Mass Effect 3 (2012)

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Re: Mass Effect 3 (2012)

Post by Fiodis »

Moving_Target wrote:I died like 6 times on normal....because it took me a few times to place my cain shot perfect.
Never liked the Cain. Never liked any weapons with a large warmup time. Better imo to get several quick, surgical strikes in one after another. That's why I love my Mattock.

First time I shot the Cain I thought I was safely out of the blast radius. Little did I know the map more or less was the blast radius.
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

Yeah, the only time I used the Cain was when I sent my decoys- er, squad in, to distract the enemy, after buffing them if possible, so I have time to get a shot off. Seeing as I never use heavy weapons unless I'm basically screwed (or lazy, on occasion), I keep the Cain on me. On my soldier, I used all heavy weapons: the Mattock, the Widow, the Cain, the Claymore, and the Phalanx (which is bad-asphalt, in case you didn't know). Once I upgrade the Assault Rifle's accuracy once or twice, I'll swap the Mattock out for the Revenant.

I have my reasons; for one, since my soldier (squad included) focuses on damage dealing and being all tactical, the machine gun is great for suppressive fire (which really doesn't do much in the ME games, but that typically works in my favor) at medium ranges, and will tear anything a new one in close combat. The Mattock is a great battle rifle, but admittedly isn't the best up close when you don't have the chance to change weapons. The ammo capacity is fantastic, especially considering it reloads as quickly as anything else. I always think of the Reaper IFF mission (in which you meet Legion), when you're getting rushed by husks like the whole mission. This is probably the best example of the large clip being a life savor, but not the only one (you know, outside of the intense firefights that commonly go down ;)).

That's just my opinion, though. No need to go spreading it around.

But yeah, anyone that's played team-based games with me knows I love being the support guy. When my friends and I played Bad Company 2, I was usually a medic. :D lol
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

You got all dem heavies? HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX
Fo' rizzle though, I really don't like any of the heavy weapons except the Particle beam. If you're including the heavy regular weapons, then I also like the widow and the phalanx, but I don't like the claymore or revenant. I hope ME3 has at least a better weapon selection. I forget if they've said anything about it though...
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

Well, you can customize your weapons in ME3. That's something. And as far as ME2 goes, I never really use the shotguns at all, so my choice in which to use doesn't really matter much to me. Ha
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

I don't use shotguns unless I'm a vanguard, in which case I use them all the time. I've always prefered the Mattock to all the other rifles, even the Revenant, and I value the Incisor above the Widow, despite the rate it picks up ammo. Usually I go Infiltrator - I love sneaking around to get the perfect shot. Early in the game I get the Locust and use it as an assault rifle rather than a SMG, then swap it out for the Mattock after the Collector ship mission.

I wonder what new goodies we'll see in ME3?
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Well, one goodie I can think of that we'll probably see in ME3 is Garrus taking breaks from his calibrations.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

I love the cain. I find it hilarious.

Since I'm a vanguard I used shotgun mainly, geth shotgun to be exact. And the laser pointer pistol. When I get the sniper I just bull charge with that. So handy.

Pretty interesting hearing other's views on weapons, mainly since I've only played as vanguard and have limited weapon selection.

Raptor we should do BC2 sometime.
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

I have a soft spot for MG's (that are used as the heavy/support weapons they're meant to be, mind you), so my love for the Revenant is natural.

Well, we know that the Mattock is in it, so that's definitely nice. One of the things on my wishlist is for Jack to get a shirt. Or lose the suspenders... one way or the other, girl, don't play those games. I'm glad to see Garrus finally got some new armor. I never quite figured out why I had time to play Lord Of The Flies with Jacob's dad, but never had time to fix Garrus' armor. (Of course, I modded it so he used undamaged armor, so it's all good :D)
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

If you got the appearance packs, Garrus wouldn't have damaged armor, though he WOULD look like a giant supercomputer with a sniper rifle. Fine by me, that is. And Grunt would look like a Tron extra. Again, fine by me. Also Jack got a jacket. Just in case you didn't know that. I personally found those to be the most well-spent 2 bucks ever on something purely aesthetic.
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

Eh, none of the appearance packs really appealed to me. (Though I got pretty much all the rest of the DLC. :P)
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Jack is getting a redesign. Longer hair, like Emma Watson's pixie cut and a different outfit.

I really do hope the geth shotgun makes a return. Loved that thing.
RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by RED51 »

I love that gun! Its more of a rifle really, if properly used. And using it with Biotic Charge made it even more destructive. I hope charge gets some really coo skill paths.
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

To all Facebook users, if you Like the Official Mass Effect 2 page, you get to vote for which of 6 potential FemSheps gets to become to official one! Just look through the photo album and Like the one(s) that you decide are the best. As of now, #5 is winning, which is fine with me because she got my vote. Her and #4. lol

Also, in case anyone cares, numbers 4,5 & 6 seem to show new hairstyles for female characters, which would definitely prove Bioware's earlier statements about redoing "hair tech" and greatly improving it. Since my FemSheps are my favorites, this makes me happy. lol
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

I lieked #5. The other ones either reminded me of Jack or I just didn't like them.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

It's funny how 5 is getting the comments of "OMG SHE"S ONLY WINNING BECAUSE SHE"S BLONDE!!" and other things along those lines, and each respectively for the other shepards.

I think it's more because of the hair style. I'd still vote for 5 if she was brunette or black, or even red head.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

None of them really fits the voice, in my opinion. I think Shepard 1 is the closest you can get to making it fit. She looks... Shepardy... I don't know.

I'm okay with all of them, really, except for #6, she looks like some sort of space dominatrix... but I guess some people may be into that sort of thing.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

The first three are Natalie Portman with different hair colors. Four is beyonncee or rihanna. Five is Samus Aran. Six is some goth girl. I do have to say, where is the default femshep from the previous games.
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

I was wondering that myself. I had no problems with her, though I wouldn't argue with some touch-ups. An updated version of her might've gotten my vote. But, out of these six, #5 gets my vote. I originally voted for #4 as well, but I undid that one; I realized I just like the hair style. :P

Although it is exciting to finally see FemShep get some well deserved attention from Bioware, I'm gonna point out that whichever they choose ultimately doesn't make much difference to me, I'm just gonna be using my custom Shepards anyways. I guess I just wanna see a good looking FemShep in whatever media they use her in. lol
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Very true. It will be interesting if they use her in marketing or not. I heard she'll be on the collector's cover of ME3.
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

That, and "she'll get her own trailer". Other than that, it's doubtful we'll see much of her. Though it'd be cool if said trailer were a cinematic or live action one. :D lol