Wolfies!

Everything not related to modding Minecraft goes here. Share pictures and movies of your building progress, share access to the best Minecraft servers and helpful hints and usage related to the game.

Moderator: Moderators

Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Wolfies!

Post by Dohnutt »

Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Re: Wolfies!

Post by Grev »

As cool as that would be, and Notch has mentioned wolves in the list of mobs he wanted to add, that looks like user created content, akin to the Mo' Monsters Mod, unless that is the account of a coder. If not, I'm excited. I just hope it's not passive. Squids are so cool but almost useless/irrelevant because they're passive.
Thire
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Thire »

It's cool and all, but I don't understand why Notch doesn't just implement the Mo Creatures Mod, like he implemented the Better Lighting mod. I assumed it would be for legal reasons, but he did implement the better lighting mod.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

While those look awesome, I think that video didn't show enough. I feel like they would add something more than just a dog when they call it a wolf.
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

Well that's just the dev working on stuff. It's just an update. I'm pretty sure they're adding other "pet-able" animals too.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

They seem friendly.

That's cool, I wanted an animal companion of some sort on Minecraft. I almost made a room for a chicken pet that I planned to get inside my base by throwing eggs at the walls until a chicken spawned (Minecraft logic is awesome), but then I remembered that it would de-spawn as soon as I distanced myself from my base.

It seems they like to follow the player, I sense a great potential for plenty of "Wilsoooon" moments.
Fluffy_the_ic wrote:I feel like they would add something more than just a dog when they call it a wolf.
The first dogs used by man were actually tamed wolves.
Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Post by Fingerfood »

D'awwww....

Also, they look insanely useful.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Thire wrote:It's cool and all, but I don't understand why Notch doesn't just implement the Mo Creatures Mod, like he implemented the Better Lighting mod. I assumed it would be for legal reasons, but he did implement the better lighting mod.
Too many creatures. The beauty of minecraft is the simplicity, the minimalism of sorts. There are four very different, iconic mobs. Adding a ton more would break that, and leave less room for Notch and his team to create new original mobs.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Okay, I dont own Minecraft, never played it, dont know much of anything about it, But I love this. They are cute, like wolves are when they are your friend, but they can kick some serious butt, I loved seeing the wolves just team up on the poor cows :funny2:

This is the only thing so far that has made me interested in Minecraft, WOLVES FTW 8)
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Nihillo wrote:
Fluffy_the_ic wrote:I feel like they would add something more than just a dog when they call it a wolf.
The first dogs used by man were actually tamed wolves.
I know, but I feel like you're gonna have to tame them yourself. I was mainly saying I wish the video showed more, if there was any more to it.
501st_commander
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by 501st_commander »

I cant wait...

*clicks a creeper* *omnom*
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:I know, but I feel like you're gonna have to tame them yourself. I was mainly saying I wish the video showed more, if there was any more to it.
Ah, ok, I misunderstood what you meant.

Maybe they start as a hostile mob and become passive over time?
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

Nihillo wrote:
Fluffy_the_ic wrote:I know, but I feel like you're gonna have to tame them yourself. I was mainly saying I wish the video showed more, if there was any more to it.
Ah, ok, I misunderstood what you meant.

Maybe they start as a hostile mob and become passive over time?
Well I realize that it very well could go that way but in the video it showed the dogs as passive. Then you give it a bone and it's tame. Maybe at night it would go hostile?
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Jens spent most of the week working on a new mob; the wolf! You can tame it and order it to follow you around, and it’ll work as a pet. They're fairly rare, but they won't despawn once you've tamed them.
Source.

It's officially confirmed, we will have pet wolves.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Nihillo wrote: Source.

Now I want MineCraft :cry:
501st_commander
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by 501st_commander »

Nihillo wrote:
Jens spent most of the week working on a new mob; the wolf! You can tame it and order it to follow you around, and it’ll work as a pet. They're fairly rare, but they won't despawn once you've tamed them.
Source.

Source #2