Minecraft

Everything not related to modding Minecraft goes here. Share pictures and movies of your building progress, share access to the best Minecraft servers and helpful hints and usage related to the game.

Moderator: Moderators

Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Minecraft

Post by Fusion »

Notch had numerous people tell him about things Yogscast did at Minecon. Notch alluded to these through one Twitter post and thousands of Yogscast fans berated him over it. He got frustrated and posted everything he had been told to justify his comment, even though most of it wasn't actually true. Yogscast could not respond to this because they were still on the plane ride home.

In the aftermath of this, TotalBiscuit went on some sort of rant that wasn't necessary, Notch realized he had been misinformed and apologized, and a bunch of Minecraft fanboys decided to DDOS Yogscast's website. Who knows where else this is going to go.
General_Nate
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: None because BFII is not working
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by General_Nate »

Welp, Minecaft 1.1 is out now. Bitter sweet I guess, because it seems like I just got done waiting for Bukkit to update to 1.0...
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Post by CressAlbane »

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaage for the update. Man, what happened to the feature freeze?
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

The feature freeze was only to prep for the official release of the game. The game has been officially released for about 2 months now.

You've had two months since the last update.
Why rage?
DrakusFett
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Playing BF3 for PS3
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft and BF3
xbox live or psn: PSN: DrakusFett

Post by DrakusFett »

I don't play much now days...
Got a PS3 for Christmas lol... PSN DrakusFett
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by CressAlbane »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:The feature freeze was only to prep for the official release of the game. The game has been officially released for about 2 months now.

You've had two months since the last update.
Why rage?
I've been working on a big mod. It was almost done, too! Now I have to update it :(
I'm so lazy.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Took them long enough.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Fusion wrote:Took them long enough.
To be fair, there have been A LOT of things from previous updates where the same thing could be said.
See: Lamps, fence gates, trap doors, beef/chicken, obtainable apples from trees, pumpkin seeds, tool repair, etc.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Apples and Pumpkin Seeds are really the only things that come close to this. The object was already in the game, it just couldn't be placed in a way that made sense. Stuff like Redstone Lamps and Trapdoors were things that didn't exist yet.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Fusion wrote:Apples and Pumpkin Seeds are really the only things that come close to this. The object was already in the game, it just couldn't be placed in a way that made sense. Stuff like Redstone Lamps and Trapdoors were things that didn't exist yet.
Trapdoors are doors that you place on the ground, and you craft them by crafting a sideways door. Lamps are reskinned glowstone powered by redstone and redstone-powered glowstone has been a mod for as long as glowstone's existed.

And I didn't say the others were necessarily similar, I was just pointing out that a lot of updates had most of the community saying, "Took them long enough..."
DrakusFett
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by DrakusFett »

Does anyone have cats yet? I have 2 Tuxedo ones there so cool!
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

DrakusFett wrote:Does anyone have cats yet? I have 2 Tuxedo ones there so cool!

I personally don't, however AgentSmith_#27 has three siamese cats in our fortress(in our private server with a couple other guys). I'm more of a wolf guy, which is why I have 5 of them. All you hear upon entering our castle is a chorus of meows and barks. :runaway:

AgentSmith_#38 told me he has a couple tuxedo cats, however I have not journeyed to his boat to see them with my own eyes.

On the whole I like cats. However, beyond the fact creepers are scared of them, I like wolves better for personal reasons.
DrakusFett
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by DrakusFett »

THEWULFMAN wrote:
DrakusFett wrote:Does anyone have cats yet? I have 2 Tuxedo ones there so cool!

I personally don't, however AgentSmith_#27 has three siamese cats in our fortress(in our private server with a couple other guys). I'm more of a wolf guy, which is why I have 5 of them. All you hear upon entering our castle is a chorus of meows and barks. :runaway:

AgentSmith_#38 told me he has a couple tuxedo cats, however I have not journeyed to his boat to see them with my own eyes.

On the whole I like cats. However, beyond the fact creepers are scared of them, I like wolves better for personal reasons.
I normal like wolfs too cats are just new so I'm interested. My dad is the cat person of the family haha. In a server my friend is setting up and I'm testing I have 2 cats and so does my friend but there all in my basement haha. I have 4 iron golems and 6 wolfs patrolling my yard. Good defense. No mob problems with in my fence. lol
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

XBLA Fans just posted an update on the Xbox 360 version:

http://www.xblafans.com/minecraft-devel ... 41134.html
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by CressAlbane »

This looks like a solid update; I like being able to climb vines and the new stone bricks, especially.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

360 Achievements:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Taking Inventory
10G
Open your inventory.

Getting Wood
10G
Punch a tree until the block of wood pops out

Benchmarking
10G
Craft a workbench with four blocks of wooden planks

Time To Mine!
10G
Use planks and sticks to make a pickaxe

Hot Topic
15G
Construct a furnace out of eight cobblestone blocks

Acquire Hardware
15G
Smelt an iron ingot.

Time To Farm!
10G
Use planks and sticks to make a hoe.

Bake Bread
20G
Turn wheat into bread.

The Lie
40G
Wheat, sugar, milk and eggs!

Getting An Upgrade
15G
Construct a better pickaxe

Delicious Fish
15G
Catch and cook a fish

On A Rail
40G
Travel by minecraft to a point at least 500m in a single direction where you started.

Time To Strike!
10G
Use planks and sticks to make a sword

Monster Hunter
20G
Attack and destroy a monster

Cow Tipper
15G
Harvest Some Leather

When Pigs Fly
40G
Use a saddle to ride a pig, then have the pig get hurt from fall damage while riding it.

Leader Of The Pack
30G
Befriend five wolves.

MOAR Tools
15G
Construct one type of each tool (one pickaxe, one spade, etc.)

Dispense With This
20G
Construct A Dispenser

In To The Nether
40G
Construct a Nether Portal.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

It's a bit off topic, but I wish achievements were something you actually had to ACHIEVE. You won't survive without punching wood. You can't go without opening your inventory. Why the points for that?
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

I am of the opinion that the first few Minecraft Achievements (when they were added to the PC) were "tutorial" achievements. Since you can go to the achievements page and *kinda* see how to get the next one on the list. So, you open your inventory. Then you break wood, signifying its importance as what you should be getting first and foremost. Then you have to use your wood to make a crafting table somehow. Figuring that out is an achievement in of itself, if you've never seen minecraft videos and refuse to use the wiki for help (But really, you're going to have to visit the wiki sooner or later. Some new players are just more stubborn than others). Then make a pickaxe, get stone, make furnace, smelt iron, etc etc etc until you get the hang of things. Then you can start figuring things out on your own without clues.

That being said, I'm kinda disappointed they just ported the PC achievements to Xbox. Can they at least add on more than just a handful? Make it a bit more unique? Also, it's weird talking about a game ported to the Xbox from the PC... usually it's the other way around...
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:I am of the opinion that the first few Minecraft Achievements (when they were added to the PC) were "tutorial" achievements. Since you can go to the achievements page and *kinda* see how to get the next one on the list. So, you open your inventory. Then you break wood, signifying its importance as what you should be getting first and foremost. Then you have to use your wood to make a crafting table somehow. Figuring that out is an achievement in of itself, if you've never seen minecraft videos and refuse to use the wiki for help (But really, you're going to have to visit the wiki sooner or later. Some new players are just more stubborn than others). Then make a pickaxe, get stone, make furnace, smelt iron, etc etc etc until you get the hang of things. Then you can start figuring things out on your own without clues.

That being said, I'm kinda disappointed they just ported the PC achievements to Xbox. Can they at least add on more than just a handful? Make it a bit more unique? Also, it's weird talking about a game ported to the Xbox from the PC... usually it's the other way around...
I'm totally fine with the PC ones. They're the only ingame tutorial. My concern is a general concern - this kind of stuff happens in games that HAVE tutorials. It drives me nuts.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

They'll probably be adding more in the future, IIRC the 360 version will only be the 1.66 Beta which is probably why they don't have the Enderdragon achievement there.