Just got a Xbox 360s

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

VF501
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Projects :: Various Stuff- Weapon models. UDK Stuff
Games I'm Playing :: Fallout New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Vintage Tagious

Just got a Xbox 360s

Post by VF501 »

Got a Xbox 360s 4GB.

LIVE ID: DSA QueSera

Add me if you want to.

Will be adding a 250GB harddrive soon (not one of MS overpriced ones!!!)
Will be getting Halo:Reach, because I really want to mess with Forge World
I already have Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

But now just for the lolz
Grainy Cell phone pic, but I hooked up a Sony PSP with a spare 4GB memory stick in it to the 360 as storage.
Yes that is a Xbox with a PSP connected to it. Yes it is downloading Borderlands.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Just got a Xbox 360s

Post by Teancum »

If you got one of the "slim" 360s I think the hard drive is internal, meaning you can't add a 250gb hard drive. You can, however, buy a USB hub along with multiple 16GB flash drives.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Teancum wrote:If you got one of the "slim" 360s I think the hard drive is internal, meaning you can't add a 250gb hard drive. You can, however, buy a USB hub along with multiple 16GB flash drives.
I recently discovered, however, that if anything requires an "Xbox 360 Hard Drive Disk," (such as original Xbox games or some of the XBLA downloads) you can't use either the 4GB of internal memory OR whatever multitude of flash drives you have to compensate. You CAN however go out and buy a 250GB internal harddrive (theres a way to pop open the hard drive cover really easily, its a little latch on the bottom vent, just turn your Xbox on its side and its on the right near the back) but you're not going to find one for less than what Microsoft retails it at. Theyr'e the only ones with internal harddrives that will fit and they designed it so you can't use an old external harddrive.

Looks like I'm adding an expensive Microsoft hard drive to my Christmas List.
VF501
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Projects :: Various Stuff- Weapon models. UDK Stuff
Games I'm Playing :: Fallout New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Vintage Tagious

Post by VF501 »

Teancum wrote:If you got one of the "slim" 360s I think the hard drive is internal, meaning you can't add a 250gb hard drive. You can, however, buy a USB hub along with multiple 16GB flash drives.
Hard Drive bay is on the bottom of the Xbox and is accessed from a removable panel.
The Hard Drives are standard Laptop SATA hard drives in custom enclosures and are flashed with custom firmware to be ID'd by the xbox.

However you can reflash certain Western Digital hard drives with the xbox firmware to be used with an xbox.

http://digiex.net/guides-reviews/consol ... -slim.html