RAGE

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Null_1138
Jedi
Jedi

RAGE

Post by Null_1138 »

TV Spot

I have heard good things about graphics and mechanics, but story and originality are apparently nearly nonexistent. Made by id software, creators of Doom and Quake.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/10/r ... -gamed.ars

http://pc.ign.com/articles/119/1197974p1.html

What do you guys think?
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: RAGE

Post by Raptor522 »

Watched my friend play it for a bit (before we moved on to GoW 3 :P). Couldn't help but think "Borderlands" the entire time. But apparently it transitions more into "Fallout 3" later on. But that's just my impression thus far.
The_Emperor
Supreme Galactic Ruler
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by The_Emperor »

The name is well-chosen. They could also have called it INFURIATINGLY ANNOYING TEXTURE PROBLEMS but I guess that'd be too long to be catchy.

I wish all companies were like valve, postponing deadlines rather than releasing broken games.
VF501
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Projects :: Various Stuff- Weapon models. UDK Stuff
Games I'm Playing :: Fallout New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Vintage Tagious

Post by VF501 »

The graphics are soooooo dated. id is stuck in their Quake 1 days. :P
Hidden/Spoiler:
In all reality though, once I got a majority of the popin solved I enjoyed the game immensely. The crossbow and all its ammo types were fun to use, and jumping around with the combat shotgun did remind me of old school FPS a few times. Also Pop Rockets are win and are sooooo overpowered. Use them.

LOL!
Hidden/Spoiler: