What is YOUR favorite Mass Effect planet and/or space struct

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

What is YOUR favorite Mass Effect planet and/or space struct

Post by Marth8880 »

Your answer(s) can be from the original game and/or its sequel. My favorite planet is Illium and my favorite space structure is the Shadow Broker's juggernaut(?).
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Re: What is YOUR favorite Mass Effect planet and/or space st

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Uranus (Really, Commander?) and the Normandy SR2.
DarthD.U.C.K.
Master of the Force
Master of the Force

Post by DarthD.U.C.K. »

citadel! from me1, the design is plain awesome.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

DarthD.U.C.K. wrote:citadel! from me1, the design is plain awesome.
I personally liked the Citadel from ME2 more because it seemed more like a buyer's market in New York or Beijing at night, which is the type of environment I love. I would skip another line but I am browsing GT on my phone.
Fluffy_the_ic wrote:Uranus (Really, Commander?)
"Probing Uranus." Ahh, and that is why Bioware is my favorite game producer, and why EDI is my favorite character along with Joker. Lol, remember Joker on the Normandy at the very beginning of Legion's loyalty mission when he mocks Legion's comment about the windows? I actually recorded it, I'll upload it later and post a link. :D
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

I like the random uninhabited planets that you get to visit in Mass Effect 1, they were mostly barren landscapes made by a terrain generator of some sort, but I still loved exploring them. They were a banquet for my imagination, I would often park the Mako on the highest hill, take a look around, listen to the sound of the strong winds echoing through the valley and let it all sink in.

My favorite planets were Tuntau and Altahe; in Tuntau I found a Prothean pyramid, that was my first contact with a Prothean ruin and I was fascinated by how out of place it was, especially since it wasn't frozen like the rest of the terrain, I must have spent an hour speculating and trying to find a way inside, but in the end it was no use, later on I found other pyramids and the one in Tuntau lost a bit of its magic, but it was fun while it lasted. As for Altahe, I was intrigued by the planet's description:
Altahe is an exceptional form of planet called a Roche World. Put simply, it is one half of a pair of small and unusually dense terrestrial worlds (Altahe and Ontahe) that orbit each other so closely, they effectively share a single atmosphere. That does not mean one could fly from one to the other, but both have identical atmospheres and dust from one often can be found on the other.
I knew that I probably wouldn't get to see any kind of phenomenon while walking across the surface, but I was curious to see how it looked like anyway, and I wasn't disappointed, that must have been one of the darkest and most oppressive worlds I have ever seen, I felt like was in some kind of abstract he- uh... that place where the devil lives.

For me, that was the most memorable thing about Mass Effect and I really hope they bring back planet exploration in ME3.
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

Yeah, some of the worlds you could explore and do side missions on were really cool to just explore. It's been too long for me to remember specifically which ones, but finding structures and ruins and such while exploring in ME1 proved to be thrilling, at least for the first while until I played it to death. :P

As far as my favorite location, I'm not sure. I really enjoyed Virmire (as a planet), I remember wondering if the nearby storms would move overhead the first time I played it. The tattered urban environment that Feros was similar to tends to be one of my favorites, though I wouldn't say this particular one was. I'm not sure if it's one of my favorites, but like Marth said, the Shadow Broker's Ship in ME2's DLC was pretty dang awesome.

I think I'm gonna go with Virmire.
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

The science and/or pseudoscience behind the Mass Effect series really is fascinating.

Anyway, I adore the SB's ship, and thought Aite was rather beautiful. Rather unfortunate that it'll suffer a mass extinction relatively soon. It's like Earth with rings, and Earth has so many biomes you're sure to find something you like.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

I think it's Earth, Illium, and Ilos for me.

Like Raptor it's been awhile to remember my most favorite. I'm going through ME2 at the moment. But it's very cool, just reading what these planets are.

I definitely miss the Mako and driving on the planet's surface. Especially the moon's or Luna. It's just a cool sight to have.

Shadow Broker. Everything attached to him/her/it/dlc was/is amazing.

I like this topic alot and everyone's thoughts.
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

Moving_Target wrote:I think it's Earth
Everyone forgets that one, don't they? :wink:

Still, Aite = Earth + rings - cities > Just Earth.