Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y

Post by CressAlbane »

Oh man. Have you got Porygon? When could we trade?
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Yeah, I have a few Porygon left. They aren't very good because of how genderless breeding works, but I can trade you one. I should be on either mid-day tomorrow or probably all day Saturday. If you see me using hatching or exp O-Powers, don't send a trade request. I'll have to ignore it because those take up a lot of points and I want to get the most out of it.

Edit: Didn't see you on today. Let me know when you can be available. I have a 3V Porygon all ready for you.

giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

Bank has gone back up in Asia, and apparently is up for European release on Saturday according to Nintendo Europe. Nothing announced for the US or southern hemisphere yet, but it probably won't be far behind.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Hasty 20/31/17/23/17/31.

As Sneasel was my very first shiny back in Crystal, this was a very pleasant surprise. I even think those IVs are better than what I use to have on past Weavile as well.

I can see Bank coming out either tomorrow, the weekend, or next week. There's no way that they would make us wait any longer, as Rating Battles are now infested by Japanese players with Pokebank Pokemon.

...yet none of them expect lead Wobbuffet with Encore.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by CressAlbane »

Not sure if anyone here uses Pokemon Showdown, but THIS just happened: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-81731086
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Wow, was that a ragequit I just saw? :P
THEWULFMAN
Space Ranger
Projects :: Evolved 2

Post by THEWULFMAN »

Psychic attacks seem to induce a lot of rage quiting in my experience, heh.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by CressAlbane »

Primarily, it's hilarious that we started with the same Pokemon, same moveset, same gender in the randoms division. And it's the mediocre Watchog.

Also, he rage quits. That's funny too!
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Pokebank is up in Australia and Europe now.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Still sitting here with three boxes ready to go. That I prepared about two weeks ago.

Also, turns out that Bank will not transfer a shiny Jirachi despite numerous chances for the Colosseum bonus disc to generate one. However, a shiny Mew from the event that was only released in one country, one time is perfectly fine to transfer. Also, a shiny Genesect that is always a shiny that was also only released in one country in an in-life event is also fine to transfer. Seems fair.

I know that the reason we don't get as many events in other countries is because of the travel times and the concept of being too insecure to walk into a Gamestop playing Pokemon so you just hide in the car, but can TCPI please just give us the same things Japan gets over Wi-Fi, please? I would have loved a level 99 shiny Magikarp or the two 16th Movie Pokemon in my own language.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Fusion wrote:Still sitting here with three boxes ready to go. That I prepared about two weeks ago.

Also, turns out that Bank will not transfer a shiny Jirachi despite numerous chances for the Colosseum bonus disc to generate one. However, a shiny Mew from the event that was only released in one country, one time is perfectly fine to transfer. Also, a shiny Genesect that is always a shiny that was also only released in one country in an in-life event is also fine to transfer. Seems fair.

I know that the reason we don't get as many events in other countries is because of the travel times and the concept of being too insecure to walk into a Gamestop playing Pokemon so you just hide in the car, but can TCPI please just give us the same things Japan gets over Wi-Fi, please? I would have loved a level 99 shiny Magikarp or the two 16th Movie Pokemon in my own language.
Yeah, it seems funny with some event Pokemon.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Bank is out in North America. Transfer all of the things!
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Confirmed so far: you cannot transfer an Arceus caught using the Azure Flute, nor can you transfer the Oblivia Deoxys. I'll keep an eye out for anything else that won't go.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Despite 1.0 blocking Hayley's Phione from Ranch, it seems it was fixed in 1.1.

Others not transferable:
Darkrai from New Moon Island from a Diamond/Pearl trainer (possible through v1.0 of JPN D/P or Tweaking)
Shaymin from Flower Paradise from a Diamond/Pearl trainer (possible through v1.0 of JPN D/P or Tweaking)
Certain old JPN Pokemon Center events (Probably just forgot about them and didn't put them on the whitelist)
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by CressAlbane »

Yeah, I was pretty bummed that my Darkrai and Shaymin didn't go through.
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin

Post by giftheck »

Fusion wrote:Despite 1.0 blocking Hayley's Phione from Ranch, it seems it was fixed in 1.1.

Others not transferable:
Darkrai from New Moon Island from a Diamond/Pearl trainer (possible through v1.0 of JPN D/P or Tweaking)
Shaymin from Flower Paradise from a Diamond/Pearl trainer (possible through v1.0 of JPN D/P or Tweaking)
Certain old JPN Pokemon Center events (Probably just forgot about them and didn't put them on the whitelist)
Perversely enough, those you listed seem to go through... if they were caught in Platinum. I got Darkrai and Shaymin from New Moon Island and Flower Paradise respectively over into X, but I did so after encountering them in Platinum. Apparently this is because events for both in Platinum were held whereas in Diamond and Pearl there were never any events.

I might also mention shiny Reshiram and Zekrom are also banned.
Fusion
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by Fusion »

Shiny Reshiram/Zekrom aren't surprising, they went through some hoops trying to make sure neither could show up shiny for whatever reason. Makes even less sense when you realize Kyurem can be and its shiny forms directly reference the colors on Shiny Resh/Zek.

But yeah, the only reason the D/P Darkrai/Shaymin ban surprised me is because those weren't made via hacking, they were found through a glitch.

Edit:
Caught a shiny Meditite this morning while raising a rather bad Yveltal. I was freaking out at the stats:
Medicham - #308 (Jolly)
HP: 12 - 13
Att: 17 - 18
Def: 5 - 6
SpA: 31
SpD: 31
Speed: 31
Only change I would want would be for the Defense and Sp. Attack to be switched. The Attack doesn't even matter. Once it goes Mega, it still has 290 which is more than enough to shut down everything that isn't a wall.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

So I finally got the chance to try a really cheesy strategy I've been wanting to try in wifi battles - 100% crit Kingdra. (VMUW-WWWW-WWW5-NX68)

I use Galvantula (w/ Sash) as a suicide lead to set up sticky web and bait out fire/ground types. When he dies, I switch in Kingdra, who is beefy enough to take a hit if he needs to, but usually forces a switch. On the switch, I'll use Focus Energy, which, when combined with the Scope Lens item, makes my crit rate 100%. Then I Draco Meteor everyone - and because of the way crits work, the decreases to my Special Attack don't affect me.

I'm actually running a mixed Kingdra, just so walls don't force me out once I've set up Focus Energy. There's no way this should work often (and there are some easy counters), but it has a pretty decent success rate in random battles.
Delta_57_Dash
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Delta_57_Dash »

Maveritchell wrote:So I finally got the chance to try a really cheesy strategy I've been wanting to try in wifi battles - 100% crit Kingdra. (VMUW-WWWW-WWW5-NX68)

I use Galvantula (w/ Sash) as a suicide lead to set up sticky web and bait out fire/ground types. When he dies, I switch in Kingdra, who is beefy enough to take a hit if he needs to, but usually forces a switch. On the switch, I'll use Focus Energy, which, when combined with the Scope Lens item, makes my crit rate 100%. Then I Draco Meteor everyone - and because of the way crits work, the decreases to my Special Attack don't affect me.

I'm actually running a mixed Kingdra, just so walls don't force me out once I've set up Focus Energy. There's no way this should work often (and there are some easy counters), but it has a pretty decent success rate in random battles.
Wow that's mean.

How do you deal with Fairy types walling you?
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

Delta_57_Dash wrote:How do you deal with Fairy types walling you?
Iron Head/Waterfall (and a +Atk nature), but a lot of them can wall me. Klefki, Azumarill, and Mawile are obvious issues. I can two-hit-KO any fairy in the game, but if a fairy gets a single attack off, I'm probably dead. It's not a great strategy - it's a gimmick - but it's fun when it works because it works really well. It wrecks dragons, though - even multiscale Dragonite is one-hit-KO'ed.