Skin Help (SOLVED)

Modding , share your ideas for a mod, link to your mod, this is a forum devoted to those who want to mod , offer mods or learn to mod Minecraft!

Moderator: Moderators

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Skin Help (SOLVED)

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

My Scorch skin isn't working.
Now I'll be honest, I didn't make it myself, I had someone whip it up for me back in the 1.5 beta.
But the Helmet isn't loading properly. It just shows up as a black head with a blue visor. I've tried re-uploading it to my profile twice now. Can someone confirm this and possibly help fix it?

http://tinypic.com/r/52o10p/6
Last edited by Twilight_Warrior on Sat May 05, 2012 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General_Nate
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: None because BFII is not working
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Skin Help

Post by General_Nate »

Well, for one, I think the format has to be .png.

Other than that, the black head issue is caused by not having a head texture.

Because you don't have any pixels where the head panels go, it will show up black. That MIGHT be why the helmet will not show up, but I dunno.

Also, your skin is missing a 'Body (Top)' panel.

I compared your skin to mine, and your helmet is in the right place, so the only thing I can think of that would be causing it not to show up is the file format, and MAYBE the transparent head.

What I suggest you do is put black pixels (or whatever you want) where the head panels go, add a body top panel, save it as a .png, and see what happens.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

General_Nate wrote:Well, for one, I think the format has to be .png.
It is. Hence the transparent parts. Can't do that with a jpeg.
Other than that, the black head issue is caused by not having a head texture.

Because you don't have any pixels where the head panels go, it will show up black. That MIGHT be why the helmet will not show up, but I dunno.

Also, your skin is missing a 'Body (Top)' panel.

I compared your skin to mine, and your helmet is in the right place, so the only thing I can think of that would be causing it not to show up is the file format, and MAYBE the transparent head.

What I suggest you do is put black pixels (or whatever you want) where the head panels go, add a body top panel, save it as a .png, and see what happens.
I'll try those things. The reason I ask is because I haven't touched it since I got it, nothing is changed from the original, and you know from playing with me on the GT server before that it worked back then.
General_Nate
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: None because BFII is not working
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by General_Nate »

Oh, you're right - it is .png. For some reason, the tinypic link says it's a .jpg.

Well, that was what I thought the problem was; I dunno if doing the other stuff will fix it or not. You may as well try it anyway though.

Just out of curiosity, what was the update that broke it, or when was the last time it was working?
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

I changed my skin to the Tenth Doctor a couple months ago and I just now changed it back. So I have no idea what broke it.

Here's the thing: I was talking to a friend of mine on Facebook about it, and he said that all I had to do was erase one pixel, re-paint that pixel, then save it, making sure that the transparency channel got saved, and it should fix it.

...it did...

*facepalm*