Spark Unlimited's Projects

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Re: Spark Unlimited's Projects

Post by Moving_Target »

Well Free Radical was making it before they went into Administration and were bought out by Crytek (now Crytek UK). Maybe LA and Cry made a new deal and Crytek UK is making it still.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

Yes, but speaking as a journalist the publisher always announces games. Crytek is a self-publisher for Crysis, but not for Star Wars.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

It's already been slipped that it's Crysis 3
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7 ... -crysis-3/

But I believe that's enough thread derailment
Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

Last edited by Cerfon Rournes on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

They're talking about Crytek not Spark.
Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

Post edited.
Here is the trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cVi1amgXSA
The animation is amazing. :shock:
The Nasal Abyss
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Currently Working on an Indie Game
Games I'm Playing :: Splatoon 2
xbox live or psn: Stm: Tight Verbage

Post by The Nasal Abyss »

Cerfon Rournes wrote:Post edited.
Here is the trailer.
Because it's a CG trailer? :/
Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

The Nasal Abyss wrote:
Cerfon Rournes wrote:Post edited.
Here is the trailer.
Because it's a CG trailer? :/
Heh, I just think that the animation is very smooth and realistic for a CG trailer.
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

Oh well, no Star Wars Battlefront 3 then. If Lucasarts has got any sense they will give it to Bioware.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Okay, I'll bite.

Bioware has ONLY ever done RPGs. Aside from their first game in 1996, Shattered Steel, which was a "mech simulator" for MS-DOS... How does that put them in ANY position to make the third title in a wildly popular shooter franchise?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:Okay, I'll bite.

Bioware has ONLY ever done RPGs. Aside from their first game in 1996, Shattered Steel, which was a "mech simulator" for MS-DOS... How does that put them in ANY position to make the third title in a wildly popular shooter franchise?
Two words: Mass. Effect.

The combat sequences in that game are almost identical to the alpha footage of Free Radical's BF3.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Teancum wrote:

The combat sequences in that game are almost identical to the alpha footage of Free Radical's BF3.
Soooo...
We're comparing the combat of three VERY highly rated RPGs to the alpha footage of a shooter. Now, Mass Effect has pretty good combat, but doesn't that say something about the differences of complexities of building, balancing, and fine tuning a full-on shooter as opposed to a level-based RPG?

I'm not saying Bioware wouldn't put everything they had into a shooter, I'm just saying it's not their thing. Balance in an RPG, even if it has shooter-style combat, is rather different than balance in a first- or third-person shooter. Especially a class-based capture point shooter like Battlefront. Just look at Marth's Mass Effect mod, or even Mav's KotOR mod. They use similar abilities, weapons, characters, etc as the games they are emulating. But they're just not the same.

Now, admittedly, Bioware Montreal attempted a Mass Effect shooter, but we never got to see more than a guy running and flying around a map, and even that project was just transformed into ME3's multiplayer.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:
Teancum wrote:

Soooo...
We're comparing the combat of three VERY highly rated RPGs to the alpha footage of a shooter. Now, Mass Effect has pretty good combat, but doesn't that say something about the differences of complexities of building, balancing, and fine tuning a full-on shooter as opposed to a level-based RPG?
Okay, fine. Now compare that to Gears of War, Binary Domain, and other shooters of the like. They all play just like Mass Effect, and all are amazing shooters.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Teancum wrote:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[quote="Twilight_Warrior"][quote="Teancum"][quote="Twilight_Warrior"]Okay, I'll bite.

The combat sequences in that game are almost identical to the alpha footage of Free Radical's BF3.[/quote]
Soooo...
We're comparing the combat of three VERY highly rated RPGs to the alpha footage of a shooter. Now, Mass Effect has pretty good combat, but doesn't that say something about the differences of complexities of building, balancing, and fine tuning a full-on shooter as opposed to a level-based RPG?[/quote][/hide]

Okay, fine. Now compare that to Gears of War, Binary Domain, and other shooters of the like. They all play just like Mass Effect, and all are amazing shooters.[/quote]
And that's where you have me. Haven't played any of 'em. The only shooters I have played are class-based multiplayer. I concede you this point, as I can't build a valid counter-argument.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Look at it this way TW, the only real difference between a shooter like Mass Effect and a team shooter like SWBF2 or TF2 is that the latter two have a class system. Other than that, a shooter is a shooter. I'm over-simplifying of course.

On that note however, I wouldn't want Bioware doing it anyway. They aren't the worst choice out there (*coughs* Infinity Ward, Bethesda, Rockstar, etc), but far from the best. Dice is a far better choice, I know it would never happen but I'd love Valve to make a Star Wars game. Their "release it when it's done" policy is something I love, and something Star Wars games need.

On a related theme, the last thing I'd want is for EA to publish it.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

If I had any choice it'd be Raven Software, hands down. That's the only developer that I've loved every game they've made.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

Heh, yes! Raven Software definitely knows how to develop Star Wars games, no doubts there.
Jendo7
Sith
Sith

Post by Jendo7 »

That's true, the Jedi Knight series has to be one of the best Star Wars games I've ever played that's for sure. Definitely have my vote for that developer.
MawDrallin
Private Third Class
Games I'm Playing :: BF2-EAW-RC

Post by MawDrallin »

Since the "Halo" series of games is so popular, perhaps Bungie would be a good choice to make BF3. But I wouldn't be suprised if Rebellion did Battlefront 3, seeing as how LA has trusted them with the two lastest entries into the Battlefront series.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

THEWULFMAN wrote:Dice is a far better choice
THEWULFMAN wrote:On a related theme, the last thing I'd want is for EA to publish it.
:o Except DICE (aka E.A. Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment) is a subsidiary of Electronic Arts. :?