Battlefield 3 Discussion [Finally RELEASED!]

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Re: Finally, Battlefield 3

Post by ANDEWEGET »

In Game Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi2tae2P ... r_embedded

Screens:
http://www.battlefield-inside.de/?p=2622

Looks Diet Dr. Pepper amazing! Just the look of the video feels... more serious and more back to soldier sim than the recent BFs. Definitely preorder as soon as its on Steam!
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

My god. I want to know the specs needed to run this. That looks absolutely stunning.
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

That looked pretty photo-realistic. Amazing!
Darth_Spiderpig
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Something cool...
Games I'm Playing :: BF2 CoDBO BFBC2
xbox live or psn: Has no xbox....Yup

Post by Darth_Spiderpig »

Now that's how it's supposed to be, these ingame graphics were absolutely overwhelming.

Can't wait for this fall!Image
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Now I really want to know the specs. That just looks amazing. I can't even imagine what it would actually sound like. Lighting was impressive.

Other note it looks like Strike at Karkand, Gulf of Oman, Sharqi Peninsula, and Wake Island are the maps. I'm very excited about that. Good choice of maps. Tons of great memories and fun on those maps.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

I showed this to my friend and he asked if this was real life. That's possibly the best looking game I've ever seen, and I agree with Target, I really want to see the specs, cuz the XBox won't look that good. :P
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Holy Cranberry Sierra Mist... That is DEFINITELY the most realistic looking game I've ever seen...
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:I showed this to my friend and he asked if this was real life. That's possibly the best looking game I've ever seen, and I agree with Target, I really want to see the specs, cuz the XBox won't look that good. :P
Ha. Same. Showed it to my friends, their jaws just dropped. It's quite a landmark that the frostbite engine can do that. Bad Company 2 looks amazing, still does, but didn't have this sense of realism. I thought some of it was actually real. Just impressive. DICE's decision to use ANT was a very smart move.

Supposedly DICE said they're running the pre-alpha on hardware out on the market now. So that's a good sign. I think. They are still going to optimize it and hopefully make the Frostbite engine not as much of a resource hog.
GangsterJawa wrote:Holy Cranberry Sierra Mist... That is DEFINITELY the most realistic looking game I've ever seen...
I would say ever, but I highly agree. Definitely rivals Crysis.
Nova Hawk
Banned
Games I'm Playing :: MW3 BF3

Post by Nova Hawk »

GangsterJawa wrote:Holy Cranberry Sierra Mist... That is DEFINITELY the most realistic looking game I've ever seen...
I agree with Target, I wouldn't say "ever" cuz Black Ops was pretty realistic but ya, this definitely comes in second.

This game does look really good, though. Can't wait to get it!
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Nova Hawk wrote:
I agree with Target, I would definitely say "ever" cuz Black Ops was pretty mediocre all around, this definitely comes out on top.

Can't wait to get it!
Fixed. :P
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Grev wrote:
Nova Hawk wrote:
I agree with Target, I would definitely say "ever" cuz Black Ops was pretty mediocre all around, this definitely comes out on top.

Can't wait to get it!
Fixed. :P
Haha. While I like the fix. I removed ever because we all know graphics will continue to improve.

EDIT: Also I don't mind discussing graphics as long as it's on topic here. If not we can move to a new thread. Blops's graphics were good, but not great. They felt so plastered on. Not lived in or realistic. Almost too perfect and focused on detail in a different way. BF3's graphics are way better than Blops. It looks like a living world. And the ANT technology making the characters move even more realistically just amplifies that.
ACEwithSPADES
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Alzoc 3
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2 MW2
xbox live or psn: xundyingxace

Post by ACEwithSPADES »

I completely agree, and about the blops graphics (i have for xbox) i didn't see much improvement from MW2 with the guns in first person (they just seem less detalied to me) but everything else was much better graphics wise (OMG they took out quickscoping dang it) btw i run around with l96 now :P but the graphics look really nice in battlefield 3 (3arc just got owned :D )
ecko_66
Private First Class
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by ecko_66 »

Now the question is, is the frostbite 2 engine moddeable? Great mod teams like project reality turned away from BF:BC1+2 because frostbite 1.0 wasn't SDK ready. It would be a shame if 2.0 is the same...
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

It won't be right at the game's release, but it's DICE's goal to eventually.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

ecko_66 wrote:Now the question is, is the frostbite 2 engine moddeable? Great mod teams like project reality turned away from BF:BC1+2 because frostbite 1.0 wasn't SDK ready. It would be a shame if 2.0 is the same...
Ya like Fluffy said they hope to. I remember dice commenting on mod tools and frostbite, saying that it is a very complex engine and they want something people caxn handle. If anything they release a map maker i remember reading. Knowing the mods community, they'll learn how to use the engine no matter what. May take some time but eventually we know its secrets.

I do hope they release something to play around with.
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

:shock: Whoah. That looked awesome.
Lephenix

Post by Lephenix »

OMG , imagine a battlefront with that quality :shock: .
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

I love that video. Just amazing. I read in Game Informer about the earthquake section, but seeing it. WOW. I'd be very excited if during a multiplayer map an earthquake happens. That'd shake things up a bit.
Lephenix_dor wrote:OMG , imagine a battlefront with that quality :shock: .
Yes please. After you stated that, I'm really hoping DICE delivers on mod tools.