Qtracker

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Precise_Moon
Space Ranger
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefield 3
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Qtracker

Post by Precise_Moon »

Not sure about this see what you think is it a good product?

Credit to:- http://www.swbattlefront.net/

Qtracker adds SWBF2 support!
Have you ever wanted to see how many Star Wars Battlefront 2 servers there are or locate a player, without firing up the game? Or perhaps you don't have the game installed but want to see how the community is doing?

Well Qtracker is your solution! A free program designed many years ago (and constantly updated) by Ron Mercer (DM Ohio), this is a nice app to have for all your SWBF 1 (and now 2!) needs. Of course it supports a multitude of other online games, including all the popular titles.

Here's the latest update straight from Ron's page:

Qracker 4.11 Released! November 10th, 2005 @ 11:35PM ET

This release fixes three major bugs that slipped into 4.1: Quake 4 query crashing, the inability to connect to a F.E.A.R. server, and server refreshes that would just die part way through. I've snuck Star Wars Battlefront II support into this release, plus a few new features. I hope you enjoy the release, and as you can tell from the screenshot I'm almost done with the Quake 4 Mapshot Pack. Expect that tomorrow. Frag on!

Another great thing about Qtracker is that it supports many games that no other tracker does, including old school titles like Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight and X-Wing Alliance. ;)

Features List:

- Server browser for the Internet or LAN.

- Easy server remote administration.
- PlayerWatch feature keeps tells you when and where your friends are playing.
- Mapshots show you what level is being played.
- Filters.
- Server-side filters including regions, modifications, and game types.
- Player names are shown using in-game fonts.
- Music (Shoutcast) support.
- HTML and PHP server list generation.
- Fast querying.
- PlayerWatch window is skinnable, and GUI is completely customizable.

Check it out over at http://www.qtracker.com/