Bastion?

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jedi High Council
Projects :: I should probably start one...
Games I'm Playing :: TOR AC
xbox live or psn: ShadowScorch88

Bastion?

Postby Twilight_Warrior » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:15 pm

It's on sale on Steam (though, technically, it's not a "Steam-exclusive" game, so I put it here), and I'm debating on getting it.
Extra Credits recommended it in one of their "Games You Might Not Have Heard of" segments, and it did intrigue me, but perhaps there's a GTer out there who can give me a more thorough recommendation, pros and cons and all that.

I do have a compulsion to buy games simply because I have a vague interest, and they are on sale, but I'm trying to curb this habit. So a second opinion would be kinda nice.

Master Bounty Hunter

Re: Bastion?

Postby Nihillo » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:24 pm

Bit of a late reply, I don't know if you have already made your decision, but I definitely recommend Bastion. It's a very well designed game, both the voice acting and the soundtrack are awesome, and it has a captivating story. I would go as far as to say it's one of my favorite games to have come out this year.

My main criticism with Bastion is that there are too many weapons for far too few levels, as soon as you start to familiarize yourself with something, you are given a new weapon that practically replaces the one you were using before.

You should give it a try, anyway.

Jedi High Council
Projects :: I should probably start one...
Games I'm Playing :: TOR AC
xbox live or psn: ShadowScorch88

Postby Twilight_Warrior » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:10 pm

Alright, I'll have to see if it's on sale again at Christmas. Thanks, Nihillo

Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Postby Teancum » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:05 pm

It's fun, but if it didn't have the narrator it wouldn't be as great as it is. I dunno - I'm sorta over all the hype it's gotten (for a downloadable title, that is).

Return to Game Discussion - Other