The "Free Game" Topic

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jediguy
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Re: The "Free Game" Topic

Post by Jediguy »

Rise and fall is a pretty decent game too. As an RTS, it's not that great but the naval combat is very fun, and so is hero mode. It's incredibly enjoyable to cut through legions of enemies with the heros in 3rd person, particularly when you're one of the Romans.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

(I tried to get people to download this earlier, but my efforts ultimately failed :P)

Cave Story

This game is so good. Personally, I feel that it rivals 2D Metroid and Castlevania in terms of Gameplay, and completely blows other games out of the water with it's storyline which actually seems well thought out, not just created as a last minute "wait, so why are these guys fighting us?" decision. Plus, there's three different endings, "I'm a Coward," "Yay, I killed *Spoilers!*," and "I'm a completest, deal with it, strange smiley man!"

Also, I was slightly amused that in the opening cutscene "The Doctor" looks a lot like Dr. Hibbert from the Simspons, and was devastated when I saw his character art box, which better shows his appearance.

There's something about a toaster that says "Huzzah!" a lot in their, but I'll just let you guys find out for yourselves

If you want to support Pixel, who is absolutely awesome for making this by the way, then you can always download the graphically updated game from WiiWare in a few months, I know I will. :P
theITfactor
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: The Pwnfest and Games Complex
Games I'm Playing :: SWTOR
xbox live or psn: You and I Know

Post by theITfactor »

I would recommend Combat Arms, good graphics and free :wink:

http://combatarms.nexon.net
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Jediguy
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by Jediguy »

Super Mario...with a level creator. That's right. :yes: :clone:
http://pouetpu.pbwiki.com/SMF_480X360
Nylad
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: probably beating on an arrangement of cylindrical objects with two wooden sticks.

Post by Nylad »

Jediguy wrote:Super Mario...with a level creator. That's right. :yes: :clone:
http://pouetpu.pbwiki.com/SMF_480X360
That's funny, I had already played that on a different site.
The physics are a bit off but in general a nice flash version of Super Mario. Also when you have a fire flower and you take damage you go straight to small form rather than normal size.

Of course that might only have been different from Super Mario 3, the only version I have really played.
Foefighter
Private Recruit

Post by Foefighter »

Here's 2 free games that have been posted before, but if you haven't gotten them yet, this is a reminder:

Combat Arms:
http://combatarms.nexon.net

America's Army:
http://www.americasarmy.com

and also some new ones (i think)

Tribal wars:
Really fun, boring at first, becomes very time consuming as you get stronger, it's an MMO Strategy Game
http://www.tribalwars.net

also, my friend got me hooked into this one recently, it's a 17th century time-period game about the sea, very similar to runescape, only no noobs, more realism, better graphics, and funner concepts
Voyage Century:
http://vc.igg.com/

^all of the above (exept Tribal Wars) are downloadable, and quite large, but i'd say they are definitly worth it...

and side-note: AA 3 is coming out soon! so excited! a few other games coming out too, but they aren't free, like America's Army
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

I have Rise and Fall as well and also had Florensia. Unfortunately, I got an error about every third time I played it that said something like "mapload failed ac_1" and the entire computer would freeze. Had to shut the thing down from the back and then restart. So Dad made me uninstall it :cry: .
I do still enjoy R&F though.
Kaos4
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Kaos4 »

Another quake 3 standalone mod. I played it. It was fun, but no one is online. It was released recently, like yesterday.
http://www.smokin-guns.net/viewtopic.php?t=1407
Delta 47
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: BioShock
xbox live or psn: Delta811

Post by Delta 47 »

Has anyone heard of Cross Fire? Its a new MMOFPS Army game and just started open beta, I've never heard of it until I saw it advertised on Xfire :P Anyway, I'm gonna download and try it out though I'm almost certain it won't run on my PC because it requires a GeForce 5600 graphics card or higher and I don't think my Intel(R) 945 GM Chipset can stand up to it but you never know, after all the graphics testing did say I couldn't run SWBF2 :o Well I guess its already done downloading since the time I started (1.5 MB/sec). The gameplay does look a lot better than Combat Arms though :wink:
Taivyx
2008 Best Games Related Avatar
Projects :: Terra Strife - discontinued
Games I'm Playing :: none

Post by Taivyx »

To be honest it looks more than a little like a Counter-Strike rip-off, despite the ingenious movie on their homepage.
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

@Taivyx - Only looks like that to me because of the knife, lol... Is the everything ingame actually look dark-greenish like in the video? I don't think I'd like that.
Kaos4
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Kaos4 »

This free star wars rts is looking pretty good:
http://www.imperialwinter.com/
RogueKnight
Space Ranger
Projects :: Life. Work.
Games I'm Playing :: League of Legends

Post by RogueKnight »

Runes of Magic is pretty good, its pretty much a WoW clone, but its free, and it has player housing. It was just pulled out of open beta last month, and I've been playing it since closed beta waaay back when. I actually prefer this over WoW mostly because of the player housing, and Guild castles are awesome.

www.runesofmagic.com
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

I just re-downloaded Florensia, if you read in my previous post, I had a bug, but a friend said he knows how to fix it, so keep your fingers crossed (if you care). Wow, that didn't make much sense. Anyway, what are some of your character's names, Delta47? Just curious.
Delta 47
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: BioShock
xbox live or psn: Delta811

Post by Delta 47 »

GangsterJawa wrote:Anyway, what are some of your character's names, Delta47? Just curious.
In Florensia? I actually quite playing it a while back because for one I needed the disk space and second I didn't have the time to play it. However, I'm thinking about re-downloading it because as schools winding down I'm getting more free-time and I just got an email from the Florensia Online Newsletter telling about some new features which has got me a little bit more interested in it. So I may re-download it. And I have no idea what my characters name is since I haven't played it in ages :P
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith

Post by GangsterJawa »

Delta 47 wrote:
GangsterJawa wrote:Anyway, what are some of your character's names, Delta47? Just curious.
In Florensia? I actually quite playing it a while back because for one I needed the disk space and second I didn't have the time to play it. However, I'm thinking about re-downloading it because as schools winding down I'm getting more free-time and I just got an email from the Florensia Online Newsletter telling about some new features which has got me a little bit more interested in it. So I may re-download it. And I have no idea what my characters name is since I haven't played it in ages :P
Alright, maybe I'll see you around once in a while.
Darth Revan
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Darth Revan »

Imperial Winter looks good
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

I downloaded Urban Terror, and that's what we play in Computer Science and Computer Engineering class now (instead of CounterStrike).
It's pretty sweet.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith

Post by GangsterJawa »

Found a free, no signup required browser based game called MyBrute, the link to my profile is here and you can create a character from it if you want. http://gangsterjawa.mybrute.com