Everquest 2 v World of Warcraft ? (which 1 is best?)

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lord-Bandu

Everquest 2 v World of Warcraft ? (which 1 is best?)

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Ok Im gonna get a MMORPG but I dunno which 1 to get. I played SWG's for a while and was obssessed with it for a few months but the obssession died.....probably cos its a poor game ;).

So which is the best out of Everquest 2 and World of Warcraft? whta are the main differences, pro's ,con's? etc etc
guru
Jawa Admin
Jawa Admin
Projects :: swbf 1 vanilla
Games I'm Playing :: any mobile rpg

The guru Morpghmrogmg review.

Post by guru »

Do you got some time LB, pull up a chair!

world of warcraft = w.o.w.

A disney version of everquest without all the bugs. It runs nicely on most pcs with a 80$ video card or better, has lots to do but gets repeatative after 10 days of "do this quest , kill this mob, return with the sacred item" . Its so cookie cutter that I left the free demo 7 days early to go back to a game with depth (everquest 1). Wow doesnt allow for much customization of your character in the personal sense. You cant have a variable range of items at a certain level i.e. all druids are wearing this armor.. that staff etc... it feels shallow and after 10 days a waste of time. We went on a PvP server and were constantly defeated by players at 40 levels above us to the point is was a spawn die loop repeat. Good idea in many ways , love the bug free feel but after I spent 10 hours to spawn a druid quest mob and someone else killed it , I realized I had to repeat the entire 10 hour quest and instantly uninstalled the game. TOo many nice games out there to PAY for one that burns your life. Give it a year to settle and maybe they lower the cost. Its just barley worth playing and for $15 a month NO F>>>WAY.

Dungeons and Dragons online is coming out soon you may want to look into that. ddo.com

Everquest 2. Oh boy. Nimlot and I got into eq2 the day it came out, joined one of the 1st guilds and eventually i was leader. The game was impressive graphic wise till you start to realize all the characters in the land look the same. I mean literally everyone that is a certain class looks the same at most levels.Again like wow this game lacks depth, button mashers and greedy people only , lol.
You lose xp if you group and people die in the group , a real risk with non friends (in other words most grouping is pickup groups and you will spend hours finding a decent group). The pros, its georgeous if you run a $3500 PC(major memory leaks in the code) , music is nice, there is some stuff to do BUT it gets old at about 20th level. Mostly young players (the way rude immature types), not good players and greed makes this game not worth playing (people that make food and crafts are hording all the spots with tradeskill spawns). This is all my opinion but Ive been playing Morpg since they came out. It was a HUGE great idea , poorly exacuted and sony kinda left people hanging on this one with compatibility issues , zones and servers always down/dropping people from instances. Sometimes our groups would be forced to other zones while we were grouped , due to busy servers - It was like paying $15 a month to BETA a laggy game.

A free online Morpg is Knight Online. Its ok. glitchy and lots of "other world languages" in the game make it hard to group when there are 4 people from china and 2 from turkey. LOL. i would say its a bad everquest with lots of oversees folks looking to have fun.

Guild Wars.... its fun, very pretty Id say 10/10 for looks alone. Feels shallow like wow but is free online. Once you buy the game you can play non stop. Again max level is 20 so when you hit it. You uninstall it. Lots of whiners. Bad players were 50% sometimes you get a great group and play all night , then next day no one is grouping and little kids are spamming in chat. Tons of quests and areas to see but each out door area is instanced so your "alone" in an massive online game LOL. kinda pointless. When you enter a town its all the "massive part" but most of the time is people begging for stuff, selling stuff or some sort of "need".

Everquest 1 : I still play it nightly. Have over 500 friends and guild members. Its an old , ugly game. Has more glitches then any top 5 games combined, but its depth and ablity to "put YOU in the game" always makes me come back. You can get to level 70 which takes about a year for average players. Its not crowded anymore , no lag at all, mostly elite players and a 500% learning curve but once your past that the game still draws millions of players. Check the demo by googleing : escape to norrath. You can customize your character , be a killer or just bake things and sell them in the market. Choose to be alone with others or join a huge raid on a giant or whatever you want. Nothing Ive played (swg included) even comes close to Everquest decent players and REAL depth!
Lord-Bandu

RE: The guru Morpghmrogmg review.

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Thanks for the essay er I mean info ;)

I think Il stay clear of both games since SWG took over my life for a few months then I uninstalled it thro boredom.

I guess the idea of thousands of players playing in a virtual world is a good iea on paper but not in reality - not yet anyway.

Cheers matey