Video Game Awards 2010

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Video Game Awards 2010

Post by Teancum »

Wow - so Thor looks like the best looking PS2 game.... ever! :lol:
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:So Bioware just beat out Bungie at studio. I'm predicting ME2 is gonna take home just about everything. And it deserves it.
Nooooo.... Bungie totally should won. I'm still hoping for either Black Ops or Reach to win.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Holy cow, these VGAs are TERRIBLE! And I'm not talking about the awards. The writers should be fired. And the general flow and choices for what trailers to show, how to set them up, etc. Its all AWFUL. Oh, and on top of that the fact that either the nominee I like hasn't won, or some out of the blue nominee won. Neal Patrick Harris as Best Voice Actor? Every other nominee was better, and I like NPH as an actor.

I wouldn't be watching this if it wasn't for premier trailers.
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

I've read on the Black Ops facebook page that it won the Best Shooter of the Year award (which I wasn't surprised). I'm still waiting to hear from Bungie.

And was there any word about SWBF3?
Thire
Major
Major
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Thire »

Lucas Arts was a no-show with anything, and I'm very happy that Red Dead got game of the year. However I was a bit peeved that Red Dead's John Marston was beat out by the lifeless Sgt. Woods from Black Ops in the Best Character award. Marston was just so much more than Woods... But at least Black Ops didn't take Game of the Year from Red Dead.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Sooooo... I liked the part where they didn't mention half of the awards. These awards sucked so much, holy crap. :|
EDIT: Wait, forgot about the ME3 trailer, the VGAs weren't a total drag this year.
Last edited by Fluffy_the_ic on Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

Thire wrote:Lucas Arts was a no-show with anything, and I'm very happy that Red Dead got game of the year.
Wait, so LucasArts showed nothing new at the event?
Thire wrote:But at least Black Ops didn't take Game of the Year from Red Dead.
Grr... I was sooo looking forward to Black Ops winning Game of the Year.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Wow, these awards, what a joke. RDR shouldn't have won anything due to the massive contradictions in gameplay and narrative. You can't make me believe John Marston is a sobbing changed man after I hogtie some townspeople to traintracks. The gameplay and story are a massive contradicion, that couldve easily been fixed by making Marston a conflicted man, who wants to settle down but still feels older urges.

Sgt. Woods? WHO???? How about Ethan Mars or Norman?

Best Soundtrack.... Just wow. I get that it's a music game, but maybe include a game that doesn't NEED a soundtrack to play but does it beautifully anyways? SMG2 or Halo: reach would be miles better.

Best shooter? Black Ops, while innovative in customization, didn't offer nearly as much as a shooter as Reach did.

And these are just the GAME problems. The show itself was embarassing.
Thire
Major
Major

Post by Thire »

Grev wrote:
Best Soundtrack.... Just wow. I get that it's a music game, but maybe include a game that doesn't NEED a soundtrack to play but does it beautifully anyways? SMG2 or Halo: reach would be miles better.

Actually that's why there were two different categories. Best soundtrack was for music genre games. Best original score was for the games like Halo, and Mario Galaxy.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

Thire wrote:
Grev wrote:

Actually that's why there were two different categories. Best soundtrack was for music genre games. Best original score was for the games like Halo, and Mario Galaxy.
Ah, thank you for clarifying that.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny and FIFA
xbox live or psn: TH3 R0LL3R

Post by SilvaDalek »

ME2 won 2 awards, it didn't deserve any...

I'm happy how well RDR and Black Ops did, but Reach should have gotten a couple more awards.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

THE VGA's SUCKED THIS YEAR, cept for the uncharted 3 trailer.
FAIL
NOTHING FROM LUCASARTS :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:
i was very dispointed
Nova Hawk
Banned

Post by Nova Hawk »

I wasn't that disappointed cuz I didn't know anything about LA going to announce anything about BF3 until it was like over so I didn't get my hopes crushed... not entirely, that is.
commandoCC-9811
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Games I'm Playing :: Games. Mostly games.

Post by commandoCC-9811 »

I was absolutely stunned that LucasArts didn't show, basically, ANYTHING at VGA!

Besides a comment on Youtube about the guy posting getting fired from Sparks Unlimited and talking about SWBF3 coming out Spring 2011, thats about all I have to stand on about SWBF3...
:runaway: :sick:
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

50.00 says it'll be at least a year before you hear anything at all about SWBF3.
negah
Corporal
Corporal

Post by negah »

SilvaDalek wrote:ME2 won 2 awards, it didn't deserve any...
It is your opinion. Dont forget that if you dont like something it is not automatically bad. I see how hordes of people are excited about Black Ops or Medal of Honor while in my opinion both games arent worth my time and money. I dont mean they are bad, I just mean that I dont like them at all.
My personal favorites of 2010 are Mass Effect 2, ArmA II - Operation Arrowhead and StarCraft 2.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

negah wrote:
It is your opinion. Dont forget that if you dont like something it is not automatically bad. I see how hordes of people are excited about Black Ops or Medal of Honor while in my opinion both games arent worth my time and money. I dont mean they are bad, I just mean that I dont like them at all.
My personal favorites of 2010 are Mass Effect 2, ArmA II - Operation Arrowhead and StarCraft 2.
You're right, I should have used "a mon avi" (in my opinion).

I looked at the Yahoo game awards and those are pretty good. Black Ops didn't win anything lol
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Grev »

SilvaDalek wrote:
negah wrote:

I looked at the Yahoo game awards and those are pretty good. Black Ops didn't win anything lol
It's "a mon avis" as far as I know. And nobody was excited for Medal of Honor.... except for me... :(
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith

Post by SilvaDalek »

Grev wrote:
SilvaDalek wrote:
negah wrote:

It's "a mon avis" as far as I know. And nobody was excited for Medal of Honor.... except for me... :(
You're probably right, I haven't been forced to write any french in ages.

And BFBC2 had just come out, then Black Ops, I mean, a third modern FPS had no chance. Then there was Halo as yet another FPS. MoH got trashed by critics so I didn't even bother to buy it.