GT Exclusive SMP Server (Temporary)

Everything not related to modding Minecraft goes here. Share pictures and movies of your building progress, share access to the best Minecraft servers and helpful hints and usage related to the game.

Moderator: Moderators

DrakusFett
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Playing BF3 for PS3
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft and BF3
xbox live or psn: PSN: DrakusFett

Re: GT Exclusive SMP Server (Temporary)

Post by DrakusFett »

Snork wrote:Hey, we can recreate anything we really miss in the new server, except better.
Except my Void holes D: (All 12 Blocks of them)

And I don't think I could make my mine again lol(It's 2 levels of I think 6blocks high) and Unknown blocks long and wide.
I mean that thing was perfect it had slime in it very often...Big to Tiny.
General_Nate
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: None because BFII is not working
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by General_Nate »

I think we need to map out a city area, and all buildings in the main city would have to meet a certain standard (I.E., no solid wood plank houses) to make it more esthetically pleasing.

I am actually against the creative mode in the city... IDK... I just think it's more impressive, and more self satisfying to gather all the stuff your self.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

General_Nate wrote:I think we need to map out a city area, and all buildings in the main city would have to meet a certain standard (I.E., no solid wood plank houses) to make it more esthetically pleasing.
I'm not gonna axe wood (pun intended). It's a renewable resource, and I know from experience that both Dohnutt and myself can make aesthetically pleasing structures out of it (there are probably others, but those are the first few examples that pop into my head). I will agree, however, that if you just build a box out of planks, it does not look that fantastic, so perhaps rather than setting a standard of quality, offer your services to improve on other players' lots? Keep in mind, this isn't a "take the lot for yourself, just let them live there," the basic layout should still be decided by each individual, but a stone stair roof, a few logs, and some bonemeal landscaping can go a long way to improving a wooden plank box.
Snork
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and Minecraft

Post by Snork »

So... I'm quitting the computer for a while so I can break my excessive computer usage habit. I'm basically an addict. Its been fun guys, I may be back some day. But for now, I need to get away.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Rumor has it that 1.8 is going to be released this week, possibly Thursday if Jens' prediction is correct. Time to finish up what you want, people.

Once 1.8 rolls out, I'll be taking the server down as soon as I can. I'll do a couple of tweaks so that everything is okay for the transfer to SSP (meaning I'll fill the inventory with some food and iron tools, walk to GT town square so that's where you'll start, etc), then I'll distribute the map.
NullCommando
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: NullCommando

Post by NullCommando »

When we have our 1.8 server up and running I'll help establish the spawn area then wander off into the distance. Every now and then I'll return to the main town with items people have requested or just have items in general that I will "trade" out to people.

When this happens just send me a PM or reply to the thread that I will make in the near future with your item requests. I will not however give you diamond blocks or anything similar to that so keep it reasonable.

Also, I'd like to thank you Twi for hosting this server for us, it's great to play with a such a great community and without you doing this I doubt we'd even have a GT Minecraft Server. :)
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.

Post by Grev »

NullCommando wrote:When we have our 1.8 server up and running I'll help establish the spawn area then wander off into the distance. Every now and then I'll return to the main town with items people have requested or just have items in general that I will "trade" out to people.

When this happens just send me a PM or reply to the thread that I will make in the near future with your item requests. I will not however give you diamond blocks or anything similar to that so keep it reasonable.

Also, I'd like to thank you Twi for hosting this server for us, it's great to play with a such a great community and without you doing this I doubt we'd even have a GT Minecraft Server. :)
That's pretty intense. Heres an idea though. Give us some small markers. I'd be interested in making a small game out of this, if you wouldn't mind. Leave an occasional block so we know what direction you're going in. Leave a trail. I'd be interested in following you in a search for the elusive Null.

And I totally agree. Thanks a lot Twi. You've done a mighty fine job my boy!
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

So apparently my internet service provider did some maintenance about an hour after I left the house this morning.

Server's back up now.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by RED51 »

Pfft, Endermen think they got the smack down on me, I'll show them! With my sword in there face! Let me at them already! :maulsaber:
Dear lord they're already here! We'll won't get past the first night! We're doomed!!!
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

That should really go in the general discussion thread:
http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtop ... 79&t=23442

I try to use /this/ thread for server-specific news.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:That should really go in the general discussion thread:

*sighs* Fine. I'll ask AQT to move it later so you can keep your thread clean.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

THEWULFMAN wrote:
Twilight_Warrior wrote:That should really go in the general discussion thread:

*sighs* Fine. I'll ask AQT to move it later so you can keep your thread clean.
Not necessary, just for future reference. This thread is far from clean :P I'd just like to keep SOME sort of hierarchy and structure so that we don't get blatantly off topic and end up locking the server thread.
NullCommando
Jedi
Jedi

Post by NullCommando »

That's pretty intense. Heres an idea though. Give us some small markers. I'd be interested in making a small game out of this, if you wouldn't mind. Leave an occasional block so we know what direction you're going in. Leave a trail. I'd be interested in following you in a search for the elusive Null.

And I totally agree. Thanks a lot Twi. You've done a mighty fine job my boy!
I won't be leaving any markers, so if you want to look for me good luck. Though I will say this;

"I like to sit in the golden glow of a certain tree
Where all peaceful things gather
And all evil things flee."

I think only one person would understand this as of right now.

I'm going to start a little settlement in the far off horizon then return from time to time with items and quests to give out and trade.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Post by CressAlbane »

Attention Gametoastia residents:
In order to celebrate the impending release of version 1.8, I've decided to give everyone on the server FREE tools! Not only are these tools made of stunningly blue diamond, they come in a variety of chests! As a bonus, you can pick out a brand new golden apple to go with the tools!
To claim your tools, simply make your way to Dinotopia and open the set of chests near the poeple crusher. You won't regret it - I've got so many tools that everyone can have THREE diamond picks! You can even take some extremely rare, unplaceable blocks known as Unnamed! (if you act quickly - supplies of Unnamed are limited!)
Remember, just make your way to Dinotopia and access the chests by the Town Hall. It's the chance of a Minecraft update's lifetime! :mrgreen:
NullCommando
Jedi
Jedi

Post by NullCommando »

Whoever took down my diamond and gold trees; you're a jerk. I put signs by them for a reason.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

NullCommando wrote:Whoever took down my diamond and gold trees; you're a jerk. I put signs by them for a reason.
Twilight_Warrior in a simaler situation wrote:You know, rather than posting here and looking silly, you could have just told me what happened, given me the coordinates, and I could have found who did it for you so you could have a private discussion with them about the matter.
jmanblue72
Games I'm Playing :: halo minecraft

Post by jmanblue72 »

is anyone going to be on tonight?
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

THEWULFMAN wrote:
NullCommando wrote:Whoever took down my diamond and gold trees; you're a jerk. I put signs by them for a reason.
Twilight_Warrior in a simaler situation wrote:You know, rather than posting here and looking silly, you could have just told me what happened, given me the coordinates, and I could have found who did it for you so you could have a private discussion with them about the matter.
Twilight_Warrior wrote:Rumor has it that 1.8 is going to be released this week, possibly Thursday if Jens' prediction is correct. Time to finish up what you want, people.

Once 1.8 rolls out, I'll be taking the server down as soon as I can.
Do you really think this requires that? Also, Null isn't asking who did it, he's expressing anger. It's not exactly "similar."
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Grev wrote:Do you really think this requires that? Also, Null isn't asking who did it, he's expressing anger. It's not exactly "similar."
Null is bringing up an issue best suited to private discussions, not public. While he did not ask directly, I'm sure he wants to know who did it. Thus it would be easiest to just ask TW who did it, and avoid the open discussion. Why bother mentioning it if you don't want something done about it? Simaler enough to me.