Minecraft

Everything not related to modding Minecraft goes here. Share pictures and movies of your building progress, share access to the best Minecraft servers and helpful hints and usage related to the game.

Moderator: Moderators

Thire
Major
Major
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Minecraft

Post by Thire »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:Lol then if you dont mind, I'll continue the contest until I can give someone some chainmail :p

If you DO happen to get on, and I've already given someone else the armor, I'll get you a set, too, deal?
I'll join eventually. Up until this weekend I haven't played a whole lot of minecraft recently though. I did have quite an adventure yesterday.

I began my search for a wolf companion close to home, unfortunately to no avail. So it was then that I decided I would gather all my bones (11 as I don't fight monster mobs that often), and enough supplies to last me, and I walked in one direction for an entire hour (or atleast I thought it was one direction). I got sidetracked and got lost in a cave I decided to explore. I wandered around that cave for atleast half an hour, but I didn't come out empty handed. I made off with a large supply of redstone, iron ore, and diamonds ( :D ). Eventually I found a large open taiga setting, and decided to stop and look around. There was my wolf. I decided to name him Blizzard. On the way home, Blizzard and I had our friendship tested at every corner. And I got lost and couldn't find my house. Upon realizing just how lost I was, I quickly made a compass out of the redstone and iron I found (as I built my house around my spawn). And along the way back I was able to find and tame three more wolves! I triumphantly returned home with my own little wolf pack. Unfortunately I learned this morning that it's a bad idea to go mining with your wolf pack. Now it's just me and Blizzard again.
Thire
Major
Major

Post by Thire »

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/04/08/minec ... -and-snow/

W00t!

We're getting rain and snow next week, and official release date is 11/11/11! :)
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Really? Another update so soon? All the mods are just updated to 1.4_01, haha.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

I was bein a Image and stalked Notch's twitter feed.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Looks pretty good, dontcha think?
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Wonder if it'll have an actual effect on gameplay. And wasn't there snow at some point? I swear to god I've seen an LP with a snowy biome with snow.
Thire
Major
Major

Post by Thire »

Grev wrote:Wonder if it'll have an actual effect on gameplay. And wasn't there snow at some point? I swear to god I've seen an LP with a snowy biome with snow.

I'm pretty sure there was. I remember it also. Either way, rain is pretty cool. According to Notch, wolves are the only mobs to be affected (they just treat it like they do when they come out of water), and the rain will put out any fires currently going in the world.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Wait a minute, wait a minute! What if rain dismantles torches?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Just so you know, FortressCraft (a MineCraft clone) just came out on Xbox Live Indie Games for 240MSP. XBLAFans.com will be holding a contest later this month to give copies away.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Teancum wrote:Just so you know, FortressCraft (a MineCraft clone) just came out on Xbox Live Indie Games for 240MSP. XBLAFans.com will be holding a contest later this month to give copies away.
Surprisingly that doesn't look that bad, haha. I might actually buy it when it's more than just a creative mode.
@Everyone else: Yeah, there used to be snow, but it got removed for no apparent reason and some people have modded it back in. Also, Grev, I highly doubt Notch would make rain put out torches, and even if he did, I'm sure that wouldn't be very popular and would probably get undone relatively quickly.
conqerer2
Private Recruit
Projects :: Blah.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft - woooooot

Post by conqerer2 »

Notch.tumblr.com
he has a youtube video of weather on it.
Lightning will be added, as will snow and rain. Rain will probably disable torches, but it's only above ground. So why not just put a one block overhang over all your torches? Also, snow will freeze exposed water, and will put snow on the ground. which I'm happy about, because I use it all up throwing snowballs at zombies and creepers. And if lightning hits a pig, it'll turn into a zombie pigman.
But I'm really more excited about the achievements and stats system. I can finally track how many blocks I've smashed to pieces.
inky
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by inky »

Hey, the Nether will be operational in 1.6 (ETA: UNKOWN)!
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Woo, pistons might be in 1.6! That's one of my favorite mods, although it usually doesn't work for me, although now that there's a config that changes its block IDs, I'm using it again.
Also, a functional Nether in MP is not good. The Nether always has been horrible except for glowstone, and it will always be terrible until Notch fixes it, although I feel that he would be likely to implement the Aether first.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:Woo, pistons might be in 1.6! That's one of my favorite mods, although it usually doesn't work for me, although now that there's a config that changes its block IDs, I'm using it again.
Also, a functional Nether in MP is not good. The Nether always has been horrible except for glowstone, and it will always be terrible until Notch fixes it, although I feel that he would be likely to implement the Aether first.
Notch really does needs to diversify the Nether before stepping up to the Aether. The Nether is more feasible in a game like Minecraft than the Aether.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Post by CressAlbane »

Grev wrote:stepping up to the Aether
I see what you did there.
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

Here's an interview between Minecraft creator Notch, and Bethesda's game director Tod Howard. I was going to post it in the Skyrim topic but it's just as relevant to Minecraft:

Notch And Todd Howard: The One-On-One Interview

Enjoy!
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Apparently 1.7 is going to be the "Adventure Update." I can't wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nThFuRtGt4
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Wewt wewt! New lighting looks amazing! Also, Removed Herobrine was in the 1.6 changelog, too. It's a joke. Also, I hate to point this out, but the blue and orange lightning is just the updated lighting. The blue lighting is just the moonlight, orange is just torches. However, I did notice on the daytime pic, in the back of the cave, there's a reddish stripe that's in a darker area so it probably isn't lighting, but it also looks like it has eyes, like it's a mob blending in or something, though it might just be problems from the image. Another thing, though this may be odd to think Notch would do, but there isn't a single ore in any of those screenshots. Maybe Notch changed the generation to make surviving harder? I mean, we can't see much of the cave, but I feel like normally by then you'd find coal/iron.
Also Pistons are coming. They will find you, and they will require your slimeballs. :runaway:
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:Wewt wewt! New lighting looks amazing! Also, Removed Herobrine was in the 1.6 changelog, too. It's a joke. Also, I hate to point this out, but the blue and orange lightning is just the updated lighting. The blue lighting is just the moonlight, orange is just torches. However, I did notice on the daytime pic, in the back of the cave, there's a reddish stripe that's in a darker area so it probably isn't lighting, but it also looks like it has eyes, like it's a mob blending in or something, though it might just be problems from the image. Another thing, though this may be odd to think Notch would do, but there isn't a single ore in any of those screenshots. Maybe Notch changed the generation to make surviving harder? I mean, we can't see much of the cave, but I feel like normally by then you'd find coal/iron.
Also Pistons are coming. They will find you, and they will require your slimeballs. :runaway:
I don't mean to doubt you, but I don't remember the updates ever bringing better lighting that made lighting inside caves via moonlight, or any special lighting at night at all. I could be wrong though. As for the removed herobrine, it's been suggested that the whole change log was a condensed 1.6 log, but the unblurred parts are not entirely fitting. As for remove herobrine, notch doesn't strike twice in the same spot. I don't think Notch would've done that twice, although seeing as it's the unblurred part, who knows?
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Well, considering how the new lighting is making the lighting colorful and ambient, and the cave mouth is still exposed to the moon, it's probably moonlight. And Notch also didn't fully publicize the last changelog like this one, and maybe he could've just been all "lulululul blur 1.6 changelog say 1.7."
Also this: Click! Ultimately, a little disappointing, because it's identical to the mod except that you can't shoot stuff around.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:Well, considering how the new lighting is making the lighting colorful and ambient, and the cave mouth is still exposed to the moon, it's probably moonlight. And Notch also didn't fully publicize the last changelog like this one, and maybe he could've just been all "lulululul blur 1.6 changelog say 1.7."
Also this: Click! Ultimately, a little disappointing, because it's identical to the mod except that you can't shoot stuff around.
I still contend that it isn't moonlight, considering it's in a cave, and everything else isn't ambiently blue. I still think there's something FANCEH in those caves.