Star Wars 1313 discussion

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cerfon Rournes
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: WIP. I will reveal what it is later on..
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2-SWRC
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Star Wars 1313 discussion

Post by Cerfon Rournes »

@disruptor pistol: Yeah, true.
I'm still not that crazy about the M rating, but hopefully the game is as good as it looks.
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

THEWULFMAN wrote:Actually, it looks like he has a disruptor pistol. Laser beam weapons like that have been in Star Wars games for like, a decade at least. So no, you're right, he isn't carrying a blaster pistol.
Disruptors are supposed to disintegrate the target; that one just leaves the bodies lying there. Granted, it may have only partially disintegrated him, but the bodies still look a bit too intact for that to have been a disruptor shot imo.

That said, towards the end, the shot that knocks the final one out of the ship does look like that high-powered disruptor rifle shot from JKA. In JKA that bolt would leave absolutely nothing behind; here it just gives him a push.
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

The disruptor in jka is a sniper rifle, so IMO the difference in power is acceptable assuming the pistol is a disruptor.
lucasfart
Sith
Sith
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by lucasfart »

If JKA is allowed as an example ( :P ), the disruptor rifle only disintegrates at full strength - otherwise, it just deals damage, which is what the video show.... Although JKA might be wrong as well, in which case you can ignore everything I said. :)
kinetosimpetus
Imperial Systems Expert
Imperial Systems Expert
Projects :: A secret project
Games I'm Playing :: Warframe STO

Post by kinetosimpetus »

Disruptors vary across existing games, too.

JKA = sniper/disintegrater
KotOR = standard blasters that pierce shields and increased damage to biologicals but decreased to droids
EAW:FOC = upgraded blasters that do a lot more damage to everything, but are totally ineffective against shielded units.
MawDrallin
Private Third Class
Games I'm Playing :: BF2-EAW-RC

Post by MawDrallin »

kinetosimpetus wrote:Not sure whether I should be excited for the game though since it sounds like it will be M instead of T, and I'd prefer T.
I'm of the same opinion, but I'll be fine with the rating if it's mainly just blood and gore. I would prefer they keep the profanity to a minimum, if any, and absolutely no nudity what-so-ever.
Fiodis
Master of the Force
Master of the Force
Projects :: Rannoch + Tientia + Tools Programming

Post by Fiodis »

kinetosimpetus wrote:KotOR = standard blasters that pierce shields and increased damage to biologicals but decreased to droids
EAW:FOC = upgraded blasters that do a lot more damage to everything, but are totally ineffective against shielded units.
Fiodis wanna see disintegrations... :(
MawDrallin wrote:I would prefer they keep the profanity to a minimum, if any
I would actually appreciate the attention to detail if it was Star-Wars-style profanity.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/index.ph ... ext=Search
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

I dont really care how much they swwar or how much nudity there is. Id like lightsabers to cut off arms etc tho. Like it was possible in Jedi Academy.
I think its a good sign that LA actually created a M game which shows that they know theres an older fanbasevfor Star Wars games. If this works out well maybe well see some more serious games in the future.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

I think the weapon is just a fast shooting blaster/laser gun, like in Shadows of the Empire: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNPAv-fy ... page#t=33s

Heck, the way the ammo reloads/recharges is even similar, as seen here in the 1313 gameplay video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... ltFo#t=61s
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by minilogoguy18 »

Probably gonna be just like TFU, bad story, linear gameplay, no replay value and they try to make up for all of that with visual effects.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

I'm kinda with Minilogoguy. I have a "hope for the best, expect the worst" kind of personality, though. I'll wait to see what it is actually like.
Labj
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: Halo 4
xbox live or psn: SiulS2409

Post by Labj »

To me it looks similar to Uncharted. And anyways, i got disapointed by LA once again, so one more year i wont be buying a new Star Wars game.
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Post by yuke5 »

Because this is a shooter with cover sliding and stuff, my guess is that there will be a competitive multiplayer. If you ask me, that is plenty of replay value, but only if multiplayer is actually implemented.
willinator
Major
Major
Projects :: [Coming of the Sentinels]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 Minecraft Halo
xbox live or psn: PC pwns all!

Post by willinator »

Sorry Yuke, Star Wars 1313 will strictly be a single-person game.
yuke5
Field Commander
Field Commander
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 TF2 RC KOTOR
xbox live or psn: My steam is yuke5.

Post by yuke5 »

Ah, I wasn't aware. It's a shame that lucasarts would shut a door like that. There would be so much potential. Well, even if the campaign is a little short, it isn't a HUGE deal. I mean, Republic Commando's campaign was short, but the game is still held in very high esteem. And earlier iterations of Mass Effect didn't have multiplayer either, right (I may be wrong about this, though.)
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

willinator wrote:Sorry Yuke, Star Wars 1313 will strictly be a single-person game.
Where was this info? I have heard no such thing.
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Offtopic: Yes, Yuke, Mass Effect™ and Mass Effect 2™ did not have any kind of multiplayer. Even though I think Co-Op with up to three players would have been great for any of the three games, but they wasted that opportunity.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

Don't think of Mass Effect sans co-op as a wasted opportunity, think of it as a budget killer. To have to allow for both scripted friendly AI and co-operative human players could be incredibly daunting. Think of how many events require the AI to do things, and aside from that how would you have conversations with your team?
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Alright, so maybe it would have been too tough for them to allow for co-op, even though I can't quite see why that is such a big deal. Then again, I am kinda stupid. However, I would think only Shepard would have any dialogue choices, so that is a somewhat moot argument against the concept. Or, OR, allow for your squad members to have dialogue choices too! LOL, just kidding on that one. Even little ol' stupid me knows that would just require a lot more dialogue and plot values, which is time and money.

Actually, during combat there are few times where Shepard starts talking to his squad and dialogue choices are involved. Generally you just see/hear them do it.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

Anyway, as mentioned earlier, Republic Commando was a great game. It didn't have co-op, but it did have a mediocre multiplayer option. If it didn't have one, I wouldn't probably mind. And Star Wars games way back in the day didn't have either of these things or one of the two, yet they were still fun. So maybe this 1313 game is like that...