Your list of favourite video game characters

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Your list of favourite video game characters

Post by Labj »

Please specify the game they are from.

My list:

1. John 117 - Halo: Original Trilogy and Reclaimer Trilogy
2. Revan - Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic & The Old Republic
3. Marcus Fenix - Gears of War trilogy
4. Boss - Star Wars: Republic Commando
5. Alcatraz - Crysis 2 & 3
6. John Forge - Halo: Wars
7. John Mactavish - Modern Warfare
8. The Rookie - Halo 3: ODST
9. Commander Shepard - Mass Effect trilogy
10. Jorge 052: Halo: Reach

Also, i would like to make some commments about some of them, basically trying to explain why i picked them for my list, but you dont really have to do it if you wish.

- John 117: Fearless. Epic Quotes. Protagonist of my favourite game. Likely inmortal. Faceless.
- Revan: Great character. Saved the republic. Sacrified a lot. (Lame death, BTW)
- Marcus Fenix: Fearless. Human personallity.
- Boss: Awesome leader.
- Alcatraz: Fearless. Awesome silent character. Faceless.
- John Forge: Renegade. Sacrified himself.
- Jhon Mactavish: Great leader.
- The Rookie: Silent Covenant unaugmented nightmare. Faceless.
- Commander Shepard: Fearless. Has feelings.
- Jorge 052: Fearless. Sacrified himself. Was on my favourite cutscene ever.
Ping
Sith
Sith

Re: Your list of favourite video game characters

Post by Ping »

-Kyle Katarn - (Dark Forces series) He's the Chuck Norris of Star Wars. Need I say more?
-HK-47 - (KOTOR) Probably self-explanatory, but he's got some of the best quotes I've ever heard in a video game. :P
-QQQ - (F-Zero GX) This is mostly just because I like his car; it looks like a tank! Shame he's so difficult to unlock.
-PJ - (F-Zero GX) Again, this just because I like the vehicle, since it would be kind of fun going at about Mach 1 in a taxi. :P
SpartanA259
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Orion City
xbox live or psn: Steam: [404] Ash

Post by SpartanA259 »

Viktor Reznov - COD World at War
Carter-A259 - Halo Reach
RC-1207 "Sev" - Republic Commando
John "soap" MacTavish - COD Modern Warfare
Sgt. Roebuck - World at War
Sgt. Frank Woods - COD Black Ops
Last edited by SpartanA259 on Fri May 04, 2012 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Link - Legend of Zelda (my first non-kiddie video game was Ocarina of Time)
Dry Bones - Mario series (specifically, Mario Kart DS. That's where the obsession started. Because of the Dry Bomber)
Spy Fox - Spy Fox games (old kid's game series. Point and click adventure games. Good times)
Red - Pokemon Red (Because who doesn't like Red?)
Ezio Auditore - Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood, and Revelations (because he's awesome and I love that game)
Scorch - Republic Commando (I mean, c'mon. He and Sev were awesome)
Sev - Republic Commando (I mean, c'mon. He and Scorch were awesome)
Atton Rand - KotOR2 (I dunno why, I just always thought Atton was cool)

There are more, but I got sidetracked so I'm posting what I have
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

Sam(Serious Sam) - The deepest and most touching dialogues I've ever heard. His voice goes right into your heart. Just thinking about it sets me into a deep state of melancholy.

Yeah.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

Commander Shepard (Mass Effect) - You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard.
Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect) - He is the Batman of Mass Effect.
Thane Krios (Mass Effect) - Terminally ill assassin. Need I say more?
Legion (Mass Effect) - Does this unit have a soul?
Tali'Zorah Vas Normandy (Mass Effect) - Nerdy alien girl who kicks some major butt.
Ezio Auditore da Firenze (Assassin's Creed) - First, C-c-c-combo breaker! Also he is pretty awesome.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

:| Thanks Labj, for making this topic. There just went my evening, night, and morning. :P

Listing them in order would be nearly impossible, so I'll just list them randomly. I'll put the game (or games) that made me love the character in parentheses, and describe why I like a character if I can.

- Chell (Portal 2) Stoic, brave, smart, and never gives up.
- Jeff 'Joker' Moreau (Mass Effect 2) Funny, and loyal to Shepard.
- Faith (Mirror's Edge)
- Kyle Katarn (Jedi Knight 2) Brave, funny, determined, and powerful.
- Gordon Freeman (Half Life 2) Unwavering bravery, and determination in the face of certain death.
- Alyx Vance (Half Life 2: Episode One) Intelligent, funny, and loyal to Gordon.
- John-117 (Halo: Trilogy) Yeah, I don't really need to say do I?
- Cortana (Halo: Trilogy) Smart, funny, loyal to John.
- Fawkes (Fallout 3) A super mutant who defied the preset mold, and sought knowledge and didn't want to fight and kill for no reason. Loyal to the Lone Wanderer.
- Commander Shepard (Mass Effect) Brave, stoic, funny, and fearless. And Diet Coca-Cola, IT'S COMMANDER SHEPARD.
- Liara T'soni (Mass EffecT) She's smart, intelligent, compassionate, and very loyal to Shepard.
- Garrus Vakarian (Mass Effect) Gallant, alien Batman(Diet Dr. Pepper Fluffy, Diet Dr. Pepper! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ), funny, and very loyal to Shepard.
- Urdnot Wrex (Mass Effect) Intelligent, willing to adapt to save his species, funny, and fearless (well, he's afraid of needles).
- Samara (Mass Effect 2) Smart, powerful, highly determined, willing to do anything to bring justice, loyal to Shepard(assuming Shepard is paragon)
- Mordin Solus (Mass Effect 2) Very smart, funny, sings, willing to do the hard things, but feel remorse as well.
- Tali'Zorah vas Normandy (Mass Effect) She has a shotgun.
- Jack (Mass Effect 2) Tortured soul, brave, funny, and loyal to Shepard.
- Legion (Mass Effect 2) @Fluffy: The answer to your question, was yes.
- Thane Krios (Mass Effect 2)
- Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
- GLaDOS (Portal 2) Caroline, a woman driven insane during the process to turn her into GLaDOS, smart, funny, loves cake.
- Wheatley (Portal 2) Lovable idiot, funny, but loses credit for the betrayal though.
- Steve Cortez (Mass Effect 3) Kinda random, but something about him was great. I always befriend him on my playthroughs.
- EDI, or the Enhanced Defense Intelligence (Mass Effect 2) She's a great character overall. Loyal, very funny, smart, and can kick some Diet Coca-Cola.
- Galen Marek (The Force Unleashed) This is almost a guilty pleasure, I know the stories aren't that great. Defiant against Vader, brave, and powerful.
- Paarthunax (Skyrim) An ancient dragon, powerful, very wise, and loves to talk.

There's plenty more, but frankly I have stuff to do! :runaway:

If you noticed the running theme, if you're smart, funny, brave, and loyal, you're aces in my books.
Last edited by THEWULFMAN on Fri May 04, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

THEWULFMAN wrote:- Legion (Mass Effect 2) @Fluffy: The answer to your question, was yes.
**ME3 Spoiler**
Hidden/Spoiler:
That and Mordin's deaths leave me sad and full of goosebumps just thinking about them.
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

THEWULFMAN wrote:Paarthunax (Skyrim)
Had to. :P

Aside from many already mentioned, I do rather like Liara. I'm surprised no one's mentioned her. There's also G-Man, and Alyx Vance of HL2 and Ep2 (in addition to the one in Ep1, listed by Wulfman).
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Fluffy_the_ic wrote:
THEWULFMAN wrote:- Legion (Mass Effect 2) @Fluffy: The answer to your question, was yes.
**ME3 Spoiler**
Hidden/Spoiler:
That and Mordin's deaths leave me sad and full of goosebumps just thinking about them.
**ME3 Spoiler**
Hidden/Spoiler:
Actually Legion's death was unjustified and a rather stupid plot point to me. Mordin's felt like it has purpose, and his death made sense. Legion had to disseminate his personality? What in the actual Diet Dr. Pepper? But yes, their deaths made me sad as well.
Fiodis wrote:I do rather like Liara. I'm surprised no one's mentioned her.

WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME?! :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

She's literally one of my favorite Mass Effect Trilogy characters, and my favorite love interest. I can not believe I didn't include her on my list! She's smart, intelligent, compassionate, and very loyal to Shepard. I do not understand why she wasn't on my list. Anyway, thanks for reminding me.
MawDrallin
Private Third Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF2-EAW-RC

Post by MawDrallin »

-Sev (RC): His bloodthirsty humor still makes me laugh everytime I play it.
-Scorch (RC): Clone trooper meets C-3PO. Need I say more?
-Kyle Katarn (Jedi Outcast): Chuck Norris + lightsaber = ownage
-Sgt. Hawkins (CoD 2: Big Red One): Fearless leader of a squad of GI's. Not to mention awesome quotes.
-Jak (Jak II & Jak III): If you've played either game, I don't need to tell you why he's on my list.
-Viktor Resnov (Black Ops): A very interesting character, with some awesome quotes.
Fingerfood
Sith
Sith

Post by Fingerfood »

ANDEWEGET wrote:Sam(Serious Sam) - The deepest and most touching dialogues I've ever heard. His voice goes right into your heart. Just thinking about it sets me into a deep state of melancholy.

Yeah.
I was going to go into elaborate detail about many characters that admire and inspire me, however this truly encompasses all my feelings and could not have been worded any more perfectly. This truly is the epitome of my feelings, emotions, thoughts and desires.
Ninja
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Ghostmark

Post by Ninja »

Daxter (Jak series)- He gets all the funny jokes
Sully (Uncharted series)- He also gets all the funny jokes

Michael Ford (The Conduit/NOT Conduit 2)- Watch the first 30 seconds of this video: Click Me!

also rocket racer is pretty sick
AhsokaTano
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: Kamino Training Map.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 2 Skyrim SWTOR
xbox live or psn: ZunaSW

Post by AhsokaTano »

I have a lot of favourite characters of videogames:

- Ulfric Stormcloak (Skyrim) He wants to save Skyrim for the imperials, and a lot of things.
- Reaver (Fable II and III) I really like this character, is very funny his speak form and his actions.
- Theresa (Fable TLC. II and III) I like this character for her actions and because she helps the hero.
- Dovahkiin, the character of Skyrim, i say the character who wears a iron helmet, etc, Dovahkiin of the trailer of Skyrim.
- Jack of Blades (Fable TLC) I love this character, is the perfect character for Fable.
- Satele Shan (SWTOR)
- Boss (Republic Commando)
- Galmar First Stone, i think it is write First Stone in English. (Skyrim)
- Woods and Reznov (Call of Duty Black Ops)
Last edited by AhsokaTano on Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

AhsokaTano wrote:- Dovahkiin, the character of Skyrim, i say the character who wears a iron helmet, etc, Dovahkiin of the trailer of Skyrim.
Heh. I lost interest in it, but I started a Dovahkiin playthrough, taking screenshots as I went. I uploaded some of them to the Skyrim Nexus. Here they are.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I found out about the Console Command tfc 1 last week, so I could take better screenshots now. I should get back to it sometime.
AhsokaTano
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: Kamino Training Map.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF 2 Skyrim SWTOR
xbox live or psn: ZunaSW

Post by AhsokaTano »

THEWULFMAN wrote:
AhsokaTano wrote:- Dovahkiin, the character of Skyrim, i say the character who wears a iron helmet, etc, Dovahkiin of the trailer of Skyrim.
Heh. I lost interest in it, but I started a Dovahkiin playthrough, taking screenshots as I went. I uploaded some of them to the Skyrim Nexus. Here they are.
Hidden/Spoiler:
I found out about the Console Command tfc 1 last week, so I could take better screenshots now. I should get back to it sometime.
Yes, I also did that, he was my first character, then I made "Echo" and last "Zuna". But the difference of my Dovahkiin and the character of the trailer is the sword, my Dovahkiin has a katana.
I use tfc for screenshots of my mods and screenshots of my character. It is very useful.
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by minilogoguy18 »

Kreia - KotOR 2
Solid Snake - Metal Gear series
Kain - Legacy of Kain series
Kyle Katarn - Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series (only if you ignore the terrible story of JA)
Jerec - Dark Forces series
Desaan - Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast (Physically overpowering, intimidating yet highly intelligent)

Saying Revan was light in the post above makes no sense unless you ignore KotOR 2 and take that terrible MMO they made into account.
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

KotOR 2 left it to the player to decide whether Revan was light or dark. The canon ending of KotOR 1 is light.

There're too many to not forget some... so... here's a few...

Jaden Korr - JKA
Bastilla Shan, Revan, HK-47 - KotOR
Atton Rand, Visas Marr, HK-47 - KotOR II
Delta Squad - RC
Every character I've played a little of in TOR so far (Trooper, Knight, Consular, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter) - TOR
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

In no order

Legion (Mass Effect) - For a better-than-HK47 performance
Ezio (Assassin's Creed) - For being able to be with him from his teenage years to old age
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider series) - For being tough, but with glamor. Yeah, she's good looking, too.
Kyle Katern (Jedi Knight series) - For being my favorite gray jedi.
Ghost Rider (Marvel Ultimate Alliance/Marvel vs Capcom 3) - Because he's amazing in both games.
Batman (Arkham games) - need I say more?
Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark) - see Lara Croft
DeathSpank (DeathSpank series) - A smart alec, a vain hero and a complete idiot: what's not to love?
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Heroes:

Luigi (Super Mario Bros.)
For the longest time he was one of my mains in Smash Bros., and I still use him in Brawl. The Mario and Luigi series made him even better.

Samus (Metroid)
A strong female character that didn't fall to any of the stupid tropes, she just did what needed to be done. Well, at least until Other M. Thebabythebabythebaby.

Master Chief (Halo)
He kills aliens and doesn't afraid of anything.

Bill (Left 4 Dead)
The most likable of all the characters in the game. He's the crotchety old man with the crotchety old plan.

Megaman (Megaman 1-10)
There is nothing cooler for a boy growing up than a robot that changes colors and can fire saw-blades from his arm.

Villains:

Kamon/Silver (Pokemon Gold and Silver)
The ultimate jerk. Also he uses a team very similar to my ideal team which worries me.

SA-X (Metroid Fusion)
Hidden/Spoiler:
Ganon(dorf) (Legend of Zelda)
I won't go into much considering Skyward is still new, but why he exists was a really cool addition to the story. Also, that scene in OoT when he turns into Ganon. You know which one because if you ever reached it it's burned into your memory.

Zero(Two) (Kirby)
When I was growing up, things that were surprisingly dark and gruesome compared the rest of the game were pretty cool. A giant bleeding eyeball that controlled other eyes made of dark matter was perfect for the usually lighthearted Kirby series. Also the fight with his reborn form in Crystal Shards was probably the best thing I've seen on the N64.

Andross
He gets a mention because of a bad pun that you can only witness on the hard path. Seeing as SF64 3D is still kind of new, I won't spoil it.