Post Your Creations!

Everything not related to modding Minecraft goes here. Share pictures and movies of your building progress, share access to the best Minecraft servers and helpful hints and usage related to the game.

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post Your Creations!

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

The title for this topic is pretty self-explanatory. Post any creations you have in Minecraft, and if you've got any awesome mods with it, then post them too. just don't post stuff that isn't yours.
So my friend from school and I have been playing Minecraft online for a while, and we had this epic idea, and we built this massive building that probably took about 10 hours of time to build. We called it, the Brotel:
Hidden/Spoiler:
The awesome lobby design:ImageMy Loft:
ImageImage
The view from my loft:Image
The biodome we built on top, the Biobrome:Image
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Re: Post Your Creations!

Post by Xavious »

Here's my little house on top of a mountain.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I'll do a more in-depth tour of it later, either by screenshot or video.
Wonderboy
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Making apples into applesauce
Games I'm Playing :: Age Of Empires II

Post by Wonderboy »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:The title for this topic is pretty self-explanatory. Post any creations you have in Minecraft, and if you've got any awesome mods with it, then post them too. just don't post stuff that isn't yours.
So my friend from school and I have been playing Minecraft online for a while, and we had this epic idea, and we built this massive building that probably took about 10 hours of time to build. We called it, the Brotel:
Hidden/Spoiler:
The awesome lobby design:ImageMy Loft:
ImageImage
The view from my loft:Image
The biodome we built on top, the Biobrome:Image
Nice place, and may I ask what mod is that with the minimap?
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:We called it, the Brotel
:shock:
Oh wait... okay that DOESN'T say Brothel, lol. I get what you're going at, bro (brotherly) hotel, but you might wanna reconsider the name :wink: .
Wonderboy
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Making apples into applesauce
Games I'm Playing :: Age Of Empires II

Post by Wonderboy »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:
Fluffy_the_ic wrote:We called it, the Brotel
:shock:
Oh wait... okay that DOESN'T say Brothel, lol. I get what you're going at, bro (brotherly) hotel, but you might wanna reconsider the name :wink: .
Haha, I had to do a double take, too.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Feb. 13th Post
Hidden/Spoiler:
Haha, honestly, I thought that I miswrote it the first time I had it down on paper. It goes with the theme though, cuz the server world's name is "Broland" and we mostly started it as a joke. Also, the mod with the minimap is Zan's Minimap mod, found Here.
I got bored today after making a small cove-like area in my new world, and I noticed that the sharks were always getting on mah property, so I set up a floodgate system to keep the water out. It took way longer than I would've like, but I think it turned out well. Vid: Click!
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

That's cool!
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Okay fellow GT Minecrafters, I have a question. I've recently "renovated" my spawn point to something similar to the Lars Homestead in A New Hope.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Here's an aerial view (from my main base) during the day:

And at night

A closer view

The glass roof

The entrance

And inside

I say it's similar to the Lars Homestead because I tried to implement the giant circle pit with an small dome entrance on the surface.

HOWEVER, I'm thinking about covering the pit up with sand to hide the base. Sort of an underground secret lair in the sand. But if I do this, it will no longer be an open pit with a dome entrance that makes up a Tatooine homestead... What's your guys' opinion?
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:Okay fellow GT Minecrafters, I have a question. I've recently "renovated" my spawn point to something similar to the Lars Homestead in A New Hope.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Here's an aerial view (from my main base) during the day:

And at night

A closer view

The glass roof

The entrance

And inside

I say it's similar to the Lars Homestead because I tried to implement the giant circle pit with an small dome entrance on the surface.

HOWEVER, I'm thinking about covering the pit up with sand to hide the base. Sort of an underground secret lair in the sand. But if I do this, it will no longer be an open pit with a dome entrance that makes up a Tatooine homestead... What's your guys' opinion?
Totally keep it the way it is. That's awesome. If you want a secret base in the sand though, it's a cool idea; do it somewhere else if possible.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

I would keep it, but if you go exploring further down the beach, make a hidden base with a sandstone base, and then covered in sand, so it's camouflaged.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

I figured I should stop by and share what I have come up with so far, this is my little home:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I call it The Mildly Grey Spire. The spire itself is not where I reside, though, it's merely a monument to my complete inability to find my way home; my real home is submerged underwater, by the base of the structure:
Hidden/Spoiler:
It's not roomy... at all... but it has a nice view and enough space for my bedroom. The Mildly Grey Spire is divided into six areas: topside, living quarters, service areas, the hub, Site A and Site B. This is the aforementioned hub:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Site A is a natural obsidian deposit where a water spring flows onto a lava pool:
Hidden/Spoiler:
As you can see, this is also where giant slime monsters have decided to make their home. That's actually the third time that happens this week, I'll have to sort it out.

Site B is a HUGE and incomprehensible maze that has little of value besides an already looted dungeon; it also loops back in and connects with Site A at the bottom. I would show it to you, but bones here wouldn't approve:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Finally, on top of the spire is an unholy dark portal that leads to the nether realm:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I have decorated it with pretty lanterns.

As a bonus, here is a completely failed project, I spent two hours and a half attempting to create a channel for a future nautical expansion, but since water does not behave realistically in Minecraft, it flopped:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I made another attempt in a more shallow area, but it was also met with failure, however, I did succeed in trapping a helpless cow, so it may still serve the purpose of an elaborate cow-trapping-milk-making-thingamabob:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Nihillo wrote: my real home is submerged underwater, by the base of the structure:
Hidden/Spoiler:
It's not roomy... at all... but it has a nice view and enough space for my bedroom.
That's awesome. I need to get me an underwater area...
Grev wrote:I would keep it, but if you go exploring further down the beach, make a hidden base with a sandstone base, and then covered in sand, so it's camouflaged.
Noob question time: How does one acquire sandstone? :D
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:Noob question time: How does one acquire sandstone? :D
Sand + sand + sand + more sand (4 times total). You don't even need a crafting bench.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Thanks! There's a huge desert to the west of my base (assuming you spawn facing the north) so I'll look into it.
Bob
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bob »

My home is my castel:
Hidden/Spoiler:
this thing took about 6 hours and about 1300 cobblestones to built, I also needed to destroy a whole mountain
the walkways
main tower:
1. floor: main entrance and everything you need
basement: storing room and tunnel to my main base (smal compared to this castel)
2. floor: bridges to connect the tower with the walkways
3. floor: unnecessary windows
4. floor: the portalroom
ImageImage
the roof
next time I'll show you my very unnecessary and very high tower.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:Thanks! There's a huge desert to the west of my base (assuming you spawn facing the north) so I'll look into it.
Also, it's even easier to get now with the 1.3 update. There is always sandstone at the bottom of a stack of sand now.
EDIT: Just got started screwing around in that massive, epic cave I mentioned in the general discussion thread that you get when you generate a world with a seed of -11. I've turned it into my main base of operations, and I'm definitely going to be adding a farm, etc. sooner or later. Only one pic for now, though.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Yes, that is an impenetrable wall of cacti.
EDIT2: Passive mobs are dumb.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Bob
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Post by Bob »

:eek: I've seen some caves near the bedrock wich are so big that you need days (realtime) to walk from one end to the other and also obsidian on the surface, but it's the first time I see a cave like this!
I hope they can update the mods soon, I want to play the crature mod...
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

How does the seed generator work? Does it add chunks into an existing world?
RogueKnight
Space Ranger
Projects :: Life. Work.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends

Post by RogueKnight »

Some shots of my third minecraft world, I'll post descriptions after school. :D
Hidden/Spoiler:
Front view
Inside
Downstairs bedroom
Nether Room
Garden
Deck
Giant Creeper
Back view
Minecart track to second base
Second base (underground)
Second base inside
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Grev wrote:How does the seed generator work? Does it add chunks into an existing world?
When you create a new world, there's a little box beneath the world's name where you can type in a seed. When you type in a seed, the game generates a world to go with that seed, and if you type in the same seed as I did for that huge cave (-11) then you will always see that cave no matter what, although the spawn may be different.