Arctic Units?

Discussion, progress updates, and downloads for the Dark Times and Rising Son mods.

Moderator: Moderators

yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Arctic Units?

Post by yuke5 »

I was looking in the req of dark.lvl, and it doesn't seem that arctic units aren't listed. How was it that there were arctic units present for Hoth and Fest then? Was there some sort of SetProperty function used, or are there actual odf's for arctic units? I would like to know as it would just help me add compatibility to a map much easier. Thank you.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Arctic Units?

Post by Maveritchell »

There aren't "snow versions" of the units - I loaded in the stock units and then modified the base units' properties:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code] ReadDataFile("SIDE\\all.lvl",
"all_inf_rifleman_snow",
"all_inf_rocketeer_snow",
"all_inf_sniper_snow",
"all_walk_tauntaun")
ReadDataFile("SIDE\\imp.lvl",
"imp_inf_rifleman_snow",
"imp_inf_engineer_snow",
"imp_inf_officer")

SetClassProperty("imp_inf_soldier_anh", "GeometryName", "imp_inf_snowtrooper")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_soldier_anh", "GeometryLowRes", "imp_inf_snowtrooper_low1")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_soldier_anh", "FirstPerson", "IMP\\impsntr;imp_1st_snowtrooper")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_soldier_anh", "ClothODF", "imp_inf_snowtrooper_skirt")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_soldier", "GeometryName", "imp_inf_snowtrooper")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_soldier", "GeometryLowRes", "imp_inf_snowtrooper_low1")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_soldier", "FirstPerson", "IMP\\impsntr;imp_1st_snowtrooper")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_soldier", "ClothODF", "imp_inf_snowtrooper_skirt")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_heavy_anh", "GeometryName", "imp_inf_snowtrooper")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_heavy_anh", "GeometryLowRes", "imp_inf_snowtrooper_low1")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_heavy_anh", "FirstPerson", "IMP\\impsntr;imp_1st_snowtrooper")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_heavy_anh", "ClothODF", "imp_inf_snowtrooper_skirt")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_gunner", "GeometryName", "imp_inf_atatpilot")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_gunner", "GeometryLowRes", "imp_inf_atatpilot_low1")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_gunner", "FirstPerson", "IMP\\impsntr;imp_1st_snowtrooper")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_marksman_anh", "GeometryName", "imp_inf_snowtrooper")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_marksman_anh", "GeometryLowRes", "imp_inf_snowtrooper_low1")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_marksman_anh", "FirstPerson", "IMP\\impsntr;imp_1st_snowtrooper")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_marksman_anh", "ClothODF", "imp_inf_snowtrooper_skirt")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_marksman", "GeometryName", "imp_inf_snowtrooper")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_marksman", "GeometryLowRes", "imp_inf_snowtrooper_low1")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_marksman", "FirstPerson", "IMP\\impsntr;imp_1st_snowtrooper")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_marksman", "ClothODF", "imp_inf_snowtrooper_skirt")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_commander_anh", "GeometryAddon", "com_inv_tfu_mesh")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_commander_anh", "GeometryName", "imp_inf_snowtrooper")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_commander_anh", "GeometryLowRes", "imp_inf_snowtrooper_low1")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_commander_anh", "FirstPerson", "IMP\\impsntr;imp_1st_snowtrooper")
SetClassProperty("imp_inf_commander_anh", "ClothODF", "imp_inf_snowtrooper_skirt")

SetClassProperty("all_inf_soldier_anh", "GeometryName", "all_inf_snowtrooper")
SetClassProperty("all_inf_soldier_anh", "OverrideTexture", "all_inf_soldier_hoth")
SetClassProperty("all_inf_soldier_anh", "OverrideTexture2", "Rebel_face01")
SetClassProperty("all_inf_soldier_anh", "GeometryLowRes", "all_inf_snowtrooper_low1")
SetClassProperty("all_inf_soldier_anh", "FirstPerson", "all\\allhthtr;all_1st_hothtrooper")
SetClassProperty("all_inf_heavy_anh", "GeometryName", "all_inf_snowtrooper")
SetClassProperty("all_inf_heavy_anh", "OverrideTexture", "all_inf_vanguard_hoth")
SetClassProperty("all_inf_heavy_anh", "OverrideTexture2", "Rebel_face02")
SetClassProperty("all_inf_heavy_anh", "GeometryLowRes", "all_inf_snowtrooper_low1")
SetClassProperty("all_inf_heavy_anh", "FirstPerson", "all\\allhthtr;all_1st_hothtrooper")
SetClassProperty("all_inf_marksman_anh", "GeometryName", "all_inf_snowtrooper")
SetClassProperty("all_inf_marksman_anh", "OverrideTexture", "all_inf_vanguard_hoth")
SetClassProperty("all_inf_marksman_anh", "OverrideTexture2", "Rebel_face02")
SetClassProperty("all_inf_marksman_anh", "GeometryLowRes", "all_inf_snowtrooper_low1")
SetClassProperty("all_inf_marksman_anh", "FirstPerson", "all\\allhthtr;all_1st_hothtrooper")
[/code]
Not 100% sure that the Imperial side is all correct (it should be), since I only used this for the campaign (and consequently never played as the Imperial side). Didn't ever see any problems, but just so you know to keep an eye out. Obviously some specific modifications to the stock sides (if they've been made) could cause issues here.
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Re: Arctic Units?

Post by yuke5 »

Okay, thanks for letting me know. What you posted helps a LOT. Thank you.