Rare Games

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Re: Rare Games

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Off-topic: @Rare. Oh they're the ones who did the games Perfect Dark and Perfect Dark: Zero. I've heard good things about them and would love to try them out. Too bad I never had an N64 nor do I have an Xbox 360. Hmm... I should probably use Project64 and try out Perfect Dark.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

minilogoguy18 wrote:I own quite a few "rare" games

Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
The two best games in the Jedi Knight series, hands down. JO and JA were great, but nothing beats the LucasArts-developed JK games.
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by minilogoguy18 »

^This, we're probably the few who can appreciate it, too many young kids on these boards where in their generation visuals are put ahead of plot, story, game play and setting. The live action cutscenes in Jedi Knight were probably the best part about it. Jedi Outcast was really good though, SP campaign was challenging the first time through, hated Nar Shadaa because of all the snipers but Jedi Academy SP was really lacking.

I did also play Battle for Naboo Ping, I just no longer own it, I even had the RAM expansion in my N64 which no one else i knew had unless they bought the transparent green DK bundle.

I have loads of roms of old games too but I only count actually owning the game in it's original case and form with the book.

Dragon Ball: Final Bout is easily the rarest one, in it's original case with book, all in Japanese. That game was like what the Budokai games were based on.

My buddy has 2 copies of the original Final Fantasy for the NES...