Mass Effect 3 (2012)

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Mass Effect 3 (2012)

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

Offtopic
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="Marth8880"]Off-topic:
Argh! Not to be "that guy", but the plural for "krogan" is simply "krogan". For example, "Those krogan sure must eat a lot of cake." [/quote]
Hidden/Spoiler:
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/19/oper ... success-2/

Operatoin goliath was a huge success. I don't know the system breakdown (since they weren't released) but 3 million brutes were killed over the 3 day weekend challenge. I'm excited to see what the n7 pack includes and what future challenges await. So good job guys.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans Krogans
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Excuse me, but I believe the plural of Krogan is "Trouble." Not to be that guy of anything....
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

i can finally start playing singleplayer now and save and import my me2 character :D all i had to do was to add a parameter to the shortcut, insert two lines in the configuration file and create additional folders in the savegame folder. good for people like me that its based on ue3 or there would not have been any workarounds...
mswf
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by mswf »

My origin name is mswf too. Multiplayer is a lot of fun :)
I got halfway past wave 10 on bronze, lone wolf with my lvl 10 vanguard :D I got tons of xp.
RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by RED51 »

Just searched for you, and I get two results:
TomSWFC
Tomswfc17

Which one are you or did I miss something?
mswf
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by mswf »

Oh, I see now. I looked at the wrong part, you should try searching for "McSwiff".
What's your name? Is it "Red51" as well?
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Sent. Maybe you can host a lobby some time and both Red and I can join because so far we keep getting a bug where we can't join each others' games. Says either Game is full, even though it's not or just keeps saying Joining game. Quite annoying.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

This is actually very interesting. I read Dr. Ray's letter. It was well worded. I feel bad that he made it sound that he's very sadden by it. They should only about disappointed about the ending because the events leading up to it were fantastic. I don't expect an Endings DLC til fall.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I'm not too optimistic. However if the below conditions are met, I'll be happy.

Spoilers as always. In order of likelihood of happening.
Hidden/Spoiler:
1. Shepard living is the canon version (despite being hard(ish) to achieve).
2. It is shown that the Normandy gets off of that rock and is back in action.
3. It is shown that the galaxy finds a way to travel far distances without the Mass Relays.

I don't think it's a lot to task.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

I'd say it's that
Hidden/Spoiler:
Shepard finally succombed to indoctrination, and that everything from waking up from Harbinger's attack on was the reapers trying to convince him that destruction was the 'bad' ending. Take a look on YouTube. There are a ton of great vids that provide a lot of proof to the theory.
That being said, it does leave things open for a happier ending.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

@Teancum

If that's the truth, I'd be a bit more content. As long as,
Hidden/Spoiler:
he's saved from indoctrination by Chakwas, Mordin (doubtful as he can die in ME2), or someone else. It's shown that everything is a lot better in reality than what the reaper's showed him.

Also, this.
[color=#FFBF00]Micster on sticktwiddlers.com[/color] wrote:The row about the Mass Effect 3 ending is waging on, with retailers now offering full refunds for any customer saying they’re not satisfied with the ending.

Amazon.com has stated that they will take the game back for an exact refund, even if the case has been opened and any code has been used. EA’s own digital distribution service Origin will also be refunding players. All they have to do is contact customer services and the game will be taken off of their account.

This of course has caused rifts, with some communities simply getting their game refunded not because of a distaste of the ending, but as they are seeing it as being able to play the game all the way through and get their money back with no risk. It’s a fairly sketchy scenario and just shows the risks that retailers are going to go to so they can appease those who hate the ending.

I really love Bioware, I hope they learn their mistake. You just can't make such a big fanbase, then piss them off and not expect consequences.
computergeek
General
General
Projects :: Halo Warthog vehicle for SWBF2
Games I'm Playing :: Bioware RPGs - Halo

Post by computergeek »

THEWULFMAN wrote: I really love Bioware, I hope they learn their mistake. You just can't make such a big fanbase, then piss them off and not expect consequences.
Sounds like one of the themes in the Mass Effect games. Oh the irony
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

computergeek wrote:Sounds like one of the themes in the Mass Effect games. Oh the irony
:funny2:

Thane: "One must take responsibility for their actions Shepard. You of all people should know this."
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Hidden/Spoiler:
I'm starting to dig the indoc theory, but the hate for is interesting to. I hope they had the indoc theory plan or can build off it. It does explain a lot and why destroy is "bad" besides lol kill Beth and EDI too. I also see it as an explanation of why the Normandy was fleeing with all the squad mates. Shepard wants them to be safe from any danger so crash landing them on an arty like planet is better than them dead.
In the end I'm not spectulating til the announcement in April. My question to you guys is now what do you think about the action of changing the ending? I've seen some media people speak up saying it's wrong to change art etc. and you would do that to movies etc. Others argue it's an unique case starting with false marketing and the act it doesn't give closure to anything and comes out of left field. Etc etc.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Normally I wouldn't care, but given the average investment time of 80+ hours across the series I think users deserve a great ending. If it was a movie I'd brush it off, but I've become very attached to all the characters... well, except maybe Jacob and Zaeed.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

So... I haven't had time to play Mass Effect 3 yet, and aside from a few playthrough videos I watched, I am massively out of the loop on everything that is going on. One thing that I have seen a lot though is people dissatisfied with the ending, from what I can abstract it is a sad ending and players don't find that conclusive enough. I don't quite get that.

Personally I was expecting it to be tragic, I have yet to see a war that ends well, with no casualties or terrible consequences to the governments involved. A more mature and "realistic" (relatively speaking, of course) portrayal of a conflict involving extra-galactic, semi-divine artificial beings who defy mortal comprehension is welcome in my eyes, rather than an infantile "and so they lived merrily ever after". I kind of get the feeling that people are just too stubborn to let go of the characters they had grown to care about.

Then again, I obviously don't know what I'm talking about, I haven't seen the ending, I haven't even played the darn game, I'm just rambling, so don't mind me.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

There are a lot of different complaints about the ending, but a repeated one is that there's just not enough of it. It doesn't really explain much or provide closure.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

@Nihillo

To build off of what Tean said (without spoiling anything); in addition to every single one of the endings not providing the closure it was told it was going to provide, they also barely differ from eachother. There are three endings, with a couple small variations in them. The Developers promised a dozen diverse endings. We got 3 nearly identical ones. Literally the color of the explosions is one of the biggest differences in the endings.

It feels like an ending(s) to a different movie(the Mass Effect series is practically a movie you control). It almost feels lazy. Like the Developers had to rush on the ending and didn't have the time to write many different endings.