Maps with Dark Times Support

Discussion, progress updates, and downloads for the Dark Times and Rising Son mods.

Moderator: Moderators

Lephenix
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Becoming a Concept Artist-Illustrator

Maps with Dark Times Support

Post by Lephenix »

Last edited by Lephenix on Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:54 pm, edited 11 times in total.
ShadowWing
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: I will start modding when I get time.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Re: Maps with Dark Times Support

Post by ShadowWing »

Thanks for the list.
This is pretty helpful. :P
Lephenix
Captain
Captain

Post by Lephenix »

ShadowWing wrote:Thanks for the list.
This is pretty helpful. :P
You're welcome.

EDIT: Added Gylesh: Seabed by Xavious.
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

Just a heads up as I've just deleted Tatooine: Outpost 2.0 from moddb, so the link is now dead. I have just uploaded version 3.0. though, so it should be available on the site by tomorrow.

Edit: Tatooine: Outpost 3.0
Lephenix
Captain
Captain

Post by Lephenix »

Jendo7 wrote:Just a heads up as I've just deleted Tatooine: Outpost 2.0 from moddb, so the link is now dead. I have just uploaded version 3.0. though, so it should be available on the site by tomorrow.

Edit: Tatooine: Outpost 3.0
Thanks my friend, i modified it in the first post and i am also downloading it now :thumbs: .

EDIT: Jaroona: Hunted by TK432 added to the list.

EDIT: Rhen Var: Canyon 2.0 by Kinetosimpetus added to the list.

EDIT: Coruscant: Skyline by Yuke5 and CressAlbane added to the list.
kitfisto15678
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFI SWBFII

Post by kitfisto15678 »

I think that maps with Dark Times 1 support also work with Dark Times 2 Rising Sun. The reason I say this is because I recently played Mav's Rebel Ops maps and they all support Dark Times II, but they were all made before Dark Times II was released.

I haven't tested this theory on any other maps but is this true that maps that DT1 can also be played in DT2?

Mav? :D
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Yep. The Dark Times II is backwards-compatible with maps that supported Dark Times I. The catch is that they'll still only use units that were in Dark Times I (so they'll only use the early-GCW units/heroes).
kitfisto15678
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by kitfisto15678 »

What! That's awesome! :faint:

That just made DT2 even more my most favorite mod in the universe! Now I'm going to try all of those maps I thought that I wouldn't want since it only supported DT1. That really is awesome! Someone should quote your post at the first post so people know that cool feature. :thumbs:
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

kitfisto15678 wrote:Someone should quote your post at the first post so people know that cool feature. :thumbs:
Everyone already knew about it. Congratulations! You're the last to know! :D

But seriously, it would be more surprising if it weren't backwards-compatible. From a non-modder's point of view, based on observations alone, Dark Times II is essentially Dark Times I with a lot more new content. The old content is still there, which is what maps that supported Dark Times I utilized.
kitfisto15678
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by kitfisto15678 »

AQT wrote:
kitfisto15678 wrote:Someone should quote your post at the first post so people know that cool feature. :thumbs:
Everyone already knew about it. Congratulations! You're the last to know! :D
How did people know? I don't remember reading it in any docs for DT2 and I wasn't here (Gametoast) when he originally released it. :?
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

That was implied to be a joke by the "but seriously" bit that immediately followed it, which you seem to have missed. :wink: This was then followed by an explanation as to why non-modders can assume why the backwards compatibility works. :P Modders, on the other hand, have the following thread/post for reference: http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtop ... 52#p407152 :)
kitfisto15678
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by kitfisto15678 »

Ah I see. :cpu:

I'm not used to modders being so smart! :wink:
Lephenix
Captain
Captain

Post by Lephenix »

kitfisto15678 wrote:That really is awesome! Someone should quote your post at the first post so people know that cool feature. :thumbs:
Well, I thought it was obvious :P .
When I write (DT1) next to a map's name in the first post, it means that it can support (DT2) (for the reasons mentioned above), but it'll only use the DT1 content since the map was released before DT2.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

There's no reason to jump on someone for not knowing. Kit, I know you're unfamiliar with the mod's beginnings and I can understand how it would cause confusion. Like AQT said, it's second nature to a lot of the people here because since its inception, Dark Times II has been billed as a replacement for Dark Times I (instead of just an addition to it). We did discuss this in the original Dark Times II thread (forums/viewtopic.php?p=366462#p366462), although I wouldn't have expected anyone new to understand this. That said, it would have been very sloppy of me to break compatibility since I designed this to fully replace Dark Times I (you can't have both installed at once, and there's no reason to, since this hasn't removed any content from Dark Times I).
kitfisto15678
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by kitfisto15678 »

Maveritchell wrote:There's no reason to jump on someone for not knowing. Kit, I know you're unfamiliar with the mod's beginnings and I can understand how it would cause confusion. Like AQT said, it's second nature to a lot of the people here because since its inception, Dark Times II has been billed as a replacement for Dark Times I (instead of just an addition to it). We did discuss this in the original Dark Times II thread (forums/viewtopic.php?p=366462#p366462), although I wouldn't have expected anyone new to understand this. That said, it would have been very sloppy of me to break compatibility since I designed this to fully replace Dark Times I (you can't have both installed at once, and there's no reason to, since this hasn't removed any content from Dark Times I).
I'm just not used to the SWBFII modding scene yet. I knew a lot of stuff for SWBFI modding (even if I produced little) and a lot of that stuff doesn't apply for this game. :( \

But I'm learning and it doesn't help that I came to the SWBFII scene relatively recently. :D
titanbass1
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 1+2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by titanbass1 »

Just so you know, a lot of these links are dead. Is there another way to update the list?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

titanbass1 wrote:Just so you know, a lot of these links are dead. Is there another way to update the list?
If the links are dead here, see if they're updated in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=27706

If you can't find them there, please feel free to mention it, and we'll try and update the links and/or find the map.