Epic Gaming Moments

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Fierfek
High General
High General
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: Somewhere in the Galaxy (Most Likely Scrapping Tinnies)

Epic Gaming Moments

Post by Fierfek »

I think there was a topic about this like a year ago...... I can't remember.

Anyway, share some moments you've had gaming that just blew you away. One of the most memorable for me was when I was playing Tantive IV in campaign, and I was trying to find Prinecss Leia at the end. I was the engineer with a flechette shotgun, and I was the last reinforcement. I knew one of my allies would get killed soon, so I knew I had little time left. I finally found Leia, and began firing my shotgun at her. We had an amazing duel in about 3 seconds, then we literally both shot at the same time and BOTH DIED AT THE EXACT SAME MOMENT :P The announcer goes "Our reinforcements have run out. The day is ours!"

It was extremely tense :P Anything like this for anyone else?
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Re: Epic Gaming Moments

Post by Nova Hawk »

GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Nova Hawk wrote:This is my hologram Win.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileD ... er=Jhawk40
See, if people could actually see that, it would be cool.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

GangsterJawa wrote:

Ah, it doesn't work for you either?
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

You have to render it using your minutes for it to work outside of the Xbox.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny and FIFA
xbox live or psn: TH3 R0LL3R

Post by SilvaDalek »

Nova Hawk wrote:
GangsterJawa wrote:

Ah, it doesn't work for you either?
I rendered it for you in HD, should be up soon.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Can't say I've had really any epic moments recently, though I was able to make progress on the "Makin' Bacon" achievement in TF2 (requires you to kill a total of 50 Heavies with the Pyro's flamethrower). Started out with 7 Heavy kills already, and went up to 35 by the end of the match, though honestly, the opposing team made it too easy.
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

That was awesome, stealth kills are the best. I've never seen stealth used like that before though. Bungie have some innovative ideas.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Jendo7 wrote:

That was awesome, stealth kills are the best. I've never seen stealth used like that before though. Bungie have some innovative ideas.
That was actually the hologram... :|

:P

That was pretty sick though, now that I can see it.
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

Just took out 2 AT-AT's with a hijacked AT-ST in DT2 Hoth Conquest. :D
Dakota
Field Commander
Field Commander
Projects :: making random weapon assets
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 and more
xbox live or psn: PS3 beats xbox

Post by Dakota »

i went in a match all vs me (about 4 on one) and won i got all awards it happened with me using a trooper and getting the award rifle then the people said that i was too good so i used the pistol only then i got the award pistol so then they continued losing and eventually i had to go for some reason and ended the server without getting killed once
Hidden/Spoiler:
IT ROCKED
stormie for the win :stormie: :clone: :stormie:
negah
Corporal
Corporal

Post by negah »

Had a sniper duel with a friend of mine on CoD4:MW Block map. Was pretty awesome, especially when I was able to snipe him and not vice versa :P
Oh and our claymores were driving both of us insane, not only is it a pretty ugly way to loose, but if you survive the enemy will now where you are.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Got a Heroic Victory in Rome: Total War. I was the Julii against the Brutii, and had one of their towns under siege. They outnumbered me almost two to one, and when they sallied forth, I was able to pretty much eliminate half their army at the front gate, at the cost of a sizeable chunk of mine. Eventually held the town square after holding off units attacking my weakened army. The end result was me causing almost all of their remaining units to rout.
Dakota
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Dakota »

on "Lord of The Rings: Rise of The Witch King" i was on multiplayer vs my brother and used my hero vs his army. he had about 5 groups of 25 people and i took out all of them with one move (it was the earthquake one.) Then i walked my hero in to his base and finished him.

almost as good as the time i got my hero to charge in to Minis Morgul (think i spelled something wrong) and then took down the main tower after busting through 2 walls.
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny and FIFA
xbox live or psn: TH3 R0LL3R

Post by SilvaDalek »

negah wrote:Had a sniper duel with a friend of mine on CoD4:MW Block map. Was pretty awesome, especially when I was able to snipe him and not vice versa :P
Oh and our claymores were driving both of us insane, not only is it a pretty ugly way to loose, but if you survive the enemy will now where you are.
Almost as epic as shotguns only
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith

Post by GangsterJawa »

Why I love strategy games: Me and my brother were playing together against 4 unaligned enemy nations on Rise Of Nations. About an hour in, we're both in the Modern Age when we're informed that Pericles has reached the Gunpowder Age. Incidentally, his units were still not up to even THAT technology level, and he was throwing archers and lancers at our tanks and assault infantry.
Dakota
Field Commander
Field Commander

Post by Dakota »

GangsterJawa wrote:Why I love strategy games: Me and my brother were playing together against 4 unaligned enemy nations on Rise Of Nations. About an hour in, we're both in the Modern Age when we're informed that Pericles has reached the Gunpowder Age. Incidentally, his units were still not up to even THAT technology level, and he was throwing archers and lancers at our tanks and assault infantry.
that is why i love that game u can have wars like sword vs gun so fun
Ninja
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Ghostmark

Post by Ninja »

I'll probably never forget this: On a domination match in MAG (full 256 players) my team leader starts talking about some kind of dream he had about MAG the night before (I started laughing when I heard him) and he tells us to listen when there's ten minutes left in the game. My team (we were defense) was completely destroying the other team the first 20 minutes, with them being pushed back all the way to their spawn points.

With 10:00 left to go, he orders a mass suicide and by 9:00 about 110 out of 128 players on my team respawn in the middle of the map (which is a + shape) and he orders everyone to go down the north branch. (each team is separated into 4 platoons with one on each branch of the +) So 3 of their platoons are suddenly faced with and empty map, and one of their platoons is now outnumbered 4 to 1.

My whole team surges from the center base down the branch, over a train and swarming over their tanks. My team's leader was standing on one of their tanks and jumped off just before it was blown apart by assault rifles and sub machine guns. It was funny hear stuff like "what the hell!" over and over for their team on voice chat. At the very end, all 110 players unloaded their weapons in to the sky, creating a kind of fireworks display. Needless to say, it was a pretty satisfying victory for how easy it was.

Now that I think about it, almost more weird than epic. Trust me, you had to be there.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith

Post by GangsterJawa »

I was playing as Caitlyn, a sniper, on (my favorite game) League of Legends. Her ultimate ability, Ace in the Hole, is a sniper shot which she charges for one second to deal massive damage to the target. The one drawback is, if another enemy player stands in the way, they take the damage instead. So I took aim at an enemy ninja, who was definitely gonna die if I hit him, but I was a bit worried it wouldn't work because there was a certain vampire at full health between me and him. I take the shot... and the vampire neatly steps out of the way and I get a kill.

I know nobody else cares... but it's an awesome game.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

GangsterJawa wrote:I was playing as Caitlyn, a sniper, on (my favorite game) League of Legends. Her ultimate ability, Ace in the Hole, is a sniper shot which she charges for one second to deal massive damage to the target. The one drawback is, if another enemy player stands in the way, they take the damage instead. So I took aim at an enemy ninja, who was definitely gonna die if I hit him, but I was a bit worried it wouldn't work because there was a certain vampire at full health between me and him. I take the shot... and the vampire neatly steps out of the way and I get a kill.

I know nobody else cares... but it's an awesome game.
That....was both very lucky and very cool. :wink: