GT Exclusive SMP Server (Temporary)

Everything not related to modding Minecraft goes here. Share pictures and movies of your building progress, share access to the best Minecraft servers and helpful hints and usage related to the game.

Moderator: Moderators

Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Re: GT Exclusive SMP Server (Temporary)

Post by Fingerfood »

Ingame name is Fingerfood5.
Wonderboy
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Making apples into applesauce
Games I'm Playing :: Age Of Empires II

Post by Wonderboy »

My IGN is Rank_Penguin.
EDIT: Ugh, I have horrible lag, I don't know why. I can usually go onto servers.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

OP updated.

Tomorrow I've got school, so I'll try to get the server up and running on my family's desktop computer (which should be just as smooth as my laptop) before I leave, but no guarantees. At latest, the server will be up around 1:30 CST.

Also, I'm going to try and implement the chat plugin for Fluffy tomorrow. With any luck, the GT Minecraft server will have its [Diet Dr. Pepper] just like its forums. I'm kinda busy this week, so I'm not sure when I'll have the multiple worlds set up, but I have the theory down, just gotta test it in my other server.

EDIT: The server IS up this morning for those of you who don't have anything better to do on a Monday morning than play Minecraft (or those of you who live in a different time zone) :wink:
Wonderboy
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Making apples into applesauce
Games I'm Playing :: Age Of Empires II

Post by Wonderboy »

I'm having extreme troubles all of a sudden. Yesterday I could run it smooth, but today I have literally been able to play for 5 minutes, plus I died from the problems. The ping is just extremely high. For some reason the transfer rates suck for me today. Any advice?
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

Is there a limit to the number of chests that can be locked? I have 3 (I think), and I can't seem to lock any more. I can still lock doors though, so it isn't the lock command itself that's not working.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny and FIFA
xbox live or psn: TH3 R0LL3R

Post by SilvaDalek »

My ingame name is SilvaDalek
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Wonderboy wrote:I'm having extreme troubles all of a sudden. Yesterday I could run it smooth, but today I have literally been able to play for 5 minutes, plus I died from the problems. The ping is just extremely high. For some reason the transfer rates suck for me today. Any advice?
I tested running the servers on my desktop today so I wouldn't have to rely on my laptop (as I take it to school with me on Thursdays and Fridays). I did notice an increase in lag, even on my end, so I won't be relying on this method as a permanent installment.
However,
Because I do take my laptop with me on Tuesdays and Thursdays, the server will be run from my desktop until I get home. I will move the servers back to my laptop when I get home, but until then, expect an increase in server lag.
Xavious wrote:Is there a limit to the number of chests that can be locked? I have 3 (I think), and I can't seem to lock any more. I can still lock doors though, so it isn't the lock command itself that's not working.
Huh...
There shouldn't be a limit... that's really strange. I know Fluffy had a similar problem with his double doors, but he seems to have fixed it, because they are locked now. I'd try destroying the chests and replacing them if you can. If not, you could just build a storage room with a locked door.
SilvaDalek wrote:My ingame name is SilvaDalek
OP updated.

Also, I added a new plugin for you guys called myHome. Just type "/home set" to create your home point. After you do this, whenever you die, you will automatically spawn at your 'home'. There was also an option to allow users to just type "/home" to automatically teleport to their home point, but I didn't want people just '/home'ing out of a mine once they got a mountain of goodies, takes the fun out of the game, dontchyathink?
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by DeathRow »

I have really got to find the right time for me to come on, every time I have tried.. the servers been down. Timezones ftw.
Xavious
Sith Master
Sith Master

Post by Xavious »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:
Xavious wrote:Is there a limit to the number of chests that can be locked? I have 3 (I think), and I can't seem to lock any more. I can still lock doors though, so it isn't the lock command itself that's not working.
Huh...
There shouldn't be a limit... that's really strange. I know Fluffy had a similar problem with his double doors, but he seems to have fixed it, because they are locked now. I'd try destroying the chests and replacing them if you can. If not, you could just build a storage room with a locked door.
Yeah, I've tried destroying and replacing them already, as well as placing them in different locations. Disconnecting and reconnecting also didn't change anything. I suppose I'll go ahead and make a locked storage room, then.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

DeathRow wrote:I have really got to find the right time for me to come on, every time I have tried.. the servers been down. Timezones ftw.
Part of that issue might have been that minecraft.net was down for a good percentage of yesterday. I usually try to hold the server to a schedule as follows:
Server Up: When I wake up and turn the computer on (between 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM CST. 11 at latest)
Server Down: 11:00 PM CST
Hidden/Spoiler:
This is why we need a dedicated 24/7 server not run by me and my laptop :p
Xavious wrote:
Twilight_Warrior wrote:
Huh...
Yeah, I've tried destroying and replacing them already, as well as placing them in different locations. Disconnecting and reconnecting also didn't change anything. I suppose I'll go ahead and make a locked storage room, then.
I'll make a comment on the bukkit forums, see if there's a fix.
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

So. At the time when I made my house, I didn't know it was possible to lock chests and stuff. So I didn't.
I was gone for a few days and I just logged on today and checked my chests. And someone took a bunch of stuff.

I had a bunch of coal, some iron, and a lot of wood. But now it's gone.
Someone had written "Hi" in cobblestone inside the chest.

...Yeah thanks.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Dohnutt wrote:So. At the time when I made my house, I didn't know it was possible to lock chests and stuff. So I didn't.
I was gone for a few days and I just logged on today and checked my chests. And someone took a bunch of stuff.

I had a bunch of coal, some iron, and a lot of wood. But now it's gone.
Someone had written "Hi" in cobblestone inside the chest.

...Yeah thanks.
Wow. I thought we all could be a little more mature than that.
Hidden/Spoiler:
And if anyone blames Herobrine, I'll cover your houses in a shell of bedrock so you can't get in/out =p

...jk
Items returned. I guess LWC was a good idea for just-in-case scenarios like this...

Also, I'm going to get rid of the dynamic map. While it is useful, it's taking up a lot of server RAM, and I'm only using it as a check to see if the server is up or not. I found a script on the Minecraft forums to do that for me (I added it to the OP), sooooo....
Yeah, I don't think anyone ever used the Dynamic Map that often anyway.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

That dynamic map thing is pretty wicked.

Also I'm DashCarCrash. I'll hop on tomorrow and in the future.
Master_Ben
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
Location: Watching your PC over your shoulder. No, the other sholder....

Post by Master_Ben »

Sounds fun, my ingame is GTBen. :)
ecko_66
Private First Class

Post by ecko_66 »

um... a creepy exploded right next to me at spawn.. with the sign... sorry

it was night... i'll go back later and find supplies to fix it.

oh yeah, my ingame is Ecko_66
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

OP updated.

My bad, guys, forgot to switch up the ports this morning when I opened up the server. Should be up now.
ecko_66
Private First Class

Post by ecko_66 »

-edit- nevermind.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

We need Hebes24 to be approved. He's on, but he can't build. Hebes24 is his IGN.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Grev wrote:We need Hebes24 to be approved. He's on, but he can't build. Hebes24 is his IGN.
Done.

Sorry about the craziness today, guys. I'm trying to get multi-world set up so we can do nether, single player imports (how cool would it be for all of us to just hop in to one of our single player worlds?), and possibly a little surprise I think you all will enjoy. I think I got it working now, but from now on, all iffy server-related things will be done on a test server before being implemented on a GT server so we don't have any more screwups. I may need you guys to help me out with that from time to time by connecting to the test server (as I might need to test things on a user end rather than from an admin's perspective), but I'll ask you when the time comes.
501st_commander
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by 501st_commander »

Will the server be up/any one on tonight?