E3 preview and good video games

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

E3 preview and good video games

Post by Labj »

E3 preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6nga90xh48

Schedule:

June 4th, 9:30 a.m.
- Halo 4
- Black Ops II

June 4th, 6:00 p.m.
- PSV
- Black Ops II
- Assassins Creed III
- inFamous 2
- The Last of Us
- God of War: Ascension
- Play Station All-Stars Battle Royale

June 5th, 9:00 a.m.
- Wii U
- Nintendo 3DS

Games that are going to pwn IMO (2012-2013)

Black Ops II
Assassins Creed 3
Halo 4 (Going to buy)
Prey 2 (Going to buy)
God of War: Ascension
The Last of Us
Crysis 3 (Going to buy)
Bioshock: Infinite (Going to buy)
Dead Space 3 or prequel (Would buy, but i dont have diapers)
Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (2 days left, going to buy)

Do you think Lucas Arts will announce anything this year? I want Battlefront 3 or Imperial commando (if they ever realize it was one of their best games)
Fluffy_the_ic
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief
Projects :: astrally
xbox live or psn: fluffytherc

Re: E3 preview and good video games

Post by Fluffy_the_ic »

I'm mostly excited to see AC3, Halo 4, Dishonored, and Dawnguard.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Ghost Recon comes out before E3, why would it be there unless they have a teaser for upcoming dlc?

I certainly hope LA announces or teases something because they have nothing. They have dropped off the radar for a long time. At this point I think it's a higher chance of it being Imp Commandos. But hopefully something.

I'm excited to see what the final details on the WiiU are and which games are coming at launch. Maybe MAYBE a new Smash Bros teaser.

The biggest thing I want out of E3 is awesome new announcements and games not only for this year, but for the next two years. I want to get excited for something down the road.
Lephenix
Captain
Captain
Projects :: Becoming a Concept Artist-Illustrator

Post by Lephenix »

Lucasarts will reveal something, but i don't know what.
Dohnutt
Hoth Battle Chief
Hoth Battle Chief

Post by Dohnutt »

Crysis 3 is exciting. I've grown to enjoy the two games.
MawDrallin
Private Third Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF2-EAW-RC

Post by MawDrallin »

I'm interested in Black Ops 2 and Assassin's Creed III, I'm hoping LA will reveal something good there, and I definately want to see the new Medal of Honor game.
Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

Imperial Commando would be nice. I hope that LA can get their stuff together and start making good games again.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Truth be told, I wouldn't be surprised if LucasArts revealed a Clone Wars or LEGO game, or another TFU game.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Another Clone Wars game? Maybe. TFU III was canceled though, it's not happening last I heard. It's probably (though not definitely)too early for another Lego game too, maybe next year.
Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Post by Labj »

Moving_Target wrote:Ghost Recon comes out before E3, why would it be there unless they have a teaser for upcoming dlc?
I am pretty sure i didnt put GR on the E3, but instead in the list of games that i think will be great. And GR:FS is a good game.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

THEWULFMAN wrote:too early for another Lego game too, maybe next year.
Travelling Tales has already confirmed LEGO Lord of the Rings, as well as LEGO Batman 2, so I expect to see those at E3, but I agree in that there's probably not going to be another LEGO Clone Wars game this year.

I actually don't expect that one until after the series finale. I mean, they MIGHT milk it and make two more games, but if season 3 brought the transition from phase 1 to phase 2 armor, and season 4 introduced phase 2 to all the clones, I expect season 6 might be our last. The Clone Wars only lasted so long.
So bearing that theory in mind, if they release another LEGO Clone Wars game next year, it's going to be post-season 5, and they'd have 1 season left over. It's more likely they'd just wait for that one season. Or, potentially, include the unreleased season 6 risk spoiling the last season like they did with Episode III in the first LEGO Star Wars game.
TK432
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by TK432 »

LucasArts is going to announce a new Star Wars franchise just a few days before E3. So no new TFU or LEGO Star Wars by the looks...neither SWBFIII though. I hope it's gonna be a more serious Star Wars game again.
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

Post by guru »

I feel like in a few years there will be Lego games for any movie they comes out... Legos firefly.... Lego hunger games... Lol I wOuld pay a jillion dollars to play Lego skyrim or Lego Everquest buhaha
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

TK432 wrote:LucasArts is going to announce a new Star Wars franchise just a few days before E3. So no new TFU or LEGO Star Wars by the looks...neither SWBFIII though. I hope it's gonna be a more serious Star Wars game again.
We really don't know what it's going to be. Remember that though Free Radical went into administration all of the art assets still belong to LucasArts. It's technically possible (though very unlikely) that they or another team have been working on it since under a new engine. I wouldn't say get your hopes up, but don't rule it out either.

In reality though I have no idea what they're going to do. Given that Star Wars titles have lost so much steam I can't imaging it'll be a space sim (too niche) or a game in certain parts of the EU (Thrawn Trilogy, Legacy, Yuuzhan Vong). No, I'm expecting yet another ho-hum Clone Wars game that I play through solely for the voice acting and cutscenes. (Yes, I played through Republic Heroes and Jedi Alliance.

Whatever the Star Wars game is I just want it to be fun, available on PC and consoles, and have online multiplayer. I'll be happy if those three criteria are met. :thumbs:
TK432
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Post by TK432 »

I wouldn't mind playing through yet another clone wars era game. Though i really hope it's not gonna be based on the tv series again. I'd really want to see a star wars game that has an older audience targeted. Gimme a good Star Wars game and I'm in, no matter what franchise.

On another note. I'm really looking forward to Halo 4's spartan ops missions. That sounds really promising. 343 has taken a huge risk cutting Firefight for it (they did right?).
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

guru wrote:Legos firefly....
Yes! :shock:
guru wrote:Lego skyrim
YES! Image
Teancum wrote:No, I'm expecting yet another ho-hum Clone Wars game that I play through solely for the voice acting and cutscenes. (Yes, I played through Republic Heroes and Jedi Alliance.

Heh. You're not alone. They didn't suck did they? They just weren't very good either. I'd like to see a game with the quality of a game like SWBF2 or Republic Commando, yet is in the Star Wars The Clone Wars franchise. I like the art style of the games, and the acting, just not the gameplay so much.

Oh well. I am eager for E3 this year though. I always am. I don't know why. Well, yes I do. I'm a gamer. So is pretty much everyone on this forum. Not really curious at all that I love E3. But anyway, I digress.

It's only a few more days away and we won't have to guess what LA is doing. Hope for the best, expect the worst I say.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Agreed with Tean, I think 1313 is just their project code name and nothing more.

Anyway, another thing I'm looking forward to is any more info Bethesda will be releasing about Skyrim's 'Dawnguard' DLC.
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Well that is exciting. I'm on the fence about this whole "LET'S REVEAL STUFF ON GT.TV BEFORE E3 STARTS." It kind of kills the excitement of it being you know revealed at the event.
computergeek
General
General
Projects :: Halo Warthog vehicle for SWBF2
Games I'm Playing :: Bioware RPGs - Halo

Post by computergeek »

Moving_Target wrote:I'm on the fence about this whole "LET'S REVEAL STUFF ON GT.TV BEFORE E3 STARTS." It kind of kills the excitement of it being you know revealed at the event.
Its interesting that they're doing it this way, but I don't really mind because we get information faster
Moving_Target
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by Moving_Target »

Very true, and now here's a chance to remind everyone that tomorrow at 1am if you're east coast USA GT.TV E3 episode will air and the star wars game will be revealed.

It is nice to have more information spread in different ways, I just find those announcements would be cooler if held off for actual E3.