MW3?

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Tears2Roses
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Oh some random stuff who knows
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: PC beats xbox.

MW3?

Post by Tears2Roses »

If you would rather not talk about modern warfare 3, PLEASE say something.

Anyways I played CoD 4 once and I was hooked, however my folks wont buy me CoD and I can't DL it. So, I want to know your guys opinions on MW3, what you think of trailers/etc. Personally, im excited because I actually decided to earn some of my own money to buy things I want. However my parents may still say no ^_^

So, what are your guys opinions?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: MW3?

Post by Marth8880 »

I think Infinity Ward needs to get their heads out of you know where, get serious about the games they produce and stop being so over-confident.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Best troll ever:

Modernwarfare3.com
Tears2Roses
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Oh some random stuff who knows
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: PC beats xbox.

Post by Tears2Roses »

Grev wrote:Best troll ever:

Modernwarfare3.com
Haha it directs you to a battlefield 3 site, lmao.
sim-al2
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: Mapping on occasion
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII + MW4 + SC4

Post by sim-al2 »

Tears2Roses wrote: Haha it directs you to a battlefield 3 site, lmao.
Oh lol when I tried it I thought a server had gotten confused. :cpu:
SilvaDalek
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny and FIFA
xbox live or psn: TH3 R0LL3R

Post by SilvaDalek »

The game won't be anything new or special, but it should be mildly amusing. Probably not worth $60.
GrownCow
Private Recruit
Projects :: idk
Games I'm Playing :: MOH EuropeanAssualt
xbox live or psn: GrownCow

Post by GrownCow »

As bf3 programmers said: Battlefield is innovating while Infinity Ward is merely treading water.

Mw3 better have special new stuff along with fixing the Ez- 2- fix mw2 problems or no deal
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

They're doing it since it seems people just want to shoot crap. Is it just me, or do people not really care much about the plots of games anymore?
GrownCow
Private Recruit
Projects :: idk
Games I'm Playing :: MOH EuropeanAssualt
xbox live or psn: GrownCow

Post by GrownCow »

i agree the plot is getting dumb like the Russian army isnt big enough in real life to take on the US Europe and still keep fighting and also if any more FPS come out with fighting against Russians, im not buying.
Darth_Squoobus
General
General

Post by Darth_Squoobus »

Ping wrote:They're doing it since it seems people just want to shoot crap. Is it just me, or do people not really care much about the plots of games anymore?
There is some justification for that mentality, because most video game plots are crap or have a presence that overshadows gameplay. When I play a game I don't want a bunch of cutscenes held together by hackneyed gameplay.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Disgaea, anyone? I tried. I really tried, but the cutscenes that comprised 80% of the game were just painful.
I want to be in control, and an overbearing plot takes control away. That's where the appeal of sandboxes like Fallout come from as well, because a plot exists but you're not bound to it. If you want a good story and nothing else read a book. If you want interactive escapism, play a video game. Minecraft has no story at all, and it's still tons of fun. Keep that in mind.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

Darth_Squoobus wrote:
Ping wrote:They're doing it since it seems people just want to shoot crap. Is it just me, or do people not really care much about the plots of games anymore?
There is some justification for that mentality, because most video game plots are crap or have a presence that overshadows gameplay. When I play a game I don't want a bunch of cutscenes held together by hackneyed gameplay.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Disgaea, anyone? I tried. I really tried, but the cutscenes that comprised 80% of the game were just painful.
I want to be in control, and an overbearing plot takes control away. That's where the appeal of sandboxes like Fallout come from as well, because a plot exists but you're not bound to it. If you want a good story and nothing else read a book. If you want interactive escapism, play a video game. Minecraft has no story at all, and it's still tons of fun. Keep that in mind.
Why not just want to play a video game with a good plot and good gameplay....
Darth_Squoobus
General
General

Post by Darth_Squoobus »

Grev wrote:
Darth_Squoobus wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Not everything is so cut and dry, Grev. Throwing two dissimilar things together because they're both of a good quality doesn't mean the result will be the same.
Wonderboy
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Making apples into applesauce
Games I'm Playing :: Age Of Empires II

Post by Wonderboy »

Darth_Squoobus wrote:
Grev wrote:
Darth_Squoobus wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Not everything is so cut and dry, Grev. Throwing two dissimilar things together because they're both of a good quality doesn't mean the result will be the same.
What about the Uncharted series? That game looked spectacular, had a great story, and it was fun to play. A good game on all levels, plot and gameplay included, can be achieved.
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by DeathRow »

I watched that new "Wave Mode" type thing and I actually thought it was going to be DLC for MW2. I'll probably still end up getting it as my mate's all play it and we had a great time on MW2.
Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Post by Labj »

This... MW3 looks good, but the problem is that MW2 was good too, so MW1 was... Lets just call this game MW disc 3, all the MW games have been the same with very few additions.

Also, i was watching gameplay vids at youtube, and i noticed that most people that post there... speak spanish... And also seem to be lifeless. I can say the same thing about people at b.net.

Halo fans insult CoD fans, Cod fans insult Halo fans...

Its very annoying, they dont seem to understand these are just games...

Also, i want this game to play Survival mode. The support you can request is something i dont see often.
CalvaryCptMike
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Nothing--absolutely nothing

Post by CalvaryCptMike »

Looks lame to me, didn't see any big difference from COD4. BF3 looks epic and refreshing, :music: this is just the same old thing. :cpu: