Problems with Dark Times mod

Discussion, progress updates, and downloads for the Dark Times and Rising Son mods.

Moderator: Moderators

geogzm
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Problems with Dark Times mod

Post by geogzm »

First and foremost, apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong section, place, or even website - I'm new to Battlefront 2 mods :v

I've installed the Dark Times mod over a v1.3 patched version of the game and while some maps work for Instant Action, there's a lot of errors that lead me to believe I haven't quite installed the mod properly. I primarily wanted to play galactic conquest, which crashes instantly, and there are several glitchy bits of text - googling around doesn't show anyone else who had a similar problem, so I'm wondering what it is I've done wrong. Here's a picture of what I'm seeing:

This is the CD version of the game however, and I was wondering if buying the steam copy would make any difference? I don't mind re-buying a game that I've had laying around for years for the galactic conquest :v
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Re: Problems with Dark Times mod

Post by Teancum »

To see the map names (and fix a number of other bugs) make sure you have the latest official game patch installed.
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

search for v1.1 patch. If you don't have this patch the version number in the upper right corner says version 1.0
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Just to clarify, you'll have issues with many different mods' localization without the 1.1 patch installed. You can find your appropriate link here (if you're US English, you're probably using the domestic version):
http://help.starwars.com/articles/en_US ... =Star-Wars
geogzm
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2

Post by geogzm »

Very helpful, very concise. Y'all are great
Hawkeman397

Post by Hawkeman397 »

I can't get the game to work now that I installed the mod, it gets past the boot screen and then crashes, I don't know what to do anymore, and am beginning to think this mod is just a bust...
RoseNebula

Post by RoseNebula »

Hawkeman397 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 2:13 pm
I can't get the game to work now that I installed the mod, it gets past the boot screen and then crashes, I don't know what to do anymore, and am beginning to think this mod is just a bust...
I had this same issue.
For me it was a file in GameData/Data/LvlPc called "Shell.lvl" deleting it and replacing it with the original file (in my case on steam via verify game files) fixed it so it runs normally.
RoseNebula

Post by RoseNebula »

Teancum wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:05 am
To see the map names (and fix a number of other bugs) make sure you have the latest official game patch installed.
My map names also dont work, i get that a lot from mods, I'm running the unofficial patch 1.3 r130 (minus the shell.lvl file bc it kept crashing my game) along with harrisonfog's remaster mod. says version 1.5 r2. Steam says up to date so I assume that means I have the latest official patch.