Americas Army

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Precise_Moon
Space Ranger
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefield 3
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Americas Army

Post by Precise_Moon »

America's Army: Special Forces
The original version of America's Army, released in 2002, was a better-than-average online multiplayer shooter. But what set it apart from the legion of other Counter-Strike clones were its impressive visuals (powered by the Unreal graphics engine) and its price--or lack thereof. Unlike all the other games on this list that began as commercial ventures, America's Army was always intended as a giveaway. That's because it's an unapologetic recruiting tool for the real U.S. Army, which paid for its development. While it's unclear how many people the game has converted into real-life soldiers, the game itself continues to rank among the top 10 online shooters, thanks in part to frequent updates; it's currently up to version 2.5. Just make sure your rig meets the somewhat formidable system requirements before you download the nearly 900MB installation file.

Does any other members play this.It's a 1hour 30 min DL for those who have not tried it.So how about we share tips and tactics and Anwsers for Special Forces trainingThis is a great team playing game but the only thing been you have to play it lots to get good.So would be good to try out a [GT] faction in combat.I'm a utter novice at A'sA so would be good to play against others of same experience.I know SWBFII is going to win out to this among [GT] but well worth a try for those who have not...

http://WWW.AMERICASARMY.COM IT'S FREE
Talibanman

RE: Americas Army

Post by Talibanman »

so i am not only one who hasn't completed the part two of special training :)
Precise_Moon
Space Ranger

Post by Precise_Moon »

Ah well heres a tip for the Sf class room questions
1 BBC
2 AAA
3 ADC
4 ADB
5 BAB
THIS SHOULD GIVE YOU 80% AND A PASS!!
Now any tips on Escape and Evasion,i keep getting caught!!
Talibanman

Post by Talibanman »

took answers for the classroom from gamefaqs a long ago, but i'm stuck in escape and evasion.
thanks anyway :D
Blackcurrent

Post by Blackcurrent »

This game pwns, an the training isn't that har, i just haven't completed the SF training
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by Leviathan »

I've already heard that once you've killed one of your "seniors in rank", you're imprisoned and cannot escape from your cell, even though you try to load previous saves... Is that right ? :?
PaNzErgsp

Post by PaNzErgsp »

This Game Pwns All! If you look at my Xfire account:

The majority of the time i play games its playing that game! I have completed every training, but have no idea how I did E&E.

My honor is 39 and I have a Frag Rate of 1.09

I personally think that this is just as good a game if not better than SWBF 1 and 2, because of its impressive visuals and realistic physics and health.

EDIT- I have found a walkthrough for E&E:

Taken from http://www.room362.com/pages/aa.html
SF E & E (escape and evasion)

Background:
This is by far the hardest training mission if you don't know where to go. You are dropped off at night and have to navigate 3 way points without being detected. There is really only one path through the camp, and if spotted you have to go back to the last waypoint you reached. Luckily, the mission is not timed.

Objectives:
-Reach waypoint A without being spotted
-Reach waypoint B without being spotted
-Reach waypoint C without being spotted
-Honk truck horn to be extracted.

Objective A:

This is a very long mission, so be sure you can set aside a large chunk of time to complete it. The helicopter instructor gives you a few tips as you make your way through the camp to the insertion point. Once you drop down, go prone. Throughout this mission, you should always stay prone to avoid being spotted. Looking South. you will see a man sitting in a little hut with a lamp on the table. He's only an instructor, so don't worry about being spotted by him.
Head west until you hit the rock wall, then turn south. Go through the little trees (don't worry about the noise made by the leaves) and you should see a guard SE on the top of the ravine. Here the road splits into branches headed W and SW. Stick with the west road. You should come to a tree on the other side of the ravine and a bright light through the branches. Keep going west through the next set of trees.
You should now come on a west heading to the ravine wall on your left and a large boulder on your right. There is a small gap between the two you can squeeze through. Once in the trees you should have a pretty good view of the camp to the NW. When you hit the next set of trees look up the ravine wall (south). Your instructor told you to stay on the ground but we'll break the rule for a moment. Head south up the ravine wall. To the SW you should see a guard tower and a bridge. Stay on the left side of the little valley you are in. When the valley opens up you should see a guard near the trees on a west heading. Head down the mountain and go towards the bridge. You will reach Checkpoint A just before you get to the bridge.

Objective B:

You are now facing the bridge. Head right down the ravine. Once at the bottom head west until you hit a large rock. Go around the rock and up the hill until you end up in a clump of bushes. You should be on the other side of the bridge with Objective A behind you. The guard tower on your left will be shining a searchlight on the road in front of you. Hug the side of the mountain and head west until you reach the next clump of trees. Keep going west until you reach a fork in the road. One heads NW and the other SW. Take the SW branch and follow it until you see another guard tower south of you. Now you have the choice of either going straight up the hill (S) or following the ravine (SE). Follow the ravine SE until it curves south. You should now see a path up the hill and the ravine staying roughly south with a bunch of trees in it. Go as slow as you can and stay in the ravine. Head towards the trees. Go very slowly and follow the ravine until you can see a large hill in front of you with some very large trees. You are almost there. Stay in the middle of the ravine and heads towards Objective B on your compass. You are getting very close to it when you can start to see a guard tower light off to the SW.

Objective C:
Head SW towards the large guard tower. Now comes the toughest part of the E & E training. You should see two large boulders with a tree in the middle. Crawl slowly towards the first boulder. You should be able to almost get to the tree before the guard tower can see you. Also note the guard on the far ridge due west of your position. Now the guard tower light has 5 positions: a little past the far rock, the far rock, the tree, the rock next to you, and a little behind the rock next to you. Wait for the light to go behind the rock next to you and crawl quickly past the tree and far boulder. The should be a tree next to the far boulder you can safely hide in. Follow the canyon SW until you come to a bridge. There should be a guard tower to the left of the bridge, and a Humvee to the far right. Go down the hill into the little stream and head west. You should see a large tree growing out of the side of the left embankment. You can use the nearby rock and crawl up the side of the hill if you crouch.
Once up you should be able to see a truck to your SW. This is your final objective. Go prone and move towards the truck. Be careful about making too much noise; the humvee and guards are next to you. Also next to the truck is a guy sitting in a little hut like the one near your starting position. Don't worry about him; he's only another instructor. As you are heading towards the truck you should hit Objective C. Now all you have to do is flash the lights to get extracted. Head towards the driver's side door of the truck and "use" the truck to end the mission.

Congradulations, you have just passed all the training missions in America's Army. I hope you found this guide useful.
Taken from http://www.room362.com/pages/aa.html
Blackcurrent

Post by Blackcurrent »

nope Leviathan it isn't true, you can just delete your account and start over. This only happends in the missions, not in the training
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

OK, thanks for having cleared that up... :wink:
Blackcurrent

Post by Blackcurrent »

I tried to kill everyone around me on the training, nothing happened eccept everyone was reincanated and returned the next day :D
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

We cannot say that this game is realistic... :? (Contrary to what the articles dedicated to America's Army are saying...)
Precise_Moon
Space Ranger

Re: RE: Americas Army

Post by Precise_Moon »

Leviathan wrote:We cannot say that this game is realistic... :? (Contrary to what the articles dedicated to America's Army are saying...)
How true,this is only a game and for real life you would be cacking your pants.Dead would mean dead and medic would be more of a button on your pc.Is just meant to be a insight into how the military works.
In game you do not have to waiter on tables,stag on,get beasted,polish your boots,shave every morning,eat shite food,drink lots of beer,fight other regiments,do f**K off long runs in full kit,extra duties for mister meaners,avoid the MP's...............the list goes on!
Last edited by Precise_Moon on Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blackcurrent

RE: Re: RE: Americas Army

Post by Blackcurrent »

well, this game is used to train US soldiers, in tactics and theory only of course
Talibanman

Post by Talibanman »

AARRGGHHH IT STOPPED WORKIN!!!
gotta get wolfenstein
Blackcurrent

Post by Blackcurrent »

this is better!