Tell a few of your game strategies

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

keenmike
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Projects :: Side by side bike with suspension
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF1

Tell a few of your game strategies

Post by keenmike »

Hi everyone. Just a place to share some strategies. Not your best just a few cool ones k.

I am mostly random but recently wonder about these I learned on my own. Are they original?

Bait, I call it. Throw a health pack or something the enemy will go for and fire on that spot. Every now and then I use that one.

Distractanade, Throw a grenade down the hall and when the explosion impairs view fire a rocket down the hall. Who knows you just might hit someone.
SpartanA259
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Orion City
xbox live or psn: Steam: [404] Ash

Re: Tell a few of your game strategies

Post by SpartanA259 »

In World at War I like to place bouncing betties in door ways and sit next to them so that when an enemy soldier comes running into the room I shoot the betty and take out my enemy that way. Only problem is I end up dying too...

I also like to throw two satchel charges on the ground behind rocks or pots and lay on top of them so when an enemy comes by and sees me I set them off.

I also no scope alot that is fun.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Well, I like to flank, catch foes from behind or from the sides. I rarely go for the straightforward route, I prefer to let my team mates do the main push, so I can use it as a diversion, which allows me to take the side road and catch our opponents while they are unware of my presence. The tricky part is making it count, since once they know you are there, they will turn their focus to you, so you'd better do whatever you have to do quickly.

If it's a shooter or some sort of combat-related game, bring something heavy and explosive to maximize damage.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

In League of Legends, which you can sign up for HERE (Blatant plug, but hey, it's fun), Backdooring is fun, where you get the members of your team to distract the enemy on the opposite side of the map while you take down a tower or two.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Post by Ping »

I absolutely suck at strategy games (even though I love them alot :P ), but alot of times I like to just send my guys in en masse just for kicks and giggles. Works in EaW, not so much in Age of Empires, unless you happen to be the Russians.

Another strategy is attack-retreat-attack. Send in a couple of guys to harass the enemy, retreat when they send guys at you, and then in a larger contingent of troops and take them out.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Ping wrote:I like to just send my guys in en masse just for kicks and giggles.
Ah yes, the mass Zergling Rush strategy. I always find it funny that it actually works sometimes. I guess you don't need planning when you have enough resources to literally cover the map with foot soldiers.
keenmike
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by keenmike »

In SWBF1 you can tell ai computer bots to follow you and stay in places you choose. I like to place them in a corner and I then get in the opposite space of the room to create a cross file.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

In TF2, I play scout and I will continually throw my body at the cart just to inch it forward knowing I'll die. Don't care about K/D ratio. It's about that win.

One of my friends was shocked impressed how I was just brutally and willingly finding ways just to get near the cart. Hoodoo 1st stage right before blu wins, that pit base area, I normal just drop from the high area and hide on one side of the cart and push it in. I'm good at that.

An odd strategy I picked up from the battlefield series is that, if hte right speed and angle you can get a vehicle any where.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Moving_Target wrote:In TF2, I play scout and I will continually throw my body at the cart just to inch it forward knowing I'll die. Don't care about K/D ratio. It's about that win.
This.
In any game, I throw myself into battle with the only goal being "Survive as long as freaking possible, even though death is inevitable." Hopefully my team gets the idea, "Oh hey, this guy is a great distraction, we should push now," and usually we get some ground before I die. Usually. Depends on how long I survive and how smart my team is at using my distraction to their advantage.

And hey, sometimes I DON'T die and I end up taking out the enemy by complete surprise and gain a lot of ground for the team.
keenmike
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by keenmike »

This is a good one and easy.
Against an opponent try to jump into their back shoulder. That way it will always be hard for them to get a shot at you.
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

[TF2]Going Spy + Deadringer to push the cart is a bit safer than the scout way. You cant run through the enemies as easily but for the first 10 times or so(depending on the enemy team) you usually wont die.

[random shooter]Stopping randomly while running to an objective or just somewhere works pretty good to confuse (non-uber-pro)snipers.

[BC2]Doesnt work every time but when it does, its fun: Equip yourself with any one-shot-kill weapon(sniper,shotgun,grenade/smoke launcher)and place yourself somewhere single enemies come by(dont face them). Then just stand and wait. Dont move your mouse/view, dont do anything. Now sometime either a pro(doesnt think your worth the shot and trys to knife you) or a guy who "needs" knife kills for the next gold star/platinum star(not me Ive got platinum with my knife :D)or some medal will come by and will try to knife you(because he thinks your AFK). If he isnt crouching(usually they run at you, because they need to kill you quickly so they can focus on any other enemies who might appear)then you will hear his footsteps or something else. Then youll turn quickly and shoot him. As I said before, he'll most likely run, that means he cant shoot without stopping/jumping => advantage for you. If it works, its fun, if it doesnt...who cares about K/D in battlefield anyways? :D

[Rome TW] +1 to the en masse straight at them strategy. I once beat a really(really) good rome player with only Gallic(?) druids against only phalanx(I forgot which nation); we both used all of our resources. His phalanx fled after maybe 2 minutes. Maybe because he placed his phalanx facing the wrong direction and had to turn them..at that time my druids were on them with theyre badass sickles..but I doubt that was the cause for my win. ;)

[BC2] I just found another one: The melee medic. Your equipment: a fast firing LMG(XM8 is my fav), Magnum Ammo and maybe the fast running perk. Then go on a server with many players on a smaller map(conquest is ok on small maps, squad deathmatch is good, too). Pull out your defibrillator and its on! The defi can "shoot" about 1m which makes him more effective on one target than the knife, although the knife "aims" for you. Enemies who see you holding a defi in your hand usually dont get the idea that youll attack them with it, bad for them. If you dont hit the enemy with your defi youre close enough to use your knife. If you dont hit with that, either switch back to defi or use youre gun. I chose a fast firing LMG because you can spread more bullets(chance is higher to hit the enemy) which gives you a small advantage over LMGs like the M60. With this strategy running is essential, if you stay too long on one place you will die, otherwise you can survive pretty long and kill many, many enemies. Its especially funny if you play with a friend who follows the same strategy(or plays "standard" medic), just so both can be revived by the other one. This, of course, isnt very objective oriented, so its best played on squad deathmatch matches.
Last edited by ANDEWEGET on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marvel4
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Marvel4s BF1 Conversion Pack + Era Mod

Post by Marvel4 »

My strategy for every shooter: Reduce your sensitivity, so you can aim better and don't wave around your gun like a retard. :wink:
keenmike
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal

Post by keenmike »

ANDEWEGET wrote:[TF2]
[random shooter]Stopping randomly while running to an objective or just somewhere works pretty good to confuse (non-uber-pro)snipers.
Very cool, I do that out of fear.
ANDEWEGET wrote:[BC2]Doesnt work every time but when it does, its fun:
Then just stand and wait. Dont move your mouse/view, dont do anything.
Simple game SWBF1 is wall I run up to, undetected I hope. Turn sideways and pick pistol because it is small and wont stick thru wall. I wonder if players know I am there and just run by me because cull does funny stuff. I then make a bee line for the command post. My name is cull in game.

I must tell one more funny thing. It is called the backwards attack. Run down the hall backwards jumping and acting all crazy. That simple.
Please tell more everyone.
Nihillo
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Nihillo »

Moving_Target wrote:In TF2, I play scout and I will continually throw my body at the cart just to inch it forward knowing I'll die. Don't care about K/D ratio. It's about that win.
Sometimes I like to do that as a Demoman. I'll bring a Pain Train to increase my capture-rate to 2, the Chargin' Targe to reduce damage from Sticky Bombs placed in the tracks, rockets and harassing Pyros, and a Loch 'n' Load to compensate for my lack of firepower.

First I use the charge to rush straight to the cart, then I hold my ground for as long as humanly possible. I only do that as a last resort though, when there's less than three minutes on the clock and there are only a few meters left to go.
Grev
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Games I'm Playing :: Minecraft

Post by Grev »

If I play TF2, it's usually Heavy time. I'm generally heavy weapons in all of the games I play (Battlefield: Heroes FTW!), and TF2 is no exception. Grab a solid medic, and you're pretty much set, mowing people down in a mad forward push. I'm like Chozo but better. :P
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Grev you and I should team up some time then.

@Nihillo: It's soo funny seeing demoknights charge in to the charge, tap it and win. I love it.
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by The_Emperor »

When playing TF2, I have a few steps I always follow;

1. Right after spawn, run into a random direction
2. Shoot the enemy
3. Get killed, without having a clue who or what happened
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 about 5 times
5. Rage-quit TF2 and start a different game

Thus far, this has been successful all 2 times I've played TF2.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

^ lol awesome

In mmos I like to be a healer or some class my group will really rely on...and set my graphic settings to high but downgrade my vid card drivers by a few years then right when the action gets going I can watch my screen send me 1 fps slow motion pictures like a side scrolling image gallery of all my group being wiped all over the map. The cries in real time voice chat as lag destroys any hope anyone had of surviving the battle is the best feeling ever... I feel like alot of people must be using this same method... All day long