Grev's Let's Plays

Everything not related to modding Minecraft goes here. Share pictures and movies of your building progress, share access to the best Minecraft servers and helpful hints and usage related to the game.

Moderator: Moderators

Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Re: Grev's Let's Plays

Post by Grev »

Well, that was anti-climactic. While a great opportunity, it really catered to those who get there first. Sigh.

New video up, by the way, not from the livestream, I didn't get in. :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPqElrL7y3k

Enjoy!
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Well, this topic has found a new home. Much like you have. Several times.

And now you can post without editing.
Galaxy15
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by Galaxy15 »

Grev, I have a suggestion. PM me if you want to know what I'm thinking.
RogueKnight
Space Ranger
Projects :: Life. Work.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends

Post by RogueKnight »

Galaxy15 wrote:Grev, I have a suggestion. PM me if you want to know what I'm thinking.
Why not just post it here?
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Cool... Now get going with that pagoda. :P
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Alright, part of the recording of which part 25 is is sort of bad quality, in a myriad of ways, so I think I'll cut out a large portion of the useless recording, and just recap what I said in the next recording.

I'm also a bit disappointed with the pace of my Let's Play. Any suggestions/complaints/confessions?

Also, it has been suggested that I look into a mob trap and the nether. Well, there are two ways that can go down. On one hand, mob trap sounds like a good idea in the case of a skeleton spawner, or else it requires lots of player intervention. On the other hand, the name "loot grinder" attributed to mod trap sort of off-sets me. Not sure I want to go into "loot farming" territory. But a skeleton spawn trap would be most helpful. As for the Nether, it offers very little, so I may go for an episode, set up a small base. But largely, I'd only go for lightstone and bloodstone. And now that I think about it, inventing a ghost trap doesn't sound like such a bad idea, so I'm going to look into that post-pagoda.
Last edited by Grev on Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith

Post by GangsterJawa »

Grev wrote:Alright, part of the recording of which part 25 is is sort of bad quality, in a myriad of ways, so I think I'll cut out a large portion of the useless recording, and just recap what I said in the next recording.

I'm also a bit disappointed with the pace of my Let's Play. Any suggestions/complaints/confessions?
Well, you *could* just phase out all the walking parts or whatnot, but personally I don't mind the pace.
501st_commander
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by 501st_commander »

GangsterJawa wrote:
Grev wrote:Alright, part of the recording of which part 25 is is sort of bad quality, in a myriad of ways, so I think I'll cut out a large portion of the useless recording, and just recap what I said in the next recording.

Well, you *could* just phase out all the walking parts or whatnot, but personally I don't mind the pace.
i dont mind it at all.

About the neather, it would be neat to see it, the only time i went to it i have it on peaceful (i was a noob then) but i haven’t really found myself wanting to go again yet. Notch is going to add lanterns to the game to replace torches, and it’s been rumored that lightstone will be a needed component to make them.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

I don't know how I feel about all the lanterns idea, because I like torches, they're good all around, but I suppose it would add a level of intensity.

The walking thing was one of the things I noticed, especially recently as I've been going base to base.

As for the nether, I don't think it's really a big deal at this point, there is very little to do, other than gather some lightstone and bloodstone, both of which are convenient but not entirely necessary. I might look into a ghost trap, but I don't know what I could possibly hope to gain from that. If anything, it'll require lava, because ghosts blow stuff up. That or I'll set up a pigmen trap, because they drop food.
501st_commander
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Well, when Notch adds lanters, all torches will burn out after x munber of minutes, and will have to be relit with flint and steel. The only good part is, all torches in the map (and invintory) will be replaced with Lanterns, which the light on them last forever.

The Gasts in the Neather are 4*4*4 blocks big, so making a trap wont be easy. Plus, they are immune to lava, and fire.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Notch was gonna add lanterns last October. I honestly don't think he plans on doing it anymore.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

^ I would hope he doesn't.

026 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDzqMN-AVdE

Enjoy!

EDIT: Machinima just emailed me several stages of the livestream world save-file, so IF i'm allowed to, I'll explore those on camera.
Galaxy15
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Post by Galaxy15 »

Coblestone cannot be destroyed by ghasts. So make a building out of cobblestone!
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Galaxy15 wrote:Coblestone cannot be destroyed by ghasts. So make a building out of cobblestone!
Nice suggestion! Sorry for the long video hiatus, I haven't had the opportunity to play in a while, but here's what I plan to do (although as i was typing I realized there might be some flaws to my plan, so feel free to post suggestions):

I'll build the pagoda, or part of it, off camera, and each episode have a bit more done, but not do any building on camera, other than explaining certain things and how to make them. In the meantime, I will be exploring the nether, building a small base for light/blood stone mining, and making some zombie pigmen traps.

Ye or Nay?
501st_commander
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

nay

i like seeing things on camra.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith

Post by GangsterJawa »

501st_commander wrote:nay

i like seeing things on camra.
Nay as well. I also like seeing such things.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Alright, so I guess that means building on camera. The problem with that, or at least the problem as I see it, is that everything gets done really slowly. I don't have a specific plan, so lots of the buildings is "I'll do it when I get there," meaning that while I'm building I'll stray out, get some wood, go back, rebuild some parts to fit what I want, and it may end up a bit boring. Perhaps I can build off camera and build certain parts on camera, to show how it's done? Because a lot of the building will depend on symmetry, so I'll be doing lots of things multiple times.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith

Post by GangsterJawa »

Grev wrote:Alright, so I guess that means building on camera. The problem with that, or at least the problem as I see it, is that everything gets done really slowly. I don't have a specific plan, so lots of the buildings is "I'll do it when I get there," meaning that while I'm building I'll stray out, get some wood, go back, rebuild some parts to fit what I want, and it may end up a bit boring. Perhaps I can build off camera and build certain parts on camera, to show how it's done? Because a lot of the building will depend on symmetry, so I'll be doing lots of things multiple times.
That's a better idea.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Post by CressAlbane »

Seconded.