KotOR 2 now on Steam

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

KotOR 2 now on Steam

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/208580/

Yes folks, that's right, for only $10 (and I'm gonna guess $2.50 once Christmas comes around), you, too, can add TSL to your digital library. And for an added bonus, download the Content Restoration Mod, which takes content that was SUPPOSED to be included into the release of the game, and re-adds it, including (but not limited to) the HK-50 Factory, plenty more dialogue options and story elements, and literally hundreds of bug fixes since the last official update.
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer
Projects :: Rising Conflict CW v2.0
Games I'm Playing :: Skyrim TF2 FTL
xbox live or psn: Steam is Dreadnot9

Re: KotOR 2 now on Steam

Post by Dreadnot9 »

I just noticed this today and nearly leaped out of my chair, it was purchased soon after my heart returned to resting rate. I couldn't even wait for it to go on sale.
I loved KoTOR, and hopefully KoTORII is just as great.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Prepare to be disappointed...

Seriously, before you go in, I highly recommend just downloading that mod. It makes KotOR2 the game Obsidian WANTED to ship, rather than the game Obsidian rushed because LucasArts wanted it to ship.
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Dreadnot9 »

Twilight_Warrior wrote:Prepare to be disappointed...
Lowering expectations now, is it still a fun ride at the least?
Twilight_Warrior wrote:Seriously, before you go in, I highly recommend just downloading that mod. It makes KotOR2 the game Obsidian WANTED to ship, rather than the game Obsidian rushed because LucasArts wanted it to ship.
Where would be the best place to download (I'm away from my steam computer at the moment, and can't check if it's up on the workshop)? I heard about that in reviews, a whole planet was cut, the droid factory etc. I sounded like it could've been a great game.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Dreadnot9 wrote:
Twilight_Warrior wrote:Prepare to be disappointed...
Lowering expectations now, is it still a fun ride at the least?
Twilight_Warrior wrote:Seriously, before you go in, I highly recommend just downloading that mod. It makes KotOR2 the game Obsidian WANTED to ship, rather than the game Obsidian rushed because LucasArts wanted it to ship.
Where would be the best place to download (I'm away from my steam computer at the moment, and can't check if it's up on the workshop)? I heard about that in reviews, a whole planet was cut, the droid factory etc. I sounded like it could've been a great game.
Oh, it's fun alright. They significantly improved the combat system from the previous iteration. But the game as a whole is lackluster compared to the first.

And I don't think KotOR2 has a steam workshop, you'll have to download it from moddb
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-sith-lord ... mod-tslrcm
Dreadnot9
Chief Warrant Officer
Chief Warrant Officer

Post by Dreadnot9 »

Thanks! Once I get back to my gaming computer I'll be sure to download that before even starting the game up.
Well, even if it isn't as good as KoTOR (though it's tough for a game to live up to such a hit), it's probably worth the $10 on steam either way.
ANDEWEGET
Ancient Force
Ancient Force

Post by ANDEWEGET »

Bought it too. Read some articles about the content restore mod on RPS so I downloaded that. If it's just half as good as the first one I'm fine. :)