Spark Unlimited's Projects

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Spark Unlimited's Projects

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

Twilight_Warrior wrote: And who's to say they were the only developer at LucasArt's GAME DEVELOPERS CONFERENCE party?
Good point. This still is speculation, but this does say that Spark is related to Lucasarts in some way. (It was Lucasart's GDC, so they must have invited Spark to it for some reason.)
I did say however, this game may not be the game you are talking about. Did you read my post to Impetus?
@Impetus: Many people are saying that this game may not be BF3 and indeed could be something else.(There were a few Star Wars Third person shooters released.) Notice how I never brought up BF3 speculation in this topic?
@Impetus:
kinetosimpetus wrote: I know I would never have heard about Spark if it weren't for the SWBF3 rumor...
True, but It could totally be a different Star Wars game, which I said before.

Offtopic:
Hidden/Spoiler:
I'm not trying to start a flame war here, I just trying to give some information on the next possible Spark/Lucasarts game.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

In all honesty I really hope Spark isn't making Battlefront 3, Jedi Knight 4, Republic Commando or any other Star Wars game.

I want a Dev that actually knows what they're doing.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

THEWULFMAN wrote:In all honesty I really hope Spark isn't making Battlefront 3, Jedi Knight 4, Republic Commando or any other Star Wars game.

Because Pandemic Studios was such a clear and obvious choice the first time around.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:Because Pandemic Studios was such a clear and obvious choice the first time around.
They had proven themselves capable in 2002 with Star Wars: The Clone Wars. I loved Star Wars: The Clone Wars, it did get a little boring after my fifth playthrough, but it had a lot of nice gameplay. Well, the vehicles anyway. I hated the on foot segments. I loved the sense of scale they gave you of these massive battles.

On the other hand, Spark's games have not impressed me one bit. Turning Point: Fall of Liberty was a game with a somewhat neat concept, however the gameplay was terrible. Legendary was meh, not terrible, not great. Don't even get me started on CoD: Finest Hour. One of the worst games I ever bought for the Gamecube.

So when looking at the games the above Developers have made, comparatively Pandemic was a clear choice. To me they made three really solid Star Wars games. Spark has made three at best average games, and at worst three mediocre ones.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:
THEWULFMAN wrote:In all honesty I really hope Spark isn't making Battlefront 3, Jedi Knight 4, Republic Commando or any other Star Wars game.

Because Pandemic Studios was such a clear and obvious choice the first time around.
The only game by Spark that is really worth noting is Call of Duty: Finest Hour, and that is still only a meh game. Pandemic did incredible games such as Destroy All Humans!, Star Wars Battlefront (hurr), and Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Pandemic definitely knew what they were doing, though it didn't help that they were given a RIDICULOUSLY small amount of time to release SWBFII. Spark Unlimited just doesn't meet up with the limited standards required for SWBFIII.
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Currently Working on an Indie Game
Games I'm Playing :: Splatoon 2
xbox live or psn: Stm: Tight Verbage

Post by The Nasal Abyss »

Developers have to start somewhere. It's usually ideas and conceptual aspects that beginning developers have the most trouble with. Spark Unlimited already has the Star Wars universe/movies and the other Battlefront games to build off of. Which is infinitely better than starting from scratch.

Spark Unlimited is more than capable to make a good Battlefront game with Lucasarts' guidance. You guys don't give some people enough credit. Lucasarts hasn't hit the ball out of the park in a while, but they still know how to fund and give direction to a good game. Let's just wait and see what develops.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Oh, yeah, totally, I hope they'll do a great job, I hope the best for them. It's just that I'm a little afraid the game could turn into just another crappy sequel.

New beta by the way.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

THEWULFMAN wrote:Thought this was (semi) relevant.

As the skeptic that I am, I'm inclined to believe Spark just ignored the #hashtag.
It's extremely scary that they're teasing an upcoming announcement and they've only been in full production for a year. That seems very rushed.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

They just confirmed that while they pitched making Battlefront III to LucasArts, they never worked on it past that. The game they've been hinting at is Lost Planet 3.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Good. Spark's just not up to snuff enough to tackle SWBF3.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Twilight_Warrior wrote:There are also plenty of other publishers in California
Capcom - San Mateo, CA
27 minutes away from San Francisco

Now can we PLEASE stop taking every piece of "evidence" and contorting it to SWBF3 news?
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

I'm just glad that there's actual fact about Spark's game now instead of only rumor.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Face it, folks. BF3 ain't happening.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

ggctuk wrote:Face it, folks. BF3 ain't happening.
Let's not jump on THAT train, the Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City files are proof enough that there's still interest in making the game, and there's definitely enough community hype. LA isn't stupid, they know what consumers want.

But rather then speculate and get hopes up, how about we just wait patiently for an official announcement next time?
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:But rather then speculate and get hopes up, how about we just wait patiently for an official announcement next time?
Hidden/Spoiler:

Sadly people will continue grasping at straws to find any proof of the game. Lost Planet 3, didn't expect that one, but at the same time I am not really surprised. People like Kinetos and I knew it was going to be a different high profile science fiction first person shooter sequel. There were so many possibilities and SWBF3 was only one of many.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

I expect Lucasarts will announce *something* Star Wars this year, but at this point I'm not holding out on Battlefront III. I'm sure there's yet another LEGO game in development and something to do with the Clone Wars series, but I weep for the future for the most part. Both the Force Unleashed games were really solid, but in the 90's and early 2000's they had a great streak of games. Now most are ho-hum.
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Currently Working on an Indie Game
Games I'm Playing :: Splatoon 2
xbox live or psn: Stm: Tight Verbage

Post by The Nasal Abyss »

So disappointing. Oh well. Lucasarts has tried to make it at least twice, so they definitely want to do it. I guess it isn't really a matter of if, but when.

I personally think it's too late for this console generation. Guess we'll see a Battlefront for the next gen consoles though. Which would be cool I guess.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Well I just hope they read all of the internet's collective posts about wanting the game.

Meanwhile at LucasArts...
Lephenix
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Becoming a Concept Artist-Illustrator

Post by Lephenix »

Good thing it wasn't Spark unlimited. But Crytek going to annouce a shooter april 16th, and that could be battlefront 3 ! Or Crysis 3 ! I love both.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Lephenix wrote:Good thing it wasn't Spark unlimited. But Crytek going to annouce a shooter april 16th, and that could be battlefront 3 ! Or Crysis 3 ! I love both.
If it were Battlefront I'd assume LucasArts would be announcing it.