GT Minecraft Server

Everything not related to modding Minecraft goes here. Share pictures and movies of your building progress, share access to the best Minecraft servers and helpful hints and usage related to the game.

Moderator: Moderators

Gandalf
Private First Class
Projects :: Tibrin-Island
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

GT Minecraft Server

Post by Gandalf »

It may not be that good, it may be up at random times, and it may crash right after you build a super-huge-giant-stadium-thing out of obsidian, but it's a Minecraft server I made for Gametoasters!
IP: 69.24.191.199:25565

I have tested it with a few people, who built or helped me build the buildings that are currently there. It didn't lag too much for them, it hopefully will not lag too much for you. There should be signs/paths guiding you to everything important, and there is an emphasis of survival over building. And yes, it's running Minecraft version 1.1.
Rules: Are all posted on a big board ingame.

Yes, it is running Bukkit.
Server Status: Image
Last edited by Gandalf on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Re: GT Minecraft Server

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Gandalf wrote: IP: 69.24.191.199:25565
Fixed.
DrakusFett
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Playing BF3 for PS3
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft and BF3
xbox live or psn: PSN: DrakusFett

Post by DrakusFett »

No lag(or very very very little) For me! :D
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

The Banned Castle welcomes you. Please go left for the real Gametoastia.

General_Nate
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: None because BFII is not working
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by General_Nate »

No lag for me! At one point I had a little block lag, where I would break some blocks, and they would reappear, but nothing too major. :)

I suggest re-downloading Essentials, Gandalf, it really is a useful plugin for running a server. If you have any problems with it like you were describing, PM me. :)
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

I disagree. I think Essentials is too much. Why do you need 109 different commands for a vanilla server?

Here's what we used the most on the old GT server:
- LWC (chest/door protection)
- Epic Zones (you guys might remember the great wall? this was the plugin that kept you nosy pests out while I tried to set up a surprise quest for the server. =P Unfortunately, I couldn't maintain the server and it never got finished. I also used this plugin to disallow fire in ipodzanyman's pixel art gallery.)
- SuperLog (It's only updated to 1.0.0, but it should still be compatible with 1.1.0, as it just takes the item id. Simply tells you who put what block where and when. I know we SHOULDN'T have a problem with griefing... but hey, we did.)

We also used Multiverse for a bit to set up portals between areas and have multiple worlds, but since we shouldn't really go too far on your server, that may or may not be a good idea. Maybe if we get TOO big, rather than loading more chunks than necessary by expanding the main world, you can use Multiverse to create a new world and have people stay relatively close on that one, too.
General_Nate
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: None because BFII is not working
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by General_Nate »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:Why do you need 109 different commands for a vanilla server?
Cause, I don't know, you can? :P

You get chat colors, and the ability to name cities. You get a fancy '/rules' command. You get the ability to PM other players. You get the ability to control the weather, which can be useful in stopping the lag creating rain. Players can use '/sethome' and '/home' commands to make travel to their houses easier. You get an essentials oriented permissions plugin in case you wanted to give a command to someone for some reason. Plus, you get to use the amazing '/ping' command, and watch as nothing happens! :O

It's up to you Gandalf, but I've found Essentials to be quite handy on my server. Even if you don't use it a lot, it's still nice to know you have it in case you need it. :)
DrakusFett
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by DrakusFett »

General_Nate wrote:
Twilight_Warrior wrote:Why do you need 109 different commands for a vanilla server?
Cause, I don't know, you can? :P

You get chat colors, and the ability to name cities. You get a fancy '/rules' command. You get the ability to PM other players. You get the ability to control the weather, which can be useful in stopping the lag creating rain. Players can use '/sethome' and '/home' commands to make travel to their houses easier. You get an essentials oriented permissions plugin in case you wanted to give a command to someone for some reason. Plus, you get to use the amazing '/ping' command, and watch as nothing happens! :O

It's up to you Gandalf, but I've found Essentials to be quite handy on my server. Even if you don't use it a lot, it's still nice to know you have it in case you need it. :)
I agree with nate. Anyways theres some fun commands to mess with the users. :maulsaber:
ps2owner
Corporal
Corporal

Post by ps2owner »

Sounds Awesome! I'll try and get on when I get my PC back.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I'm sick of my dad taking away my PC...
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

DrakusFett wrote:Anyways theres some fun commands to mess with the users. :maulsaber:
This is exactly my point. I find it LESS fun when the staff decides they just want to mess around with "all the cool things they can do". Shoot fireballs? Light players on fire at will? Holy hand grenade of Antioch? Nuke? Why?

Sure, I abused the /give system on the old server, but if I wasn't doing something administratively productive such as finding a griefer, or building something creative like the giant TIE fighter (everyone needs to take a break and go creative sometimes) or Multiverse portals, I was always legitimately playing Survival.

Too much fluff turns a Minecraft server into not-a-Minecraft server.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Post by CressAlbane »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:
DrakusFett wrote:Anyways theres some fun commands to mess with the users. :maulsaber:
This is exactly my point. I find it LESS fun when the staff decides they just want to mess around with "all the cool things they can do". Shoot fireballs? Light players on fire at will? Holy hand grenade of Antioch? Nuke? Why?

Sure, I abused the /give system on the old server, but if I wasn't doing something administratively productive such as finding a griefer, or building something creative like the giant TIE fighter (everyone needs to take a break and go creative sometimes) or Multiverse portals, I was always legitimately playing Survival.

Too much fluff turns a Minecraft server into not-a-Minecraft server.

Good point. I've also seen this kind of thing devolve into staff power abuse multiple times.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Yeah, if this is primarily going to be a survival server, don't bring all of these mods into the picture. I can understand things like private chests and /back, but when we start having random explosions going off and lightning constantly it kind of defeats the purpose. I mean, if you want the server to go creative, sure, go for all of the mods, but I'm not going to want to legitimately build things if I'm catching on fire and there are giant holes in areas where I'm trying to build.
Gandalf
Private First Class

Post by Gandalf »

Yup, I'm going to go with a few smaller plugins (one for /home, one for chest protection, one for area protection, and things like that). And I'll use MobDisguise to occasionally mess with the users. :D
Webster27
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: The Republic Commando Mod
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft

Post by Webster27 »

Sounds cool I might go on it later today. :D :)
RogueKnight
Space Ranger
Projects :: Life. Work.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends

Post by RogueKnight »

Soooo who's idea was it to put the main city sooo far away from spawn? In that case, can we at least get some sort of plugin so that we can tele back to our home/the city without having to book it down a poorly lit and laid out path at night getting shot at from all angles by skellys?
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Yeah I died there like three times today. Once trying to actually get there and two more trying to get my stuff back. It would be nice if we had /back, /home, and /tp. It's going to take a lot of time to fix that path up, maybe we should have a few creative mode people build it as fast as possible.

Also, more mod complaints. I was attempting to repair the holy hand grenade damage and the sand kept falling down because it incorrectly deleted some of the blocks. Please don't use those.
Gandalf
Private First Class

Post by Gandalf »

Ok, I'm going to try to get a /home plugin, and maybe a /warp plugin when I get home (I'm typing this from my grandmother's computer). Sorry about all the inconvenience. Everything should be running nicely soon. and then minecraft will update
I'll finish the path and light it up when I get home, too.
Again, sorry for the inconvenience. I'm still learning how to run a server. :runaway:
Webster27
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by Webster27 »

When I try to go on the server it always says "User is not premium" what does that mean ?
DrakusFett
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by DrakusFett »

Means your MC account is not recognized as being a payed for account.
Webster27
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer

Post by Webster27 »

So that means I can't join the server :(