Pokemon Black and White (Spoilers)

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Re: Pokemon Black and White

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

If you had to pick a ghost type, I recommend Chandelure, though Golurk is still very good. And Haxorus is definitely worth it.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I'm currently trying to Masuda Method a Zorua. Even though it's like 1/1000 as opposed to 1/8192, it's still way to low of a probability. Too bad it's not like Gen II where if you bred a Shiny with something else it would have a probability of 1/64. :P

Oh well, at least this way I can get a Shiny and try to get a High IV Zorua. So far I've found some pretty good Modest and Timid ones, but I'd really like to see some with a Special Attack stat of 7 or 8 to know if I have a really good one or not. The ones with a 4 are released instantly. :P

Also, it turns out the wild Litwick I found has a 30 Special Attack IV and is Modest. Go me.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Current team:
Munna Lv. 22
Tranquill Lv. 23
Blitzle Lv. 23
Pansear Lv. 23
Dewott Lv. 23
Sawk Lv. 23

I'm thinking of replacing Munna, as though it's good, it's extremely slow, though I did give it a Quick Claw. I'm tempted to replace Sawk, but it's so fast and powerful that I don't really think I should. Any suggestions?
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Give Munna a little bit more time, you should be getting a Moon Stone soon. If you aren't happy with Musharna, replace it with a Sandile or Sigilyph on the upcoming Route 4 or Desert Resort. Also you should be able to get a Fire Stone in Castelia's rightmost dock so you can evolve your Pansear into Simisear.

Still no shiny Zorua. I did find quite few cool Pokemon last night though, working on a competitive team.

Oh, and Shiny Steelix is amazing. I had a Shiny Onix in my Japanese Diamond and I traded it up last night.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

I've actually caught both. I'm already in Nimbasa City. And that Steelix looks awesome. :wink:
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Post by CressAlbane »

I ended up replacing Timburr with Sandile.
Now most of my team is in the low 30s, and I desperately need a new water type. I strongly dislike Panpour's second form, though I don't have a water stone yet. Another question: Should I replace lvl 37 Darmanitan with a Litwick? I've heard it has a good Sp.Atk.
I just beat the 5th Gym and am now terribly lost on Route 7.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

When I said there was a Fire Stone on Castelia's rightmost dock, I should have said it was a choice between Fire, Leaf, and Water Stone. If you really wanted Simipour you could get it there.

As for Route 7, if you've beaten Skyla go across the wooden ramp thing that's a few feet away from the male Ranger near Celestial Tower, it should bring you to another part of the route and to Twist Mountain.

Darmanitan or Chandelure is really your choice. Darmanitan has a really high Attack and Chandelure has a really high Special Attack. Pick what you think you'll need more in the future.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

About Darmanitan vs Litwick: Depends on the rest of your team. If you have a good special attacker already, stick with Darmanitan. Otherwise, Litwick is probably a better choice, especially since they both have base 145 in their offensive stat.
RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by RED51 »

Currently at Route 9. So far, the story is great, which has filled me with anticipation for the grand finale of the story...
Current Team:
lvl42 Fraxure
lvl41 Scrafty
lvl42 Samurott
lvl42 Victini
lvl45 Golurk
lvl46 Lilligant
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

So it turns out there's a random save file glitch that can occur. Not sure on the details, but if you ever only have the New Game option, restart the system (take out the cart if you want to as well) and reboot the game. It should be back. If not, you got a defective cart.

Kind of reminds me of my DS Lite, actually. It's always comforting to see an error message that says the save file cannot not be accessed and then have a error message while saving, "Unable to save." I know Deathrow lost his Heart Gold this way and someone else I know lost his Platinum, hopefully these things don't happen to anyone else.

Oh, and I was training Litwick when I finally realized that they changed the animation for Imprison from the Japanese version. It used to be a red "X" with a kanji in the center, now it's an actual seal.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by CressAlbane »

Hmm... any benefits to moving pokemon over to this generation?
I sort of like having all my pokemon on generation IV.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

I've decided to keep Munna after all. If it weren't for the trusty little guy, I'd still be stuck on the 4th gym. Hypnosis and Psybeam work wonders.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Hmm... any benefits to moving pokemon over to this generation?
I sort of like having all my pokemon on generation IV.
What I did was make eggs of all the Pokemon able to breed and sent those over once they hatched. I haven't decided what to do about the legendaries though. Also, at this rate, Gen 5 is much safer than Gen 4 in terms of save stability, as Gen 4 would just immediately start you on a new game. I really wouldn't worry though, just make sure the cart is securely in the DS and there's no dust or damage to the inside of the DS.

But yeah, I like to keep all of my teams in their respective games. My competitive Gen 3 guys are still in my Fire Red and my Battle Frontier guys are still going to be in Soul Silver, that way I can still actually do things in those games. Plus my Gen 5 competitive team is turning out quite nicely already. Can't wait to battle some of you guys in the near future.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Braviary: Serious Nature, Sheer Force ability, 252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP EVs
Chandelure: Modest Nature, Flash Fire ability, 252 Sp. Atk/152 Speed/100 HP EVs
Steelix: Sassy Nature, Rock Head ability, 252 Attack/252 Defense/4 HP EVs
Krookodile: Not Obtained Yet
Not Obtained, Have an idea
Not Obtained, Have an idea
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by CressAlbane »

Fusion wrote:Action Replay. There are easier ways, but I happen to be very skilled with making them look as legitimate as possible with a few of the right codes activated.
*suddenly does not want to battle Fusion*
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Can't update my AR to work with Gen 5, as the disc doesn't work with my computers, so I've stopped doing the whole "SUPER SERIOUS BATTLE WITH MAX IVS ONOMATOPOEIA FOR SHOUTING ANGRILY" for this generation.
I try to get a good Nature with a good Ability, and then I EV Train, but I've stopped making perfect tanks like I used to. That Braviary was just caught in the wild on a random night, and that Chandelure having a 30 Sp.Atk IV with a good nature was just a random stroke of good luck. :P

Although I would watch out if I use one of the Pokemon that was bred for Gen 5, there's a good chance it might have passed on some of the IVs from the hacked Pokemon.
RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by RED51 »

Just beat the game. It was awesome! Alas, the battles weren't too hard as I was hoping for... Perhaps I shouldn't have done that Audino massacre...
Final Team for Elite 4:
lvl50 Haxorus
lvl50 Scrafty
lvl50 Samurott
lvl50 Victini
lvl50 Golurk
lvl50 Lilligant~removed temporarily after the Elite 4 prior to the grand finale.
I'll most likely transfer any of my good Pokemon from my other games to White.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by CressAlbane »

I'm about to head for Victory Road/Route 10. Is this team decent enough?
Serperior lv.37
-Item: Big Root
Darmanitan lv.45
-Item: Amulet Coin
Seismitoad lv.38
-Item: None
Krookodile lv.40
-Item: None
Cryogonal lv.39
-Item: NeverMeltIce
Unfezant lv.41
-Item: Rock Helmet

I was also wondering where I can find strong Rock-type technical machines.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I would get everyone to level 50 before getting to the end of Victory Road.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Fusion wrote:I would get everyone to level 50 before getting to the end of Victory Road.
At least 45 should do, honestly. Also, you might want to make sure that Serperior has Giga Drain by the time you take on the E4, cuz if he does, he can absorb just about any hits that aren't super effective like a boss, especially with a big root. Also, I would strongly advise against taking an Unfezant against the E4, especially with a rock helmet. The rock helmet should be put on someone who can deal damage but take hits, such as a Scrafty or Seismitoad.
Speaking of Rocky Helmets and Scrafty, today I finally beat the last gym. I sent in Scrafty, who hi jump kicked her first two pokemon and got the Moxie boost, then he was about to get forced out by Haxorus and Dragon Tail, but he managed to get Haxorus into the reds and then Haxorus killed itself from the rocky helmet recoil, winning me the battle.
EDIT:
I'm currently planning my Competitive Team right now. You might hate it. :P
Hidden/Spoiler:
Ferrothorn, still planning.
Excadrill; Adamant, 4HP, 252Attack, 252 Speed
Dragonite; Adamant, 4 Attack, 252 Defense, 252 SpD. Will most likely change EV spread.
Escavalier; Adamant/Brave, 252 Attack, 126 Defense, 130 SpD.
Reuniclus (probably); Quiet, 252 SpA, 252 HP, 4Def or SpD. Will most likely change EV spread if I keep it.
None yet; Have idea.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

I captured Kyurem last night, it was quite a battle. With its unique typing I really can't wait to see what they do with it in Grey.