Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U

Want to know about a game? Should we buy that new upcoming release? Post your thoughts on new games and ones you have...so others can know whether to buy it or not! All non-SWBF, non-modding topics should go here.

Moderator: Moderators

Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Re: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U

Post by Maveritchell »

Got a chance to get the demo today; Mega Man feels really nice (I thought he was going to be a lot harder to use). Using the 3DS to play hurts my hands a little, though. The shoulder buttons are switched from what I think I'm used to, too (I'm used to shielding with L and not R). I don't know if that's because I'm misremembering what the buttons do on the GC controller or what; it's been so long since I've ever thought about what my fingers were doing there that all I know is that those buttons feel backwards on the 3DS.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

I shielded with R all the time (because R+A grab was a good way to defend yourself and then punish people smacking your shield), but IIRC, L shielded, too. Grab as a single button was Z.

Anywho, Sakurai confirmed that the full game will have customizable controls
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comme ... t_sakurai/

As for my thoughts? I love it. I love the items, I love how it handles, I love that they buffed Link making him usable again. I can't wait for the full game, but this should hold me over until then.
Maveritchell
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Maveritchell »

I must be thinking of Z for grab, then. The real issue is that I keep trying to roll and instead I'm grabbing, I think. I'm going to have to sit down with Brawl and actually see what my fingers are doing, I guess. And yeah, I'd heard about the customizable controls, but the options are locked right now.
Twilight_Warrior wrote:...I love that they buffed Link making him usable again.
Holy cow, no kidding. He feels faster, and I'm pretty sure his dash attack is new, right (it's also crazy strong)? I kept thinking it was a short-hop fair when I saw it in videos, but nope, dash attack.
CressAlbane
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: CTF Arenas
Games I'm Playing :: Steam- cressalbane2

Post by CressAlbane »

I played the demo on a friend's 3DS, and I have to say I agree with Maveritchell. I'm probably used to shielding with L, so that's the culprit, I think. Mega Man just makes me happy in general.
Twilight_Warrior
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
xbox live or psn: ScorchRaserik

Post by Twilight_Warrior »

Maveritchell wrote:Holy cow, no kidding. He feels faster, and I'm pretty sure his dash attack is new, right (it's also crazy strong)? I kept thinking it was a short-hop fair when I saw it in videos, but nope, dash attack.
Yeah, new dash attack, less landing lag if you hit the ground with his down-air spike, more vertical distance when using his recovery, just... better.
TWINKEYRUNAWAY
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
Projects :: Empire Rising
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF Doom FONV
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by TWINKEYRUNAWAY »

wiiu/3ds version of melee final destination music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMl_IWN ... g&index=16

just....pure...epic....