The Smithsonian Video Game Exhibit

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

The Smithsonian Video Game Exhibit

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

So the Smithsonian is doing a new art exhibit, "The Art of Video Games." They're simply picking from the most revolutionary games of what they see as the 5 eras of gaming, and you can vote for what games they'll have at the exhibit right here: Click! You have to sign up with your email address and you can't change your votes, they have a pretty large list of games to choose from. Just remember to vote for ET.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Re: The Smithsonian Video Game Exhibit

Post by GangsterJawa »

I'll be one of a dedicated few voting for Donkey Kong Country. The art, music, and overall gameplay were staggering for a game that came out in '94.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

Voted for some obvious ones, like TIE Fighter and Ocarina of Time. Picked HL2 over Portal.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Some categories were very tough and all the titles selected deserved to be shown off. I know I'll be going to see it when it opens. Maybe not the day of, but I plan it. Since I'm in the area.