GT Exclusive SMP Server (Temporary)

Everything not related to modding Minecraft goes here. Share pictures and movies of your building progress, share access to the best Minecraft servers and helpful hints and usage related to the game.

Moderator: Moderators

NullCommando
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: NullCommando

Re: GT Exclusive SMP Server (Temporary)

Post by NullCommando »

Dohnutt wrote:[EDIT 2]
Who's giant cobblestone fortress is that in the main city? lol
Heheh, the things I do when I'm bored. :P

That's mine, and when I finish it it'll have space for a few small homes haha.
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

Xavious wrote:
Dohnutt wrote:[EDIT 3]
If anyone's got lots of extra cobblestone, I could really use it
I've got a fair amount. What are you building?
A big duel arena, north of my house. Towards Top Hat.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Dohnutt wrote:
Xavious wrote:
Right outside my house? :P
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Grev wrote:
Dohnutt wrote:
Xavious wrote:
Right outside my house? :P
I was watching him build it on the dynamic map. It looks epic, from what I can tell, on the eagle-eye view.
Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Post by Fingerfood »

The server's pretty laggy right now. It could be my end, though I doubt it.

Also, I've been experimenting in resurrecting my old server using Bukkit, along with adding a lot of plugins and such. Anyways, I figured I'd go ahead and list the more interesting plugins here, just incase you wanted to add them at some point.

InfiniteLava - As it sounds. Four lava blocks in a cross makes the middle block solid. Pretty useful, as right now lava is limited. (Is it infinite in the Nether? I don't remember.)
AppleTree - Gives leaves a percent chance to drop apples and golden apples. Again, useful because apples can only be found in dungeon chests.
properTime - Could be useful if you wanted to change night/day time.
TorchBurn - Kind of laggy, but it does seem to work. Could be fun/useful.
Vegetation - Mostly got this because it supposedly makes flowers/pumpkins/etc spread, but it doesn't appear to work. If you did get it working it could be useful for those of us making gardens.

EDIT:
Lag seems fine now.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Fingerfood wrote:The server's pretty laggy right now. It could be my end, though I doubt it.

Also, I've been experimenting in resurrecting my old server using Bukkit, along with adding a lot of plugins and such. Anyways, I figured I'd go ahead and list the more interesting plugins here, just incase you wanted to add them at some point.

InfiniteLava - As it sounds. Four lava blocks in a cross makes the middle block solid. Pretty useful, as right now lava is limited. (Is it infinite in the Nether? I don't remember.)
AppleTree - Gives leaves a percent chance to drop apples and golden apples. Again, useful because apples can only be found in dungeon chests.
Vegetation - Mostly got this because it supposedly makes flowers/pumpkins/etc spread, but it doesn't appear to work. If you did get it working it could be useful for those of us making gardens.

EDIT:
Lag seems fine now.
I'll look into those. I might have some time tomorrow to do some server maintenance, if not, then this weekend I'll try to get the War plugin and some of these implemented. Be mindful, though, the more plugins I run, the more RAM I have to allocate to the server, and I AM running from a home setup. This means one of two things: a) the server's gonna lag a bit more often or b) its going to run out of usable RAM fast and not work properly
Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Post by Fingerfood »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:
Fingerfood wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
The server's pretty laggy right now. It could be my end, though I doubt it.

EDIT:
Lag seems fine now.
I'll look into those. I might have some time tomorrow to do some server maintenance, if not, then this weekend I'll try to get the War plugin and some of these implemented. Be mindful, though, the more plugins I run, the more RAM I have to allocate to the server, and I AM running from a home setup. This means one of two things: a) the server's gonna lag a bit more often or b) its going to run out of usable RAM fast and not work properly
Yeah, yeah, I understand. It's mostly just the first two that I'd really recommend though, as they're a pretty good balance of usefulness and simplicity (Thus less RAM usage). I also forgot to mention that, from what I've tested, Vegetation seems really laggy, especially considering its effects weren't that obvious. That could be just from my testing configuration, but like I said, there wasn't any obvious effects even with that.

Anyway, again, thanks for keeping up with the server. I'm sure we're all enjoying it, and you're doing a fine job of keeping it up and stable. :)
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

The first two did, indeed, look very useful. As for vegetation, I was reading up on it and I might be able to reduce lag and possible effectiveness by messing around with the config file. I'll see what I can do in my "testing chambers" when I have time.

SHADOW BUMP: There was a Bukkit update last night, so not all the plugins might work properly until I get updates from them, too (IE: LWC)
I'll try to get this resolved ASAP.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

MC 1.4 update just released. I'll update the server ASAP
Bukkit Thread titled 'OH NO, a Minecraft update has broken Bukkit! What do I do!?' wrote:First off, relax.
It usually takes us a few hours AT LEAST to get Bukkit working with the latest Minecraft update, so you're better off playing a different game or staying on the previous version of Minecraft, instead. TW's note: I'm just shutting the server off for now until they update. Have fun on single player!

Once we have a new Bukkit build that is compatible with the newest Minecraft update, we'll put it under rigorous testing and then promote it as a Recommended Build. Usually, due to the way Bukkit and CraftBukkit are designed, plugins should work just fine but there's no guarantee that this is always the case so be sure to test everything on a test server before you go live.

Have fun!
So the server's off. We might have to nix some plugins that don't work at first, but I'm fairly certain most of them should function properly.

For now: Wolves and pink sheep in single player. I got my wolf, what should I name it?
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:MC 1.4 update just released. I'll update the server ASAP
Bukkit Thread titled 'OH NO, a Minecraft update has broken Bukkit! What do I do!?' wrote:First off, relax.
It usually takes us a few hours AT LEAST to get Bukkit working with the latest Minecraft update, so you're better off playing a different game or staying on the previous version of Minecraft, instead. TW's note: I'm just shutting the server off for now until they update. Have fun on single player!

Once we have a new Bukkit build that is compatible with the newest Minecraft update, we'll put it under rigorous testing and then promote it as a Recommended Build. Usually, due to the way Bukkit and CraftBukkit are designed, plugins should work just fine but there's no guarantee that this is always the case so be sure to test everything on a test server before you go live.

Have fun!
So the server's off. We might have to nix some plugins that don't work at first, but I'm fairly certain most of them should function properly.

For now: Wolves and pink sheep in single player. I got my wolf, what should I name it?
Aw, I was just about to ask when the server would be up, so I could stream from it. Take your time though.

As far as wolf names go, I've always liked Siberius. Or Chaps. Or Wolfie.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

If you didn't update your game, I can still put the server back up, I guess. But if you DID update to 1.4, then yeah, it's not even gonna let you connect.

I guess the question is how many people haven't updated to 1.4 yet?
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:If you didn't update your game, I can still put the server back up, I guess. But if you DID update to 1.4, then yeah, it's not even gonna let you connect.

To my knowledge, you can't NOT update. The game auto-updates, at least for me...
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Grev wrote:
Twilight_Warrior wrote:If you didn't update your game, I can still put the server back up, I guess. But if you DID update to 1.4, then yeah, it's not even gonna let you connect.

To my knowledge, you can't NOT update. The game auto-updates, at least for me...
The standalone launcher asks you, "Do you wish to update" and there's an "Update later" option. Maybe it didn't do that eariler, idk since you've had the game a lot longer than I, but now it does, sooooo...

Anyway, I assume most of us updated, anyway, the wolves are just too good to pass up. We can go a few days without multiplayer. If you want, I can set up a new non-Bukkit server... Minecraft_Server.exe still works fine. It won't have any of the plugins, and we'll have a totally new world, but it's doable.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

@Grev: There's a newer launcher out that asks if you want to update.
@TW: Maybe you should do that until Bukkit gets updated to 1.4. Also, I haven't updated to 1.4, however I have Minecraft Portable, too, and that's updated to 1.4. Also name your wolf Lance Uppercut.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Actually, if you guys want, I can put up the 404 challenge server. It's ready, I just need to turn it on.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Funny story, I just made the Temp-temp server... using seed 404... Not sure if the spawn point's right, though...
EDIT: as per Grev's topic:
Find your way to the sinkhole at coordinates -25, 65, 15 (Use F3)
Feel free to connect!
NOTE: Must have Minecraft v1.4 to connect.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Oh, sounds good! I won't be there yet, but when I am there, I'll probably start streaming, so, be aware of that. :P
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

UPDATE:
Craftbukkit now has a recommended build for 1.4!
The bad news is that the plugins now need to be updated by their authors.

List of plugins Green for Working, Red for not:
- Permissions
- iChat
- PluginUpdateChecker
- Autostop
- Multiverse
- DynMap
- LWC

- myHome
- LoginMessage
- War

(Yes, I implemented War on the day everything stopped working. Lucky me)

LoginMessage is still enabled, it's not perfect, but it /kinda/ works. It just spams my end with an error message, but it doesn't seem to affect the server. I'll keep you guys posted.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

TW, I hate to do this cuz we were agreeing to share any wolves we found, but I went on the server a few minutes ago and found 3 of them just hangin' out right outside my house, so I now have 4 wolves, named Manley Powers, Flex, Lance Uppercut, and Max Fightmaster. :P So a useful fact is that the town is in a forest biome.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:TW, I hate to do this cuz we were agreeing to share any wolves we found, but I went on the server a few minutes ago and found 3 of them just hangin' out right outside my house, so I now have 4 wolves, named Manley Powers, Flex, Lance Uppercut, and Max Fightmaster. :P So a useful fact is that the town is in a forest biome.
You didn't name one Jack Powerblast or Punch KickMcStab? I AM DISAPPOINT.