Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

FragMe!
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff
Projects :: Not sure keep changing my mind.
Games I'm Playing :: F1 and SWBF
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront (2015)

Post by FragMe! »

From the small amount I have played I am liking it. Would like it better if you could use a joystick for flying, I am not coordinated enough to use a gamepad, not so much for flying
but the running around part. Plus unless I am missing something you can't switch between using the pad and using the keyboard without actually unplugging the pad.

A minor victory though I did manage to do a roll playing as Leia, well sort of was crouched and went to move against something and she performed a roll. Not too useful for getting
out of the way of anything though.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

TheMastermindOfMaom wrote:One thing that I dislike about the new Battlefront is that a lot of times the match will be filled with what I call ''explosive spamming''.
Again, I agree. While I like the idea of the blasters having unlimited ammo, the grenades definitely should have been limited.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class
Projects :: None.
xbox live or psn: #PCMasterRace

Post by TheMastermindOfMaom »

If EA did not push DICE to release this before The Force Awakens and gave them some time the new Battlefront would not get so much hate.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

TheMastermindOfMaom wrote:If EA did not push DICE to release this before The Force Awakens and gave them some time the new Battlefront would not get so much hate.
I'm sure I mentioned this before, but EA were not the only ones pushing for a pre-TFA release of this game. LucasFilm wanted it out too.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

Because....
money
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Show me a business that doesn't operate for money and I'll show you an honest politician.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

Can't think of one.

But Disney saw how quickly they will get the 4 billion back since Star Wars fans will get almost everything SW.

They even released Star Wars chips,fruits and vegetables which sold really well.

EDIT
Oh and another thing. Doesn't anyone of you guys think the Scan Pulse is like a wallhack? I mean what other game has this thing?
Anakin
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: RC Side Mod - Remastered - SWBF3 Legacy

Post by Anakin »

I haven't bought the new Battlefront yet. I just found this one on amazon: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B017A3Z ... 8XU9UYU5MY

And i wonder what is the day one edition?? never heard of it before. And why does the season pass cost 40€??? What is my profit of the season pass??
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

Basically the rest of the game.

Details:

4 epic expansion packs featuring brand new content set across the Star Wars™ galaxy including:
Over 20 new pieces of galactic tech including weapons, vehicles, and Star Cards for both Rebels and Imperials
4 more heroes and villains for you to fight as or against
16 additional multiplayer maps featuring new locations
4 exciting new game modes
Two-week early access to each expansion pack
Exclusive “Shoot First” emote

EDIT
Okay so look at this.

Standard Edition - Just the game and the free DLC
Deluxe Edition - Exclusive Emote,Instantly Unlock DL-44 and Ion Grenade,the free DLC
Ultimate Edition - All of the Standard and Deluxe Edition's contentplus the Season Pass which you get to play 2 weeks earlier and saves you 10 bucks.

DLC- 50 bucks
Game - 60 (70 if Deluxe Edition)
Ultimate Edition - 110 bucks

This is why I won't get Battlefront. Get half a game for 60 and pay 50 for the rest? Well,this is the world nowadays. Money,money,money,no fan satisfaction,money.
commanderawesome
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: Skin Changer - Warfront - Other stuff
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF SWTOR KotOR EaW
xbox live or psn: AaTc_CmdrAwesome

Post by commanderawesome »

The base game doesn't feel like half a game IMO. It has quite enough content on its own.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

It needs some Single Player stuff though :/
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

ggctuk wrote:Then what does "nobody cares about the old mechanics" equate to, exactly, may I ask? Because a lot of what I read aside from this comment makes me think that anybody 'defending' (an interesting term picked up off said aggregate sites if you like this game) the game is giving it 'undue' praise. How can I differentiate between what you meant when it's not all that far off what the users on aggregate sites are saying when they post 0s and 2s?

It's true: some of the old mechanics have gone (and I would add that as a detriment) such as being able to hop into any vehicle, or the class system. But for the most part, at its core, it's still a FPS/TPS in which your team's goal is to win. That hasn't changed from the first game. How they expand upon that has, and it's not surprising because we're talking different devs.

This game's more like the first game: a test bed for what works and what doesn't. I wouldn't be surprised if the next game brought back classes alongside the Star Cards system, and vehicles you can hop into.
I thought I was being respectful when I said I would disengage from the discussion. I will remove the offending posts. I have a lot of respect for you and it was never my goal to cause offense.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

BF2-Master wrote:
ggctuk wrote:Then what does "nobody cares about the old mechanics" equate to, exactly, may I ask? Because a lot of what I read aside from this comment makes me think that anybody 'defending' (an interesting term picked up off said aggregate sites if you like this game) the game is giving it 'undue' praise. How can I differentiate between what you meant when it's not all that far off what the users on aggregate sites are saying when they post 0s and 2s?

It's true: some of the old mechanics have gone (and I would add that as a detriment) such as being able to hop into any vehicle, or the class system. But for the most part, at its core, it's still a FPS/TPS in which your team's goal is to win. That hasn't changed from the first game. How they expand upon that has, and it's not surprising because we're talking different devs.

This game's more like the first game: a test bed for what works and what doesn't. I wouldn't be surprised if the next game brought back classes alongside the Star Cards system, and vehicles you can hop into.
I thought I was being respectful when I said I would disengage from the discussion. I will remove the offending posts. I have a lot of respect for you and it was never my goal to cause offense.
I didn't say you were being disrespectful, forgive my somewhat strong language. Online, I have a habit of comig across as being like somebody going after a fly with a bazzooka half the time. :oops: Part of what you said though did feed a little into what was said on the aggregate sites, I feel (though I have a feeling you would not rate it as a 0 just because you felt it wasn't true to the old games)

I don't advocate forcing opinions to change, I just think they need to be informed. A lot of what I read on the aggregate sites was indeed "this is made by EA, sucks automatically", or "not enough options 2 out of 10". Some of them come across as not even having played any form of the game.

I apologize for coming across too strong on this.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

FragMe! wrote:Plus unless I am missing something you can't switch between using the pad and using the keyboard without actually unplugging the pad..
You're missing something. I use a wired Xbox One controller for Fighter Squadron and KBM for all other modes. Once I tap a button or a direction on the Xbox controller, the game switches to that, then when I hit a key on the keyboard, it switches back to that.

Of course, I've never switched in the middle of battle (I don't like getting in fighters during Walker Assault/Supremacy, they go too fast to do any significant damage to ground units, and there's like MAYBE one person to dogfight at a time), I only switch in the menus, so maybe I'm missing something.
TheMastermindOfMaom
Private First Class

Opinion: DICE should add a new setting. We have Infantry and Vehicle Sensitivity. We NEED turret sensitivity too because some want it high on Fighters/Walkers and low on turrets.

This would be nice too (probably not happening),but adding turret sensitivity IMO is a must for some.
-Infantry Sensitivity
-Fighter Sensitivity
-Walker Sensitivity
-Turret Sensitivity
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

For those of you who have had a chance to play the game for a while now, how is the replay value? Does it get stale at all once you've ranked up and experienced all maps and game modes? That was my biggest concern from the beta - it was a lot of fun short term, but it didn't seem like it would keep me interested in the long run, even with the remaining content of the full game.

To be fair, stock SWBF2 had the same issue for me. Mods were the part that kept my interest going, because there was always new content (for free).
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

I think so. Once I hit level 15 I had most everything I wanted, so at this point I'm no longer grinding to level up, I'm just enjoying myself. I will admit it's a lot more fun with friends than it is on my own. But even without a partner, I get a kick out of the smaller game modes (drop pod, droid run, blast, heroes vs villains). Plus, DICE says we're getting more free content, not including the free Jakku DLC next week. Even without the season pass, the game's gonna get bigger.
Eggman
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: Battlefront Chronicles

Post by Eggman »

Hm, well maybe I'll get the game when it goes on sale at some point. I'll probably wait to see what content comes with some of the paid DLC. I'm not sure the base game would be worth $60 to me, but if there are some really cool additions through DLC, I might be willing to spend the ~$80-100 for the Premium version on sale. I did purchase Battlefield 4 Premium on release, and I absolutely felt like I got my money's worth from it, even with all the problems it's gone through.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Does anyone have any strong feelings on PC v PS4 for this one? (Keeping in mind that I have neither)
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Hmm... well, for obvious reasons (my laptop is 7 years old) I have no idea what the PC version is like. The reviewers have been kindest to the PS4 version, and having played that version, I have to say, it's fairly easy to play, even if I am a very good stromtrooper :lol:
Last edited by giftheck on Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.