Your list of favourite video game characters

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Your list of favourite video game characters

Post by minilogoguy18 »

kinetosimpetus wrote:KotOR 2 left it to the player to decide whether Revan was light or dark. The canon ending of KotOR 1 is light.

There're too many to not forget some... so... here's a few...

Jaden Korr - JKA
Bastilla Shan, Revan, HK-47 - KotOR
Atton Rand, Visas Marr, HK-47 - KotOR II
Delta Squad - RC
Every character I've played a little of in TOR so far (Trooper, Knight, Consular, Smuggler, Bounty Hunter) - TOR
You NEED to play the other Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games if you think Jaden was a good character, that game was a shame compared to the rest in terms of story. Best multiplayer engine though.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

The problem, Minilogoguy, is that opinions can't be wrong. You can disagree with it, sure.

I kinda felt JKA had a weak story, but I still loved the game despite that. Kinetos however has the right to like the character. Other games won't make Jaden worse.

JKA gave us something that was rare at the time. You could choose your species, gender, appearance, saber and your combat style. This helped us forge Jaden into our own character. Heck, in KotOR you could only choose your gender, you had to be human. This helps the player identify with the character more, thus making the player like the character more despite the writing. We could create our own Jaden. This is one of the reasons Mass Effect is so great, as we create our own Shepard.

In this sense, I always really liked Jaden.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

Post by RevanSithLord »

(In no particular order despite being numbered. Just numbering for list sake.)

1. Gordon Freeman (Half Life series) Come on, he's a theoretical physicist who runs around beating alien faces in with a crowbar whilst wearing, essentially orange metal pajamas. Also the goatee. Need I say more? Plus I'm a bit disappointed he was only mentioned once in this thread.
2. John-117 (Halo series) Overhyped, but rather memorable from my childhood.
3. Baurus (The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion) He seemed cool. Probably my favorite among the characters other than Uriel Septim.
4. Uriel Septim (The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, voiced by Patrick Stuart) The only one that didn't seem completely rude to me. Actually gave me a chance. Everyone else either didn't trust me or wanted to cut off my head for whatever reason.
5. Kyle Katarn (Dark Forces 1, 2, JKO, JKA) As stated.....Chuck Norris of Star Wars.
6. Marcus Fenix (Gears of War 1, 2, 3) Great lines. Kicks serious butt.
7. Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark series) Pretty much one of the few games I'd enjoy playing as a girl. Perfect Dark 64. Brings back memories. A bit cliche, but I don't care.
8. Captain Price (CoD series) There's been many of these in many of the CoD games. 1, 2, 4, MW2, if I missed any let me know, but the Price family line...let's just say I find the tradition of mustaches a bit amusing and interesting.
9. Maximilian Payne (Max Payne series) Probably one of my favorite detectives.
10. Commander Shepard (Mass Effect series) I think this has been covered here.
11. Victor Troska (Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis: Resistance) A man who got forced into war against the USSR as a leader of the resistance after the USSR invaded his homeland. Look him up.
12. Revan (KotOR era) Look at my name.
13. Sev (Republic Commando) Love his armor and also his blood thirstiness.
14. Scorch (Republic Commando) My favorite comic relief character.
15. Fixer (Republic Commando) Great at fixing things, as the name implies, plus...humor.
16. Boss (Republic Commando) Temeura Morrison. Need I say more?
17. The Exile (KotOR era) Wish more was fleshed out, but as my own character, pretty much made her/him awesome.
18. Atton (KotOR era) A bit of a dirtbag, but his humor keeps me going.
19. Carth (KotOR era) No real reason, I just like him.
20. Lt. James "Jimmy" Steven Patterson (Medal of Honor series) Mute, but the experiences he gave me...awesome.
21. Colonel Stanley Hargrove (Medal of Honor series) OSS Senior Member. Always nice to hear his voice. It was soothing and reassuring in mission briefings.
22. Agent 47 (Hitman series) Don't mess with him, or you be dead...or knocked out. Baldness leads to greatness. Is that how that saying goes?

Umm, is it okay to add onto my list if I remember more of my favorites? I'm kind of tired.
GangsterJawa
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
Location: In the refrigerator, behind the mayonnaise, next to the ketchup, and to the left of the coleslaw

Post by GangsterJawa »

Just a few, I have more but the ones that come to mind are:

Canderous Ordo, KotOR: By far the most useful companion in the game, got through my second playthrough pretty much exclusively using him as melee tank and I pretty much never died. Also his character is pretty awesome.

HK-47: Only reason he's behind Canderous is that he's not as useful in combat; out of combat he is my favorite character in the game with his dialogue.

Cho'Gath, League of Legends: For a game with skin-and-bones backstory, the gameplay of a giant alien monster walking around feasting on people is pretty dang fun.
GeoLitch
Games I'm Playing :: kotor kotor2 swbf2

Post by GeoLitch »

1.HK-47:(KOTOR 1&2) I love him in both of them, just the things he says especially when you get him to speak about his companions in kotor 2 (he impersonates bastilla & carth) :lol:
2.Captain Price (COD 4 onwords) I just like him.
3.SGT. Johnson (Halo) Funny through out the game.
4.Revan (KOTOR 1&2) I love it in Kotor when you realise you were him.