Assassin's Creed III

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Assassin's Creed III

Post by DeathRow »

They had to link up America sometime during the series as Desmond is American. The choice of the American Revolution is definitely an interesting one as it is rarely seen in games. Also, a lot of the screen shots show forests and cliffs which are different from the normal massive cities. I am so excited to how these new landscapes play out for the native American assassin.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

If you have time to read an article, a lot of new info was obtained from a leaked online issue of that GI feature
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/7 ... -revealed/

MAJOR SPOILER ALERT
Hidden/Spoiler:
A ton of new Assassin's Creed 3 details have leaked all over the Internets, so we now know a lot about the game. The details are ripped from the April issue of Game Informer magazine, a digital version of which appeared online, and was posted on NEOGaf, as well as PS3Trophies.com, so this isn't officially released information on Assassin's Creed 3. But here's what we know... Spoilers, Ahoy:

The hero is named Connor/Ratohnhake:ton (pronounced Ra-doon-ha-gay-doo). He's half English and half Mohawk Indian. You will experience Connor's childhood on the frontier. The Mohawk clash with white colonists who burn their village down, causing Connor to dedicate his life to confronting tyranny and injustice. The overall story is still centered around the Assassins versus the Templars and Connor's journey.

The game is set between the years 1753-1783 around Boston and New York. You'll meet George Washington -- one of the game's main characters -- as well as Ben Franklin, who is apparently not a "convenient inventor" like da Vinci in past Assassin's Creed games. Another main character is the mysterious Charles Lee. We don't know anything about him at all.

Here are some of the events we can expect: "You will see the great fire of New York. You will visit Valley Forge as a location that is currently occupied by Washington's forces. You will visit these places in the moment that they were important."

A lot of the actual gameplay centers on The Frontier, a huge area of wilderness that is 1.5 times bigger than all of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. When in the frontier, you'll meet up with all kinds of gameplay elements, including hunting and pelt gathering (shades of Red Dead Redemption), and villages -- Colonial and Native American alike. The wilderness traversal plays a big part in the gameplay in the Frontier. You use trees, cliffs, ledges, and more to set up kills and combat. Connor does have a hidden blade.

The city scenes are more detailed than previous Assassin's Creed games, with full crowds of people doing different, mundane tasks, and the city seeming to react to players' actions.

Here are some nitty-gritty gameplay details:

Leveling System:

"Imagine a leveling system in an RPG, except there's a finite amount of XP to find. The more in-sync you get, the more you fill your sync bar. Within each mission, each activity you complete has a value". You can replay everything to increase your score.

There is reportedly something resembling the Brotherhood system of picking up fellow assassins. Aligned groups are gone, but something new is replacing them in regards to factions. There's a new notoriety system that is more hidden and doesn't penalize you for exploring risky areas. The game has fast travel because the game has more traveling. It's a huge map.

Multiplayer: No word yet on the multiplayer.

Combat:

- The tomahawk and knife are a "constant presence" in battle. They let you do double counters and multiple takedowns, as well as chain kills.
- There's no more target locking. Counter/defense are the same button to prevent defensive turtling.
- You can use human shields and other context sensitive moves.
- There are lots of secondary attacks like the one shot pistol on the Y button.
- There's a new dynamic camera to track the action and make it look as cinematic as possible.
- There is a new sprinting system also, so you can hold the button to instantly turn around and start fleeing from combat. They also let you kill people while still moving so you can keep chasing a target.

How's that for a comprehensive look at the game? This coming Monday morning, you'll get your first real look at the game when the Assassin's Creed 3 trailer is released.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

http://games.ign.com/articles/121/1219799p1.html

IGN is streaming the announcement or trailer on Monday.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

ANNOUNCEMENT TRAILER:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSa0Xg-YadY

"The American Colonies, 1775. As a Native American warrior fights to protect his land and his people, he will ignite the flames of a young nation's revolution."

I'm also reading that it's been confirmed that there will be enemies on all sides (British, American, French), but I have yet to tie down a source.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:ANNOUNCEMENT TRAILER:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSa0Xg-YadY

"The American Colonies, 1775. As a Native American warrior fights to protect his land and his people, he will ignite the flames of a young nation's revolution."

I'm also reading that it's been confirmed that there will be enemies on all sides (British, American, French), but I have yet to tie down a source.

Wow. You caught that fast. I was the 305th view thanks to you.

It looks very interesting, and am eager to know more about whom I'd be fighting.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

It was a pretty good trailer. Don't know if I'm down with Washington's voice yet, but I think I will later on. Cool seeing out free running in trees will kind of look.

Also other big note: It's coming out on WiiU.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

@WULF: It's a common YouTube bug, *I* was the 305th viewer. View counts of popular videos stick around 300 until the views slow down enough for YouTube to update it properly.

@Target: Yeah, I wasn't too keen of his voice, either. And I hate to say it, but the trailer as a whole almost lacked the emotional appeal that the previous 2 trailers had. Then again, we don't know much about the character, so that could very well be why. I guess it is sorta reminiscent of the AC1 and AC2 trailers. We don't know his name, it shows where he's fighting and how he gets around, and it shows off a new weapon. That's about it, though. I'm kind of hoping there's another trailer for E3, as this one was fairly short compared to other game trailers nowadays (especially for such a popular franchise), but I also kinda doubt there will be one.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:@WULF: It's a common YouTube bug, *I* was the 305th viewer. View counts of popular videos stick around 300 until the views slow down enough for YouTube to update it properly.

Huh. Never knew that, get that fixed Google! Anyway, thanks for the info.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

@Twi: It's the first trailer so it's a decent start. We'll get more engaging ones down the line. I think we're getting accustomed to AWESOME TRAILERS left and right and forget it's a newly announced title and we're slowly building hype for it. We could have gotten stuck with a teaser where it was Conner just running and jump to ambush a convey and fade to the logo and release date. No doubt there will be a E3 one.

I find it easy to feel eehhh about Washington's voice, but I can't form the words of what I actually expected or want. So I won't complain.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Best part is, I think that was done in-engine. The slight blockiness of everything makes me think that has to be the case, and that just looked beautiful.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Hah, yessss. That's amazing. I just preordered it, and now I will have the preorder tin sitting next to me, taunting me, for 6 months.
Lephenix
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Becoming a Concept Artist-Illustrator

Post by Lephenix »

THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I like it. A lot. :shock:
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

This looks amazing :thumbs: That being said I promised myself no more preorders. I'm not even preordering Halo 4.

I'm also a bit burnt out on the series. I LOVED AC2 and really liked Brotherhood a lot, but Revalations just wasn't as fun as the other Ezio games.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Teancum wrote:I'm also a bit burnt out on the series. I LOVED AC2 and really liked Brotherhood a lot, but Revalations just wasn't as fun as the other Ezio games.
I feel that way, too, but on the other hand, they've been working on this game at the same time that they were working on Brotherhood and Revelations, so I have faith that the time and effort they've put into this project will more than make up for the disappointment I felt in Revelations.

On a slightly tangential subject, what's wrong with preorders?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Nothing inherently. I've just come to realize that I really don't need to play a game on release day. Having a mortgage, wife, and two kids does that to you. :D
computergeek
General
General
Projects :: Halo Warthog vehicle for SWBF2
Games I'm Playing :: Bioware RPGs - Halo

Post by computergeek »

lucasfart
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by lucasfart »

This looks like its gonna be awesomely fun!

High-Sea Battles, New Cover Mechanics, Brotherhood’s Replacement