How do you delete Dark Times 2?

Discussion, progress updates, and downloads for the Dark Times and Rising Son mods.

Moderator: Moderators

TigerDaBeast
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: Kamino Must Live
Games I'm Playing :: battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

How do you delete Dark Times 2?

Post by TigerDaBeast »

hey i deleted it from downloads and recycle bin and its still in my game same as conversion kod 2.0 and when i play them they dont crash can some1 help :plokoon:
acryptozoo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Yavin Mappack
Games I'm Playing :: Homeworld 2
xbox live or psn: acryptozoo

Re: HOW TO PERMENTLY DELETE DARK TIMES 2

Post by acryptozoo »

did you delete it from the addon folder
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

What exactly are you trying to do? I don't fully understand what you are saying.

Anyway, there are instructions in the mod's folder, and if you want to be sure that you have uninstalled it completely, you should try re-installing the game.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: How do you delete Dark Times 2?

Post by Fusion »

In the future, please try to not post in all capital letters. It makes the topic seem incoherent.
Unlucky13
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Projects :: Models models models
Games I'm Playing :: Random stuff

Post by Unlucky13 »

First you find your Lucasarts folder which should be at C:\Program Files\LucasArts or C:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts. Then you open BF2 and go to gamedata at C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Starwars Battlefront II\GameData. You open up addon and delete the folder BDT. Then you can delete the DT2 campaign (the campaign won't work without the mod) by opening the Data folder in gamedata and deleting the files custom_gc_10.lvl and custom_gc_11.lvl. To delete the conversion pack simply remove the BF1 file from addon.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Hi there! While I can't imagine any good reason to uninstall Dark Times II - although I will admit to being somewhat biased - it's very likely that what you're seeing is symptomatic of the way Windows 7/Vista (any OS with the "administrator"-type controls) handles maps or mods installed into a "Program Files" subfolder. There is likely a hidden backup of the mods you mention stored in the "Compatibility Files" or some such analogue, which is a mirror of the directory in the "Program Files" subfolder where the game is installed - and the game will read these files as well. What you want to do is check out this handy little piece of information from the Dark Times II documentation:
I'm getting a mission warning/some other error and this is the only mod I have installed! What's up? (Vista/Windows 7 users, take note.)
Sometimes Windows Vista and Windows 7 do funny things when you have installed or are installing mods for Star Wars Battlefront II. Vista and 7 keep backup directories - sometimes called "Compatibility Files," sometimes called "Virtual Store" - that will occasionally duplicate files you add to your Star Wars Battlefront II folder and its subfolders.

This can lead to you having some things installed that you thought you had previously deleted or removed. To check these folders, you will want to browse to a directory that is in a directory like this one:

"C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Addon"

or

"C:\Users\name\AppData\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\Addon"

This will not be the same on every machine, and the best I can tell you to do if you think you have this problem and cannot find the duplicate folder is to use your computer's search to browse for the folder's name.
This is in reference to installation, but the procedure is the same - if you can't find a mod directory that you think you've deleted but is still showing up in-game, check these out first.
TigerDaBeast
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by TigerDaBeast »

acryptozoo wrote:did you delete it from the addon folder
i cant find my add on folder i think i mite of deleted it
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

TigerDaBeast wrote:
acryptozoo wrote:did you delete it from the addon folder
i cant find my add on folder i think i mite of deleted it
If you deleted your addon folder, you wouldn't have Dark Times 2 still installed.
TigerDaBeast
Recruit Womprat Killer

Post by TigerDaBeast »

i want to keep its instal thing cuase im deleting cuase of mission space
acryptozoo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Yavin Mappack
Games I'm Playing :: Homeworld 2
xbox live or psn: acryptozoo

Post by acryptozoo »

TigerDaBeast wrote:i want to keep its instal thing cuase im deleting cuase of mission space
just delete the BDT folder from your addon folder
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

acryptozoo wrote:
TigerDaBeast wrote:i want to keep its instal thing cuase im deleting cuase of mission space
just delete the BDT folder from your addon folder
Okay folks, this is nonsense. You're going in circles and not reading what's been written beforehand. All the necessary information is in the posts above.