A couple of new Marvel Comics inspired games!

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Joe-B-Wan

A couple of new Marvel Comics inspired games!

Post by Joe-B-Wan »

Hey everyone,

I've been seeing ads on TV for a couple of games that look pretty cool.

There's X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocolypse as well as a Spiderman vs. Venom one (not sure of the title)

Does anyone have any opinions on these?

Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: A couple of new Marvel Comics inspired games!

Post by Leviathan »

Spider-Man versus Venom ?! :D
I hope this game will be as good as the comics or the cartoon...
ThE_13tH_bAd_BoY

Re: A couple of new Marvel Comics inspired games!

Post by ThE_13tH_bAd_BoY »

Joe-B-Wan wrote:Hey everyone,

I've been seeing ads on TV for a couple of games that look pretty cool.

There's X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocolypse as well as a Spiderman vs. Venom one (not sure of the title)

Does anyone have any opinions on these?

The Spiderman vs. Venom is called Ultimate Spiderman. Its ok, but i like X-Men Ledgends 2 better. But i uninstalled em both cuz i needed more space.
Orix

RE: Re: A couple of new Marvel Comics inspired games!

Post by Orix »

I've played a little multi-player co-op with a friend on X-Men Legends 2. Its pretty cool, its basically like the first one but with brotherhood members on your team and more powers and a wider array of levels. I have X-Men Legends 1 on the Gamecube, love that game to bits!
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

Regarding "Ultimate Spider-Man", I think it's a pity that the two main characters do not look like to the ones in the TV-series of the 90's years... Any thought about that ?
Orix

Post by Orix »

I think its because they did their best to copy the comic book style of the "Ultimate Spiderman" series of comics...
Spiderman 2 seems to aim for a more realistic style on things though, and is said to be a better game (although not as visually interesting) in comparison to ultimate Spiderman.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

I didnt know anyone still have a Gay'm Cube.
Orix

Post by Orix »

...dude, they were only released like 2 years ago! I still have an N64 for pete's sake! It's not unnnnnatural to still have things that are over 2 years of age y'know :P. Although I'm sure you merely said that to slate the platform, badly.

I'd rather play on a Gamecube ove a X-crate or Phoney Greystation anyday :D. Although the same could never be said about my precious PCs... no matter what consoles are released, none can match the flexibility of the almighty personal computer, be it desktop or laptop.

Mainly because many of the decent games you can get for either of those two are also on the PC... or on the Gamecube, which usually displays them with better framerate and resolution (such as Soul Calibur 2 and Resident Evil 4).