The "Free Game" Topic

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: The "Free Game" Topic

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : Next time, Kyross, do not hesitate to exploit the numerous possibilities offered by Specialized Web-Sites like either "Jetable.org" or Kas-Group Incorporation© KasMail, as they both could help you to avoid receiving e-mails like those you are still getting from Funcom©... :wink:
BF2-Master
Captain
Captain

Post by BF2-Master »

At http://www.fridaythe13thforum.com/ in the Fan Art section there are two games Germaniac made (Jason's Rampage and Jason X)

Plus, I made this game based on the 1954 film.
http://www.savefile.com/projects.php?pid=468627
My brand new fan-game. Do NOT run into enemies, or you will lose a life. There is a single bug in the game's final level, so you will need to press Ignore twice. I am trying to fix it. Win the game and earn cheats.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : The least I can say is that the general Appearance of the Message-Board you directed us toward is way far from being able to convince its visitors into downloading the video-games it might propose, BF2-Master, and I guess a few GameToast members won't hesitate in requesting the exact Locations of those you mentioned, because of the obvious lack of Organization of the concerned Forums...
Furthermore, next time, do not forget to look at the spelling of the web-addresses you might insert inside your upcoming messages, as this thread has been generated for "convenience" reasons above all... :wink:
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

Leviathan wrote:and I guess a few GameToast members won't hesitate in requesting the exact Locations of those you mentioned
Like me, for example. :D
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : Alright, I have to admit that the Message-Board mentioned by BF2-Master nevertheless owns a certain Organization which has helped me in order to locate the video-games he talked about earlier, and I assume the following ones must fit the Descriptions he made of them inside his previous message, while wondering how I may have succeeded in finding out these Programs without the ability of calling and exploiting the local "Search" feature :
Dan2435

Post by Dan2435 »

Search Madness Combat.
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

http://www.acid-play.com

So more good free games...for the most part...
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Alright, as this thread seems to be much more consulted than during the past months, I assume that sharing other Informations and Resources with the whole GameToast Community might be worth a try, while reminding to members willing to provide web-addresses referring to either Adobe Systems Incorporated® Flash® or Shockwave® Games that such contents might not meet the original Criteria imposed by this topic, which was primarily intended to gather replies dealing with Stand-Alone ones.
Furthermore, in order to return to the main Objective dealt with this thread, then I would advise you to try out the following video-game :
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

I forgot the link, but "The Ship" was a Half-Life mod that turned into a stand-alone game with both single and multiplayer.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : I assume that you were basically thinking to this Location while you were talking about the Valve Software® Source Engine-based Modification called "The Ship", which has appeared as not being that "Free", Raptor', and that's why I am wondering whether such a content should have been shared thanks to this thread, as it must be ordered and executed using Steam©... :roll:
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

Eh, crap. Sorry.
xwingguy

Post by xwingguy »

I can't believe no one has put this one up.

Halo Trial
http://halo2.filefront.com/file/Halo_Trial;24270

Suprisingly, the Halo trial has an extremely active multiplayer online. It even has mods that you don't even have to download. Just join the modded server!
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : Maybe you apparently mistook about the Half-Life 2 Modification named "The Ship", but you do not have to be that "Sorry" because of it, Raptor', as I have noticed a consequent Amount of Additional Contents conceived for this same Valve Sofware© Product have been developped and released since its first Sales, including a few ones willing to become sort of "Stand Alone" video-games - As already considered and planned by the Authors of either "Front Line Force" or even "Day of Defeat" -, but eventually, visibly none of these Designs have succeeded in being freely proposed to their Possible Acquirers...
yoyam

Post by yoyam »

Anyone play Silkroad Online? Its a free MMO that I downloaded outta sheer boredem a while ago and I was pleasantly suprised at how fun and how nice the game looks.
Another free game that could be fun thats coming out is Hero Online, supposedly its pretty fun,but its in Beta for now but it come out on July 31.
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

I'm keeping my eye on TA Spring, which is basicly a recreation of Total Annihilation. Moddable, too. :) Even though I have TA, I'll still be trying this. lol

Check out the WikiPedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TA_Spring
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life

Post by DeathRow »

Offtopic: Is anyone on the Halo Trial anymore? If there is no players, I wont D/L
xwingguy

Post by xwingguy »

DarthDeathRow wrote:Offtopic: Is anyone on the Halo Trial anymore? If there is no players, I wont D/L
You can be the judge lol. It's more active than swbf II believe it or not.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b177/ ... ot0226.jpg
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

Considering how SWBF II Multiplayer is a lagfest for most (like me), I'm not surprised. But, dude, if you like the trial to Halo, go ahead and buy the game. Seriously. In the full version of Halo, you'll come across pack Blood Gulch servers with nothing but rocket launchers/heavy weapons and full vehicles, especially tanks. You don't know fast-paced pandimonium until you've played and hour-long game on one of those servers. Wow.

Oh, and old-school gamers should check this out: an almost exact replica of the original Legend of Zelda:
http://www.zeldaclassic.com
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Off-topic : Generally, I am referring to the Official or Supporting Locations affiliated to Resources I might want to talk about rather than web-sites only serving as sort of Third-party Servers basically directing their Visitors towards supplementary Places, and for that reason, I have preferred editing your above message in order to apply the concerned Modification, while hoping you won't mind too much this fast-paced Decision and the fact I have not requested your Approval before proceeding to it...
xwingguy

Post by xwingguy »

Raptor522 wrote:. Seriously. In the full version of Halo, you'll come across pack Blood Gulch servers with nothing but rocket launchers/heavy weapons and full vehicles, especially tanks. You don't know fast-paced pandimonium until you've played and hour-long game on one of those servers. Wow.
People have modded that stuff into the trial version. The only thing they can't seem to mod in is a new map.

Scorpions, ghosts, the works. Rockets only, snipers only, starting out with no guns whatsoever, they've done it. Including the insanity of the cliff mod.