Interested in game mode code release?

Discussion, progress updates, and downloads for the Dark Times and Rising Son mods.

Moderator: Moderators

Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Interested in game mode code release?

Post by Maveritchell »

I'd like to hear anyone's thoughts on this. I haven't heard a whole lot of feedback on the new game modes for Dark Times II, good, bad, or otherwise. There are three basic "new" modes in Dark Times - control, VIP, and wave. Wave is the hardest of those three to implement, as it's semi-scripted and will require some experience to use, but control and VIP are written in a way so as to make them easy for anyone to implement (I'm pretty sure they even use a standard conquest layer, which means that they're super-simple to add in on top of other modes).

Now, I don't know if the interest simply isn't there - which is fine, given that these were mostly intellectual experiments anyway - but if it is, I'm much more willing to share assets of this kind than I am to open up something like my (admittedly amateur) modeling for public consumption. You guys let me know, and if there's enough interest I'll be happy to share one or all of these game modes.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Re: Interested in game mode code release?

Post by Eggman »

Control mode was never really my cup of tea (although it was very well-done), but the VIP mode can be a lot of fun. I could see myself adding it to any maps I might make in the future. The same goes for wave mode. That's something I could easily set up by myself if I had to, but it's always nice to have a template and save a bit of legwork.

Thanks for the offer! :)
Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

Yes. I am very Interested. Especially In Wave mode. I really did love the Modes In DT2, they added a 'fresh' aspect to the game. Like Eggman said, Thanks very much for the offer! :D
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Cerfon Rournes wrote:Yes. I am very Interested. Especially In Wave mode. I really did love the Modes In DT2, they added a 'fresh' aspect to the game. Like Eggman said, Thanks very much for the offer! :D

Sounds exactly like what I was going to say so, I concur :plokoon:

Wave > VIP > Control

I still liked Control, it was just my least favorite.
I am more interested in the space mode script, but meh, seeing the other scripts would be just as good, almost. :P
acryptozoo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Yavin Mappack
Games I'm Playing :: Homeworld 2
xbox live or psn: acryptozoo

Post by acryptozoo »

yeah the code release will be really cool i always liked VIP and Control
and i loved wave :P
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Code sharing is always a great thing. :thumbs:
Sky_216
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Sky_216 »

I'd be interested in all of them, even though you already sent me some wave scripts. :)
EraOfDesann
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by EraOfDesann »

I'd definitely be interested. I could use them for my next map: coming in 2015, folks!
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

EraOfDesann wrote:I'd definitely be interested. I could use them for my next map: coming in 2015, folks!

Offtopic. Meh, in 2015 I will be working at Lucasarts making SWBF4, so I probably wont be playing BF2 by then.

Ontopic:
Something I would like to amend to what I said earlier, Its not that I dont like control, the reason why I dont need the scripts for that, is because of the 3 before mentioned scripts it has the "easiest" coding, OnEnterRegion = AddAssaultPoints +5 or whatever. But VIP and Wave, those took a lot more ingenuity, mainly of course Wave. I really want to see how the Waves themselves are set up, seems like they are activated by timer and/or upon the baddies killed, and thats pretty cool.
skelltor
Sith
Sith
Projects :: BFSM
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII
xbox live or psn: skelltor95

Post by skelltor »

The wave code would be really sweet to have :D (not that the others wouldn't be useful its just wave would be the most usful).