Minecraft

Everything not related to modding Minecraft goes here. Share pictures and movies of your building progress, share access to the best Minecraft servers and helpful hints and usage related to the game.

Moderator: Moderators

Lozza
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Games I'm Playing :: STALKER - TDU2

Re: Minecraft

Post by Lozza »

Are you serious? :eek: You have to pay for minecraft? Jeez, everyone has it at school and I thought it was a little free game.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

50 of the people I was playing with got it by searching YouTube with "minecraft alpha free" but I would just buy it if you like the browser based version. It us indeed fun
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

guru wrote:50 of the people I was playing with got it by searching YouTube with "minecraft alpha free" but I would just buy it if you like the browser based version. It us indeed fun
So the last question is... are you on glue?
conqerer2 wrote: 'Inventory Editor'
AAGAHGAHGDKLABDLBWFILUBFAHBSHASKHQSQ!!!!!!11111
conqerer2
Private Recruit
Projects :: Blah.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft - woooooot

Post by conqerer2 »

Bahaha. Seizures are fun. And if that gave you problems, this'll give you a stroke: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYk-BNtsYZU . Took me three days. But who has obsession problems? Not me. Nope. And just for future reference, the nether is worth the eleven bucks by itself. There's a trial version of Alpha out at http://www.minecraft.net/survivaltest/. This hasn't been updated in forever, but it'll let you sort of halfway preview the game before you buy it.

--Edit--
huguhguhbuhaghWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!
Just checked the website looking for how much money he's made (7 million Euros, or 8.5 million dollars) And Minecraft goes into Beta on December 20th! Which means it goes up to 15 euros/ 20 dollars. But that means multiplayer will be officially bug-free. Notch has a hitch now. If you buy the game in the next five days, you do get all future versions for free, but if you buy it after beta comes out, he is removing that line. bug patches are still free though. So anybody who buys alpha gets everything for free, or if you use a gift code to get it for a friend. So if you haven't bought it yet, run!!! :runaway:
Check it all out on his blog: http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2175441966 ... er-20-2010
501st_commander
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by 501st_commander »

If you guys want, i'll post a turtorial on how to find diamonds. i already have 37+ of them.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

I personally think that's what leads people to dis-interest. Everyone looks for diamonds, and then once they have them, they get the feeling that there's nothing left to do. For that reason, I'm not looking for diamond. At all. That's not a goal. I may make a video of my house though.
501st_commander
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

my goal is to kill creepers. they never go away. ever.
conqerer2
Private Recruit

Post by conqerer2 »

Build the best ninja sky fortress ever. And then make a ninja skin to go with it. Afterwards, I will make a pit and lure spiders into it. And skeletons. And then watch them duel for my amusement.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny and FIFA
xbox live or psn: TH3 R0LL3R

Post by SilvaDalek »

guru wrote:I was thinking about a permanent server that would be gt star wars land. We could build a massive world together without griefers
That would be awesome!

I had the biggest facepalm moment today while playing. I was working on building my super castle by my spawn. It was night and I was in a mine fairly close to my spawn getting more cobblestone for my house when I finally open the door there is a creeper right there who explodes in my face and blows the front of my fort off. I spent forever rebuilding and then I was like wtf how did he get in. After a couple minutes of searching I found I had no torches on the tower roof.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

Ive been making jawa and imperial logos in the busy servers with over 45 peeps but griefieng sucks so i may moce to a private perm gt server my user is gtguur see you in thre
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

guru wrote:Ive been making jawa and imperial logos in the busy servers with over 45 peeps but griefieng sucks so i may moce to a private perm gt server my user is gtguur see you in thre
What's your server called?
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

Grev wrote:
guru wrote:Ive been making jawa and imperial logos in the busy servers with over 45 peeps but griefieng sucks so i may moce to a private perm gt server my user is gtguur see you in thre
What's your server called?
Is it even up yet?
501st_commander
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

I am setting up my server now.
Please PM me your username if you want to play (so you can get AdvBuilder), and when im done, i'll send back the link.

Edit:
Well, i'll just pos tthe link here:
http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp?serve ... 5960365ed7

Max 12 players. If you cant get in, message me on xfire or PM me.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

I play public freebuilds for star warsy model making but they wipe daily it's on the freebuild with over forty people on. As for alpha survival it's getting silly now I build a massive awesome underground mansion and exlpoding creepers blow my entryway and mobs pour in! I have candles and torches everywhere so Wth lol
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

guru wrote:I play public freebuilds for star warsy model making but they wipe daily it's on the freebuild with over forty people on. As for alpha survival it's getting silly now I build a massive awesome underground mansion and exlpoding creepers blow my entryway and mobs pour in! I have candles and torches everywhere so Wth lol
Maybe it's the glue.... :P

There's a server called Freebuild.net, or has that in it's name, 12 people, and it's a reliable server. Not cleaned to often, and it's pretty professional if you become a Builder, because as a builder, you can teleport to "work" and there you can build SANS griefers. Creepers can't blow your entryway unless you're standing in it. Is there a door there?
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

I play in the guest area of freebuild a lot.

And no door I actually blocked it wll up no exit at all and at least five torches all over blocks.

I have been just digging way deep to avoid all mobs and ended digging into mobs lolzzz

I need to host an alpha mp server just on home pc and get some help from peeps

I made wall art and everything and lost it all from Dungeon mobs
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

guru wrote:I play in the guest area of freebuild a lot.

And no door I actually blocked it wll up no exit at all and at least five torches all over blocks.

I have been just digging way deep to avoid all mobs and ended digging into mobs lolzzz

I need to host an alpha mp server just on home pc and get some help from peeps

I made wall art and everything and lost it all from Dungeon mobs
As of now, I've only found one dungeon, and I have yet to storm it for the goods.Also, I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but dig into smaller islands. If you live near water, and you see small islands, and by small I mean tiny, no trees, mostly sand or dirt, dig into them. Dig in, drop some tnt, and not only does tnt+sand look really cool, but you usually find a massive cave under the sand, a cave that goes down.
conqerer2
Private Recruit

Post by conqerer2 »

Immutable Minecraft Rules wrote: 1. Do not dig straight down.
2. Do not dig straight up.
It's bad for you.

In other news, I made a thing!
For those of you who don't know, this is Notch's picture on Tumblr, which I modified.
For those of you who don't know, that's supposed to be Santa Notch.

--Edit--
I've also found it quite effective to just dig a 2 deep pit that's 2 blocks wide, on your first day. just put it around wherever you want to stay. For example:
Hidden/Spoiler:
O = 2 deep Holes
X = don't dig
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OO XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX OO
OO XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX OO
OO XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX OO
OO XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX OO
OO XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX OO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
And you can use gathered sand to build up the inside of that circle, so that the Mobs can't see you.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

Digging down doesn't seem like a very good idea to avoid mobs, especially into cobblestone....

My name ingame in SilvaDalek, but that doesn't help until theres a gt server
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

I don't dig straight down. I have a metric butt-ton of glass, so I build stairs and floors.
Also, Minecraft has been updated with several bug fixes, most notably to me the tree de-spawn (SOOOO HELPFUL as my base is in a valley of trees and previously I just had a ton of leaves floating around), and a variety of other things. Apparently, dungeons and complex caves are more common, Zombies are zombier (they attack in groups), skeletons are sneakier, and creepers are creepier (in the sense that their sneakiness is greater). I don't know about the AI stuff, but I'm both happy and wary of what that might mean to my base. :/

Also, there's a big secret rare thing added, and nobody can figure out what it is. I believe it's natives and villages (pigmen probably), because when MC loads up, and the green bar loads quickly and words flash, I saw the word natives, and while it could be coding jargon, I'm kind of hoping for some pigman villages.