Star wars battlefront 3: hopes and dreams.

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Loopy53
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: Earth Apocalypse
Games I'm Playing :: swbf2 bf3 cod
xbox live or psn: Dont have one

Star wars battlefront 3: hopes and dreams.

Post by Loopy53 »

I know this thread is for battlefront 2, but this is a battlefront series thread and star wars general discussion says not battlefront series so I will post this here.

What are your dreams for starwars battlefront 3?

It seems apparent to all of us that the game will not be coming from lucasarts. Sorry to break it to you all. If, in the odd chance, the game does get officially made professionally, then I hope it will be up to expectations. I have no doubt it would make millions. So why havent they made it?

Well I could go on about all the rumors from spark developing it to free radical having a ponzee-type scheme, etc. But thats not what this thread is about. (feel free to ask for more information on these and other rumors if you must and I will dig them up...)

This thread is about YOUR hopes and dreams for a COMMUNITY MADE starwars battlefront 3. No, I am not starting a mod team to do this, but heres an idea.

What if all (or most) of gametoast came together to make an unofficial, not for profit star wars battlefront 3 swbf2 mod. Bassically make SWBF3 but as a mod for SWBF2. I hope this makes sense. It would be the largest mod for SWBF2 ever made! Imagine the quality, not per say the quantity, of the maps. Imagine the effects and sides. Imagine new space battles. Image tons of new game modes! Imagine a brand new campaign! All in one! Sure, Dark times two does this exceptionally, but why not engage the entire community to make a brand new game? Thoughts? Flames? Comments? No jawas allowed! Just kidding! post everything.

My personal dreams for a new starwars type game would be that of the battlefield series. Not say the GENERAL gameplay, but I mean destruction/graphics/vehicles. I could play cod 4: galactic warfare, but that doesn't seem battlefront-y to me. + Im still having technical difficulties, lol. Obviously, my dream would need to become a reality at a higher level of game development then just modding, but I can still dream it!

Is an entire-community made mod even possible?

I will end with a quote:

"twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didnt do than the things you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover" - H. Jackson Brown junior

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/dreams
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Star wars battlefront 3: hopes and dreams.

Post by Marth8880 »

There have been so many of these ideas and threads it's not even funny. :roll:

Also http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtop ... 29&t=26880.