The Elder Scrolls Online

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

The Elder Scrolls Online

Post by DeathRow »

Well well well, what do we have here? An Elder Scrolls MMO?

Thats right! Not much information has been released about it, but apparently you can travel to all different parts of Tamriel including Skyrim, Morrowind and Cyrodiil. It is also set a millennium before the events of Skyrim when the daedric prince, Molag Bal tries to consume all of Tamriel into his realm.

The announcement trailer is here, voiced by Dumbledore himself:

Also, there as been a screenshot released:
Hidden/Spoiler:
GameInformer seem to be the most up-to-date with the MMO, considering it will be the cover of their June issue so here is the Hub which will be updated regularly:
http://www.gameinformer.com/p/elderscrollsonline.aspx
That link also contains the announcement article, which provides some information.

Now, what do you think? Personally I wish that Bethesda and ZeniMax had stayed with the Singleplayer RPG genre instead, but a small part of me has always wanted to play Elder Scrolls games online with friends. Bethesda has always had really deep lore within their games, and hopefully they wont drop/bend that lore to fit in with this MMO. So yay or nay?
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Re: The Elder Scrolls Online

Post by guru »

i like this alot, kinda been waiting for something new in the mmo realm, i need a reason to leave my 10 year addiction of everquest. its so ugly but hey its F2p now ;)

im guessing this title is years out until playtime but its still awesome!
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

I like the idea of having an Elder Scrolls with multiplayer, but I was thinking co-op, not an MMO. I do not like the appearance so far. That's all I can judge it by.
DeathRow
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: None.
Games I'm Playing :: Life

Post by DeathRow »

Its supposed to be about next year actually, so that's a plus.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

On the plus side, it sounds like a good idea. I knew the series had excellent groundwork for a MMO.

On the downside, I'm not a MMO person. :? So I won't be playing most likely.

Thanks for the info either way, Deathrow.
lucasfart
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by lucasfart »

I'm not much of an online fan. I never play online games, due to my internet connection, and the fact that not many of my friends are into this kinda stuff. :( So I'm not a big fan of this idea - I think they should have made it singleplayer, but with the option to do stuff online/with friends. I don't know how feasible that is, but i hate these type of games. That's just a personal opinion though.

On another note, is there going to be any new environments, or is it just a remake of all the old ones? If so, I don't mind so much cause I know I'm not missing out on much. :P
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

if its anything like all the new mmos it will have instances instead of a massive world of active players so essentially its a micro mmo where you and up to 200 peeps can run around and chat and fight together. star wars mmo was a fail for me for this same reason, every time i get higher level my server would go dead making it worthless to be keep playing, instances make it feel like 5 people are playing, that blows. I logged in 4 minutes ago to a 13 year old mmo everquest and there are 250 people playing in one zone and there are 100s of zones :) thats what im saying, it feel neat to run into someone and suddenly you can group up and play together. that never happened once in the new star wars mmo, swsnor, long story short i hope this new mmo , even if its recycling old content from previous bethesda titles , will come up with a new way to make the game feel massive, massive marketplace, make reasons for crafting, let people fish, farm and all the "i feel like im doing something other then grinding out crappy xp" rpg feelings. yea.