Who's playing TOR and where?

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

RED51
Jedi
Jedi
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Re: Who's playing TOR and where?

Post by RED51 »

It's been awhile. Got bored with my class game play and tried out a BH merc on the maw server(Which to my dismay has the highest immature player population as I soon found out...). Almost done with the main story line with him. After that, I plan on playing as Smuggler back here. Been wanting to try out one of these cover using guys for awhile. So far, I like how the BH's story has progressed. Oh, and getting a Jawa companion was totally worth it. Last I check regarding my rep, I was lvl 32ish near the beginning of Alderaan.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

RED51 wrote:It's been awhile. Got bored with my class game play and tried out a BH merc on the maw server(Which to my dismay has the highest immature player population as I soon found out...). Almost done with the main story line with him. After that, I plan on playing as Smuggler back here. Been wanting to try out one of these cover using guys for awhile. So far, I like how the BH's story has progressed. Oh, and getting a Jawa companion was totally worth it. Last I check regarding my rep, I was lvl 32ish near the beginning of Alderaan.
I hear the bounty hunter story is pretty good too, when I roll an Imperial character, I'll probably do that. And my next character is going to be a smuggler, since I want to make another Republic character, but I've already done a lot of the Jedi stuff (Sage 43, Belsavis).

Get your trooper up, though, and do the Jedi Prisoner FP arc. It's totally worth it!
RED51
Jedi
Jedi

Post by RED51 »

Heh, I'm also at Belsavis right now. I think I gona finish up the planet before going back to my rep. After having played as a BH healer for awhile, I can't recall how I managed to get as far as I did as a tank, so it may take me awhile to get used to switching play styles. Have you managed to take down any of the World Bosses yet in anycase? So far, I've taken down Taris's one as a rep, and Tat's one on both factions.
Webster27
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: The Republic Commando Mod
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Webster27 »

[TFA]Padawan_Fighter wrote:s'There a free trial out?

Otherwise no thank you, $60 + $15 a month is not for me :P
Yeah^ I would say that, too :P . And my parents wouldn't like me to pay monthly and yeah I need to do what they say :faint: :cry:
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

I have an 11th level trooper commando on "the courageous" server. Once I learn the ropes more maybe some if us should join up and form a gt clan on a server. I craft a lot hehe
RED51
Jedi
Jedi

Post by RED51 »

Me and Mav are on the Kathol Rift Server. But I wouldn't mind making a new guy on that one. Is that PvP or PvE server?
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life

Post by DeathRow »

Got a level 17 Smuggler and 13 Sith Warrior on Hyperspace Cannon, but I am willing to move to play with you fellas.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

DeathRow wrote:Got a level 17 Smuggler and 13 Sith Warrior on Hyperspace Cannon, but I am willing to move to play with you fellas.
I wasn't half unsure that I was playing with you tonight - I ran through a flashpoint with someone named "Deathrow."

And I know it's a little selfish, but I'd love it that, if we do plan to group, we group on Kathol Rift. I put a solid month into making sure that I could have a new character named "Vace Thermill" :P (plus my lvl50 toon is on that server, and I know Red51 has a 42 or so there too).

If we played somewhere else I'd be down, but it'd be a shame to try and work up the legacy points on a separate server. In case it matters, Kathol Rift is a PVE server - I don't know about you guys, but I'm a pretty casual player, so PVE is more my speed.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

As long as its got jawas and isn't a "heavy" server. Mine is light to standard and so delicious
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life

Post by DeathRow »

Ill make a Jedi Knight on Kathol Rift when I get the time, looking forward to playing with fellow GTers.
[TFA]Padawan_Fighter
High General
High General
Projects :: Ha - as if I will ever get back to them
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 ARK EliteDngrs

Post by [TFA]Padawan_Fighter »

What's everybody's opinion on space in TOR?
Hidden/Spoiler:
I THINK IT SUCKS BLAAAHHHHHHHHH
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

[TFA]Padawan_Fighter wrote:What's everybody's opinion on space in TOR?
Hidden/Spoiler:
I THINK IT SUCKS BLAAAHHHHHHHHH
It's just a minigame; it's not terribly complicated or difficult. I really like the armor you can get from the space commendations, though. I'm wearing the pilot's set on my Jedi Sage, and it's a fun alternative to robes.
RED51
Jedi
Jedi

Post by RED51 »

I reached lvl 50 last night! I immediately tried out that new flash point, Koan Under Siege. It was very fun and the bosses were quite tough, although not as tough as Directive 7's thankfully... The group I was with was great as well. Right now, I'm at Voss. What are your guys status right now?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

RED51 wrote:I reached lvl 50 last night! I immediately tried out that new flash point, Koan Under Siege. It was very fun and the bosses were quite tough, although not as tough as Directive 7's thankfully... The group I was with was great as well. Right now, I'm at Voss. What are your guys status right now?
I've finished up Voss with my lvl 50 Sage (Maveritchell), but haven't finished my main quest line (which still has Corellia to do). As soon as I dinged 50, I figured I'd wait for you or others to get there to try and hit up some of the max level content. For the past week or so I've been playing my Gunslinger (Vace), and he's just finished up Coruscant.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

I just landed on taris and it's a jungle plane overtakIng old ruins so awesome looking! I'm level 20 and still have my lev 11 helmet. And only 20k credits and 2 companIons, am I behind for my level?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

You're probably doing fine (you're overleveled, based on the levels assigned to the planets) - being at 20 and starting Taris probably means that you've done most if not all of the quests available to you so far. If you play like that (as a completionist), you'll be over-level consistently through the game. That's the way I play, too, and I've enjoyed it. You probably ought to look for some orange pieces of armor so that you don't have to worry about having "level X" gear, and you probably ought to start saving for your speeder - you don't really need it on Nar Shaddaa (the next planet), but you'll want it for Tatooine. You can get speeder piloting at 25, and the basic speeder costs 8K and the ability itself costs 40k.

Add "Vace" (or "Maveritchell") and send me a message sometime. Like I said, with my smuggler alt I'm just starting Taris too.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin

Post by guru »

I have 6 toons on the courageous but tonight for fun I thought I'd join the gters on kathol rift, made a Jedi named guru , join the server and add me if you want. Join the gtswtor adventure

EDIT
Reached 10 went Jedi shadow added vase couldn't find maveritchell toon Found some good players thinking about getting the gt guild going In swtor maybe
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

guru wrote:I have 6 toons on the courageous but tonight for fun I thought I'd join the gters on kathol rift, made a Jedi named guru , join the server and add me if you want. Join the gtswtor adventure

EDIT
Reached 10 went Jedi shadow added vase couldn't find maveritchell toon Found some good players thinking about getting the gt guild going In swtor maybe
If you found someone named "Vase," that's not me. My gunslinger is "Vace," but I've been on a work trip for the past couple of weeks and haven't had the chance to play that character or my "Maveritchell" character.
RED51
Jedi
Jedi

Post by RED51 »

Haven't been on Kathol for awhile, mostly been playing on the PvP servers (The Fat Man & The Maw). It's mostly because Kathol has too little players, at least for me. Makes PvP hard to get, but I'm looking forward to the Cross Server Match ups. My other guys are a lvl 50 Merc and lvl 44 Op (Both DPS). I believe I'm on my final mission with my merc, while my Op is about to finish up Act 2. I gotta say, I'm really liking the story so far. Nice amount of suspense and twists. Act 1's twist was a particular favorite.
AgentSmith_#27
Rebel Warrant Officer
Rebel Warrant Officer
Projects :: No Projects I am ready to unveil
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-MW2-Madden 08

Post by AgentSmith_#27 »

I'd love to give TOR a try and play with you all, but I can't try out the old republic for quite a while, there's other things a high school senior with a part time job needs to spend money on sadly :(

How would you guys say it rates along with KotOR 1+2? is it true to the style of the series and star wars? How does it rank along with other mmo's you all have played? Another thing I'd worry about is it being too much of a time sink for me, does it require a lot of grinding?